Sa Re Ga Ma Pa 2012

First week thoughts

sushrutapandey thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
The contestants generally managed to keep up expectations although Sunday was more disappointing in terms of performances compared to Saturday. My thoughts:

- Padmanav: Was decent but not as good as his previous two performances. Thought he didn't have the power in his voice required for the meter down portion but felt he got praised more than he deserved by the judges.

-Madhuri: Again was not as good as her "Hai Rama' but her song was so difficult, it is really easy to find flaws. One problem I have with the judges comments is that they are focusing too much on presentation and not enough singing. The songs Jasraj or Padmanav sang, they have so much going on, it is very easy to mask the flaws. They should point this out.

-Renu: I didn't take to her earlier but this time it was a flawless performance.

- Zain Ali: Another splendid performance although I don't know if he deserved a full 30.

- Mohammad Aman: Supreme. Just no words.

- Viswajit: I thought he sang pretty well and wondered why the judges didn't praise him adequately. 27 was the right score though

- Suprima(not sure of the name): Imo, she sang really poorly and her score was completely undeserved. She was just reciting the words in many cases and really fell flat during the middle portion of the song.

- Jasraj: Didn't like his performance this time and once again felt that a loud song got overhyped. Yes, he is quite talented and the growling portion was decent but I felt he lost sur in many places.

- Kunal: Very underrated. So mature a singer for his age although there is tremendous potential for improvement also. One of my favorites-hope he keeps it up.

- Mrinmoyee: Don't know why she got such negative comments. Yes, the energy was slightly low but over all like Babaji I felt she sang quite well. Again, her song was such that you could easily identify any weaknesses.

- Parul: I thought she sang better than last week but she was a definite weak link so not really surprised.

-Arsh Mohammad: Nothing to say-not his day and he really messed up.

- Jas(not sure of the name but the ghazal singer): He sang decently and has a nice voice but I feel like anyone who sits with a harmonium and sings a ghazal gets overhyped on Saregamapa. One of my pet peeves with the show.

- Arshpreet: Has a lively, powerful voice but she pretty much sang a very similar type of song as last week and I didn't think she deserved as much praise as she did. Still she seems very talented and looking forward to her diversifying a bit.

-Shehnaz- beautiful, beautiful performance. Created an amazing atmosphere with his voice. Loved it/

Comments on judges:

- Shankar Mahadevan gets a little silly with his comments often.

- Rahul Ram is a great judge although not adequately critical.

- Wajid: He sang very soulfully yesterday. My favorite of the 4 judges. Makes such introspective and thoughtful remarks occasionally.

- Sajid: Looks silly but again an honest judge.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

music-a-muse thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: sushrutapandey

The contestants generally managed to keep up expectations although Sunday was more disappointing in terms of performances compared to Saturday. My thoughts:

- Padmanav: Was decent but not as good as his previous two performances. Thought he didn't have the power in his voice required for the meter down portion but felt he got praised more than he deserved by the judges.

-Madhuri: Again was not as good as her "Hai Rama' but her song was so difficult, it is really easy to find flaws. One problem I have with the judges comments is that they are focusing too much on presentation and not enough singing. The songs Jasraj or Padmanav sang, they have so much going on, it is very easy to mask the flaws. They should point this out.

-Renu: I didn't take to her earlier but this time it was a flawless performance.

- Zain Ali: Another splendid performance although I don't know if he deserved a full 30.

- Mohammad Aman: Supreme. Just no words.

- Viswajit: I thought he sang pretty well and wondered why the judges didn't praise him adequately. 27 was the right score though

- Suprima(not sure of the name): Imo, she sang really poorly and her score was completely undeserved. She was just reciting the words in many cases and really fell flat during the middle portion of the song.

- Jasraj: Didn't like his performance this time and once again felt that a loud song got overhyped. Yes, he is quite talented and the growling portion was decent but I felt he lost sur in many places.

- Kunal: Very underrated. So mature a singer for his age although there is tremendous potential for improvement also. One of my favorites-hope he keeps it up.

- Mrinmoyee: Don't know why she got such negative comments. Yes, the energy was slightly low but over all like Babaji I felt she sang quite well. Again, her song was such that you could easily identify any weaknesses.

- Parul: I thought she sang better than last week but she was a definite weak link so not really surprised.

-Arsh Mohammad: Nothing to say-not his day and he really messed up.

- Jas(not sure of the name but the ghazal singer): He sang decently and has a nice voice but I feel like anyone who sits with a harmonium and sings a ghazal gets overhyped on Saregamapa. One of my pet peeves with the show.

- Arshpreet: Has a lively, powerful voice but she pretty much sang a very similar type of song as last week and I didn't think she deserved as much praise as she did. Still she seems very talented and looking forward to her diversifying a bit.

-Shehnaz- beautiful, beautiful performance. Created an amazing atmosphere with his voice. Loved it/

Comments on judges:

- Shankar Mahadevan gets a little silly with his comments often.

- Rahul Ram is a great judge although not adequately critical.

- Wajid: He sang very soulfully yesterday. My favorite of the 4 judges. Makes such introspective and thoughtful remarks occasionally.

- Sajid: Looks silly but again an honest judge.

A well written post😊

How true. 

Even i feel the same, esp, the way ranjeet rajwada was hyped, despite quite a few out-of-sur performances😆

But, i was impressed with Jazims voice and performance, felt it was as rahul ram quoted for someone, Makkan with emotion😃

Am actually liking S-W for their toned down comments.

Hope, we don't get to hear the contestants personal stories, histories, etc etc. and we don't have to put up with people like Preity  making accented "see you guuuyyysss which sounded like gaaaiiisss[ cows ] to me😆
Edited by music-a-muse - 11 years ago
NoComments thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
a very well written post, and agree to most of the comments...

Kunal Pandit, Renu Nagar, Vishwajit stood out for me... Shehnaaz, Md Amaan were very good too..

Padmanav, Mrunmayee, Arshpreet and Madhuri are bundles of talent as well but sang below their potential on this specific episode.. But certainly did not deserve bottom 4..

OK with the eliminations for the day based on the performances that came from Parul and Md Arsh for the week..

Suvrima and Jasraj are the other weak links and need to go early...