Sa Re Ga Ma Pa 2012

Jasraj Joshi !AT from page 16 !!A future Composer!

music-a-muse thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
I heard jasraj singing twice, the desert rose mix and the previous one. was quite impressed.

Ishaqzade was very pedestrian, a dud performance, i feel.

The first two performances were high voltage, it actually made me feel tried watching his antics  and his verbal calisthenics drained me out totally.

The ishaqzade one, seemed monotonous despite the growls and scats or whatever๐Ÿ˜†

I was zapped when SM praised him so much, as did the others. What was it all about  he maintained sur depite drinking water, jumping around, and other weird remarks.

He was not drinking water while singing, right? only while the orchestra was on๐Ÿ˜†

i mean, over the top remarks for this particular song?

It is very obvious who are the judges favourites .๐Ÿ˜ก

I expected something better from  SM. though, am happy he appreciates Mohammad Aman. guess, can forgive him for going OTT for jasraj๐Ÿ˜†

Edited by music-a-muse - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

shunu6 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Very good post. I agree with you.
NoComments thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
The most overhyped so far... Followed by Suvrima...
tochukumari thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I actually love his singing, just worried about his over confidence !
goblue thumbnail
jasraj is already getting repetitive. The dressing and singing all OTT. He is a good singer, he just needs to let his singing (oringial) shine thru. In the first episode he talked about how he does not want people to notice his fat etc, total bull. Get some confidence man, looks don't matter if the music is stellar.

r07c thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5
I disagree with you, I think he is very different and a great singer. He killed the Ishqazaade song and showed he is talented. You forgot about how he changed his voice throughout the song and incorporated sargam and stuff and made it his song. The drinking the water needed to recognized...he was singing such a hard song and with such high range/harshness that he needed it. I think also he is a true performer by his water bottle action because he knew his voice was getting dry and order to continue he needed it. Also, he made the band a part of the performance by letting the guitar play through the mike. Don't forget all the other singers are too sticking to their own genres and not only him! Edited by robinc07 - 11 years ago
tulipbaby53 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
I'm sorry, but I don't agree with you, but that's what makes the forum fun, right? ๐Ÿ˜‰ ๐Ÿ˜† 

Jasraj is really a very unique find (according to me). Not too many people can do what he does musically. It was really cool how in his second audition how started with some raag and combined it with Dil Se and then brought it back to that raag. Ishqazaade had some interesting things in it. Okay, I also did find it weird how he went to drink water during the performance, but doing those growls can be really damaging to your vocal chord if you are not hydrated. He was able to do all those growls on pitch and not sound like he was shouting. He's a really unique find, but I just hope he doesn't get overconfident in himself. 
Dabulls23 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
He is Over hyped...he may be unique and hatke found...But only one of his in which 3/4 of singing was appreciated by me...Rest of the performances so far has been not worthy of the praise and hype that he deserves...

He has not struck any chord with me nor has he touched me..

Sorry
Purrrfect thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Let me put it this way, if he gets eliminated next, it wont break my heart.
music-a-muse thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: robinc07

I disagree with you, I think he is very different and a great singer. He killed the Ishqazaade song and showed he is talented. You forgot about how he changed his voice throughout the song and incorporated sargam and stuff and made it his song. The drinking the water needed to recognized...he was singing such a hard song and with such high range/harshness that he needed it. I think also he is a true performer by his water bottle action because he knew his voice was getting dry and order to continue he needed it. Also, he made the band a part of the performance by letting the guitar play through the mike. Don't forget all the other singers are too sticking to their own genres and not only him!

Ok ! I get your point too.

I thought it was due to the fact  that he probably had multiple takes,[ it happens ] hence, the water thing.๐Ÿ˜ƒ

This week, they were supposed to stick to their genre, so am fine with it.๐Ÿ˜ƒ