Jasraj Joshi !AT from page 16 !!A future Composer! - Page 15

Posted: 11 years ago
Originally posted by rajsun

main thing i like abt jasraj is --he is not scared of going the path less tread upon,,he is willign to explore and also sing in a diffferent style  ðŸ˜³, i dont just mean in his physical attitute which is full of confidence but also  his innovatinvness without changing the soul of the song he tries to brign a " twist  " i say !! it is diffferent but a welcome change ,😳

like the singham he sang today with his variations -as rahul ramji said got a feel of broadway music in between ., I too  liked it .😳
i kwn he missed sme surs during high notes but still it was enjoyable -- he doesnt sing it as in a competition --he sings with all fun and masti,  that;s what catches you !!!

u knw i really like all the contestant in saregama this year ,,, like all , i miss madhuri dey for sure ...and 
i kwn this is magical jasraj AT --😉

I also want to add ,,, there is smething diff abt this saregama ,,-- like the mentors are positive , no  strss ful atmosphere -- no strss on the contestants too-- they have been given full freedom to sing in their comfort zone ,,,

like MA singing full on -- classical and jazim -only ghazals or shenaz slow soulful songs ...

vishwa --- is ful pacakge , jasraj ofcourse is , 

for a change i am liking this no fiercely competitive  atmosphere ðŸ˜Š oh i forgot i like the band too they are good 
unlike in KS  the atmosphere was too competitive and that got all focus only on the comments than on the contestant's singing 

oops i got carried away ðŸ˜†ðŸ˜†

I loved the way u summarized it
it says it all
only 2 deserving contestants to me are - Jasraj for his obvious magic & ability to redifine the song & flawless Moh aman for his super talented classical singing
Shehnaz is not doing anything extra to the song & singing it the way it is
Vishwajeet is now trying hard to go Jasraj way & making fun of himself

now it's like anybody's game though
I loved his Piya Haji Ali. It was near perfect in terms of tone,emotion and the Sufi madness/energy component.

Edit: I do agree that sometimes he needs to be restrained but that is no flaw in itself. Rahman once talked about Sukhwinder Singh and said that he was a crazy guy who was very hard to reign in as a singer and once or twice Rahman had to put his foot down and force Sukhwinder Singh to follow his directors. I don't think a music director alone makes a song. A song is a confluence of energies from the MD, singer and lyricist and someone like Jasraj can bring a lot to the table.
Edited by sushrutapandey - 11 years ago
Originally posted by sushrutapandey

I loved his Piya Haji Ali. It was near perfect in terms of tone,emotion and the Sufi madness/energy component.

Edit: I do agree that sometimes he needs to be restrained but that is no flaw in itself. Rahman once talked about Sukhwinder Singh and said that he was a crazy guy who was very hard to reign in as a singer and once or twice Rahman had to put his foot down and force Sukhwinder Singh to follow his directors. I don't think a music director alone makes a song. A song is a confluence of energies from the MD, singer and lyricist and someone like Jasraj can bring a lot to the table.

I agree with your edit a lot. I have not seen the most recent episodes yet, so I cannot comment on his performance. I do feel that his energy would bring something interesting in the recording studios. I would love for him to get a break by Rahman and see what the combination of these two could create! JJ does have a talent that not many possess. I don't think each of his performances are perfect, and actually, some of them can be a bit OTT, but I do overall like his style and feel his inspirational energy. 
owrt then... here we go...

take a bow for the champion - Jasraj Joshi, the winner of SAREGAMAPA :)

I am so happy today .

Those who have criticized, few of them genuinely, most welcome. 

those who criticized for nothing.. hahahahaha i find u real losers today :)

all the well wishers- thanks a lot for your support, without which it was not possible

cheers all
CTRL + Q to Enable/Disable GoPhoto.it
CTRL + Q to Enable/Disable GoPhoto.it