Sa Re Ga Ma Pa 2012

Jasraj Joshi !AT from page 16 !!A future Composer! - Page 3

kisanji thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
good singer but I am still trying to enjoy.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sushrutapandey thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
More restrained performance from him today. Loved it.
Blossom5 thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: mdroy

Oh Good -- I thought it was just me.

I initally was a huge fan of his. Part of me still has hope that he will impress me although i didn't like last week's performance. The problem is this year, there are so many great contestants, you get so selective in picking a favorite. It's hard to  find a singer that grabs your attention and keeps it throughout the competition. I'm crossing my fingers for Jasraj, i am hoping today's performance will impress me but i am feeling he may be over hyped considering how the judges loved his last performance to bits even though it wasn't that great.
Dabulls23 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
I did not care for his "Preyasi" performance...I dunno why Shanker hypes him so much...

Hemu's rendition of "Preyasi ...Nahin saamne" has been the best...

This dude is merely "Khali chana vaage ghana" 🤔
Blossom5 thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Dabulls23

I did not care for his "Preyasi" performance...I dunno why Shanker hypes him so much...

Hemu's rendition of "Preyasi ...Nahin saamne" has been the best...

This dude is merely "Khali chana vaage ghana" 🤔

Unfortunately, i didn't watch SRGMP05, i didn't watch these shows then. But out of curiosity, i had googled performances from contestants of that season to see what i had missed and Hemu's rendition was my favorite from all those performances of that season. 😊
Dabulls23 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
This content was originally posted by: Blossom5

Unfortunately, i didn't watch SRGMP05, i didn't watch these shows then. But out of curiosity, i had googled performances from contestants of that season to see what i had missed and Hemu's rendition was my favorite from all those performances of that season. 😊

Yaar that was his elimination episode song...I  😭😭😭😭😭😭😭 buckets after such an impressive rendition he is eliminated 😡

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxxoBaKPP0k[/YOUTUBE]

Mindblowing rendition 👏
Nach_Baliye thumbnail
For the first time, I watched the most recent episode of SRGMP at a stretch. I was shocked to see SM and everyone else praising Jasraj so much, and the audience giving him a standing ovation. Nahin Samne is a fabulous song, one of my favorites, and the song embodies a lot of softness and tenderness, it is a very difficult song to sing. I heard Jasraj start the tune with the long "kaisi...", and expected the climax that happens in the actual song. Instead, he sang the same tune and carried it far, then took a breather and was very very soft in the climax, made me feel like he couldn't really pull off the climax so focused on the same tune.

After that, he lost me. Also, during the song he missed a few tunes slightly. I was very very disappointed. Right after this I heard two versions of the song on iTunes - one with Rahman and Hariharan, and the other with Rahman, Hariharan, and Sukhwinder. You really have to listen to Jasraj and then the actual song. Hariharan does the tune so so so so so beautifully, it touches your heart and is the softest most tender tune. Jasraj completely butchered it.

Okay so he sang the song in English and he did his own thing. However, to take such a beautiful mesmerizing song and then do your own thing in a way that is not as good as the original, is totally butchering it. I was absolutely shocked at how everyone was praising him so much. He is definitely overhyped.
mdroy thumbnail
He did hold the note for a very long time today and he has something but he showcase his classical chops more.  I think that Shankar likes him because he knows the range of his abilities.  He has a different style from Chandu.
Nach_Baliye thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: mdroy

He did hold the note for a very long time today and he has something but he showcase his classical chops more.  I think that Shankar likes him because he knows the range of his abilities.  He has a different style from Chandu.

He held the tune for a long time, but this song has the tune vary. It would have been better for him to sing that long but vary the tune rather then hold one tune, IMO. It is much more difficult to vary a long tune than hold the same tune. Given that he chose this difficult song, he should have done it full justice. Makes me think he lacks versatility. Doing ones own thing HAS to be better than the original, else there is no point.
Glad that he did something other than fusion this time. I like fusion but it get monotonous once you keep on doing same thing. I really liked his performance but SM should stop running toward the stage every now and then.