Jasraj Joshi !AT from page 16 !!A future Composer! - Page 4

Posted: 11 years ago
Yesterday, Jasraj performance - it is difficult to understand his English text (same thing with his first performance).  Maybe it would be a good idea, when he sings in English the text is typed on the screen, so the viewers can understand what he is singing.
edited Edited by music-a-muse - 11 years ago
Originally posted by UnsolvedMystery

Glad that he did something other than fusion this time. I like fusion but it get monotonous once you keep on doing same thing. I really liked his performance but SM should stop running toward the stage every now and then.

😆😆probably, with his busy schedule he hardly gets any exercise. this must be a good way with the multiple retakes that happen on these shows😆

No offence.
Originally posted by music-a-muse

😆😆probably, with his busy schedule he hardly gets any exercise. this must be a good way with the multiple retakes that happen on these shows😆

No offence.
Raaz ki baat yeh hai ki: SM said in his first audition that if jasraj does not go in top3 or 5..he will change his name or something🤣
So he has to push him..shower him...show his affection😆

after yesterday i fully believe he is overhyped
IMHO - Jasraj Joshi butchered 'Nahin Saamne Tu' yesterday, and was given Performer of the Day, Standing Ovation etc etc... I am getting totally lost with some of the judgement!!

Did not expect this from Parveen Sultana !

Vishwajeet was so much better than Jasraj yesterday! Kunal was also good as usual!
over-rated. mistakes were ignored. best performer, poor singing.
n padamnav too little bit better than him
Originally posted by DiamondLife

Raaz ki baat yeh hai ki: SM said in his first audition that if jasraj does not go in top3 or 5..he will change his name or something🤣
So he has to push him..shower him...show his affection😆

after yesterday i fully believe he is overhyped

Did not see auditions. SM said that? oh ok.
I think Viswajit should have been POTD. He had the more complete performance and fewer flaws. That said, I don't know how people can fail to see how much potential someone like Jasraj has. He is very creative with his singing and it is clear that he has a strong background both in Indian classical and Western music with a lot of effortless transition between the two. I think SM and the others recognize this creativity in him.

I once read an interview from one of the more famous reality show contestants who said that singing well known songs on stage was one thing but singing a song for the first time was an entirely different challenge and one at which most people failed spectacularly. I think someone like Jasraj would do very well in such a scenario. It is my opinion that he would also probably be better fit being a composer.

Anyway, my final opinion is that when limited to the competition, he should probably not be winning but based on what I have seen so far, he is a unique and very gifted contestant who probably should use the platform for greater success. That said, I could also do with SM and others toning down on the praise because it is not fair to some of the other superb contestants.

Originally posted by sushrutapandey

I think Viswajit should have been POTD. He had the more complete performance and fewer flaws. That said, I don't know how people can fail to see how much potential someone like Jasraj has. He is very creative with his singing and it is clear that he has a strong background both in Indian classical and Western music with a lot of effortless transition between the two. I think SM and the others recognize this creativity in him.

I once read an interview from one of the more famous reality show contestants who said that singing well known songs on stage was one thing but singing a song for the first time was an entirely different challenge and one at which most people failed spectacularly. I think someone like Jasraj would do very well in such a scenario. It is my opinion that he would also probably be better fit being a composer.

Anyway, my final opinion is that when limited to the competition, he should probably not be winning but based on what I have seen so far, he is a unique and very gifted contestant who probably should use the platform for greater success. That said, I could also do with SM and others toning down on the praise because it is not fair to some of the other superb contestants.

Totally agree with you. He does have knowledge of classical singing too.