Veera Articles Archive - Page 2

Posted: 11 years ago

Shagufta Ali in Yash Patnaik's next

Tuesday, November 22, 2011 | 4:32:20 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)    2 Comments
Shagufta Ali in Yash Patnaik's next

Small screen's powerful performer Shagufta Ali has been approached for an important role...

After playing Pari's grandmother in Woh Rehne Waali Mehlon Ki, popular actress Shagufta Aliwill be seen in a pivotal role in Yash Patnaik's upcoming creation on Star Plus.

Sneha Wagh who played the lead role inImagine's Jyoti will apparently play the female lead whereas Sudhanshu Pandey who is now a well known Bollywood face has also accepted the offer to be a part of the show.

We contacted Shagufta Ali who confirmed the news but refused to leak more details.

With such an interesting cast in place, this show has already kept the audience waiting...

Sneha Wagh to come back with Yash Patnaik's next?

Saturday, November 19, 2011 | 3:51:56 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)    24 Comments
Sneha Wagh to come back with Yash Patnaik's next?

The actress who portrayed the lead role in Jyoti is being considered to play the female protagonist in an upcoming show...

Tellybuzz had recently reported about the makers of Rang Badalti Odhani, Beyond Dreams Productions, bringing a new venture for Star Plus for which Sudhanshu Pandey is being considered to play one of the vital roles.

The latest buzz we hear is about Sneha Wagh who played the lead role in Imagine TV's Jyoti has apparently been zeroed in to essay the female lead in the show.

As the show will have Punjabi backdrop, the production is planning to go for an outdoor shoot to the North but for time being the pilot of the show is ready.

We tried contacting Sneha Wagh but she was unavailable for her comment.

So here's some happy news for Sneha Wagh's fans who are waiting to see her back on screen...

Reporter:Tejashree Bhopatkar
Author:Megha Bissa

Review of Veera

Review of Veera

Veera is a sweet slice of life show- it seems it will touchingly explore a brother sister bond

Veera
Production House: Beyond Dreams
Genre: Slice of life
Star Plus, 10.30pm, Monday to Friday

In the same week that Qubool Hai was launched in a Muslim family, it was a nice coincidence to see Veera set in yet another minority community of India- a Sikh family. Veera is a sweet slice of life show set in rural Punjab. The main plot of the show is the beautiful bond between a brother and sister. It has the lovable flavour of good Iranian cinema (like Children of Heaven) and reminds us of George Eliot's classic novel, The Mill on the Floss which is a novel about a brother-sister bond set in a family of rural India. Contrary to earlier speculation this isn't similar to Ek Haazaron Mein Meri Behna Hai which is on a bond between two sisters.

The writers and creative team are very perceptive while analyzing child psychology. Credit to them that they have etched out the child protagonist Ranvijay's characterization with such artistic credibility. The child actor Bhavesh Balchandani who essays Ranvijay's role has been superbly directed and realistically and spontaneously emotes while acting. His performance is far natural than that of many other child actors on TV who go overboard and artificial while acting. Scenes like when Ranvijay is crestfallen when his peers are celebrating Raksha Bandhan but he can't as he has no sister, he innocently stealing a bonny baby from the hospital and getting elated on viewing her facial expressions to offer her the sugarcane stalk he is chewing beautifully captured the pure innocence of a child. 

Kudos to the makers of the show, that this show is pro the girl child. In a country where female foetal infanticide is rampant, it is noteworthy that Ranvijay yearns for a little sister. 

What is also laudable is the delineation of the relationship between Sampooran Singh (essayed bySudhanshu Pandey) and his wife Ratanjeet (essayed by Sneha Wagh) which is a very close and caring bond. We even see Sampooran doing household chores so that his dear wife who is expecting can take some well deserved rest. This will be an inspiration to husbands in India to also lend a helping hand to their wives. Sudhanshu Pandey and Sneha Wagh  impress with their performances.

Sampooran however it seems that in the heat of the moment has betrayed his wife. Let us wait and watch how this climactic situation is dealt with in the upcoming episodes.

Coming to the drawbacks of the show- it is upsetting that in all serials in rural India the costume design, makeup and hairdressing isn't like what happens in real villages at all. Indian villagers are extremely simply dressed and wear no makeup. The look of a real village and villagers was maybe best portrayed in Satyajit Ray's Panther Panchali. However it seems that it is the protocol that in soaps the costume, hairdressing and makeup of rural shows must be more fashionable than it really is.

As far as the art design is concerned care has been taken to etching out a rural feel however once again the interiors of a village hut are far simpler than the in-built design of the sets. The exterior shots some of which have been actually shot in a village are better.

Coming to the time slot of the show, it is interesting to note that this is the only show set in rural India in the satellite Hindi GEC slot at 10:30pm. The other shows of the directly competitive channels- Bade Acche Laggte Hai (on Sony TV), Punar Vivah (on Zee TV), Parichay Nayee Zindagi Kay Sapno Ka on Colors and Savdhan India @ 11 on Life OK are all for a more urban audience. Therefore this show having a distinctly different flavour will attract viewers who wish to sample a different show at this timing. Also it may attract rural viewers who do have electricity at late hours and stay up late. The late night timing will however debar viewers who go to bed early from enjoying this show.

Rating: 

Reporter and Author: Pallavi Bhattacharya  

https://www.india-forums.com/tellybuzz/news-releases/13247-review-of-veera.htm

TOI: Veera & Junoon's cast is unique: Yash Patnaik

Purva Desai, TNN | Nov 4, 2012, 02.24PM IST

Veera & Junoon's cast is unique: Yash Patnaik
Yash Patnaik
After the stupendous success of Rang Badalti Odhni, producer Yash Patnaik is set to launch two new shows-Veera and Junoon, under his banner Beyond Dreams.

While Veera is the story of the bond between a brother and sister, Junoon talks about the concept of reverse migration. Says producer Yash Patnaik, "The concept of these two shows was developed by my wife Mamta and we were very cautious and choosy about the casting". Talking about Veera he adds, "Sneha Wagh who was last seen in Jyoti is back after a long gap and Sudhanshu Pandey is someone who is again not over exposed on television. The little boy Ranvijay is also a newbie in a way as he has not done many shows. We auditioned almost 100 boys before we zeroed on Bhavesh. The casting team was very satisfied to see Bhavesh's facial expression as he can emote a lot".

Speaking about Junoon's unique pair, Yash adds, "Both Mouni Roy and Aditya Redij have done some excellent work and I can bet that none of their fans have seen them in their new avatar. The show is set in UP so a lot of emphasis has been given to the costumes and look. We have also caste Ajay Chaudhary, Shalini Kapoor and Shruti Ulfat for this show. Junoon has some real action with some breathtaking stunts that have been directed by action director PK who is known for his stunts".

While Veera airs on Star Plus, Junoon is set to launch tomorrow on Life OK. Whether the shows will capture the hearts of audiences will remain to be seen once TRPs are generated in the coming few months!

High drama to unfold in the forthcoming episodes of Veera

High drama to unfold in the forthcoming episodes of Veera

Even when the wedded wife breaks down on hearing this truth, there is joy in the house as after all her eight year old son's wish to have a sister has been fulfilled at last

It seems that on Star Plus's Veera (by Beyond Dreams headed by Yash Patnaik and his wife Mamta) will be taking a turn like that of Man, Woman and Child by Erich Segal. In the upcoming episodes you will see Ratan (essayed by Sneha Wagh) discovering about her husband Sampooran's (essayed by Sudhanshu Pandey) love child. It will be a scene of high drama in which Amrita (essayed by Astha Chaudhary) comes to the doorstep of Sampooran's house with her baby girl in tow saying that as her days on Earth are numbered, she had no choice but to come to Sampooran's threshold as her child will need a home after she is no more.

Ratan is shell shocked to learn that the husband she trusted unflinchingly has been disloyal to her. She locks herself in a room, crying in anger and anguish and takes off every piece of shringar from her body and wipes off her sindoor too. 

Little Ranvijay (essayed by Bhavesh Balchandani) sources a rakhi despite Rakshabandhan being over. With all his unalloyed innocence the boy is overjoyed when his dad tells him the candid truth that the baby is his sister. How does Amrita react to this? You will surely find out in the high drama forthcoming episodes of Veera.

Raghuvir Shekhawat writer of Veera confirms that there will be high drama in the upcoming episodes. When the cast and crew read a few of the scenes that will be telecast in the near future they had both tears in their eyes and a smile on their lips. He explains, "Veera is to show various emotions simultaneously. This is a complex and not a simple show."

Raghuvir also informed us that this show explores the mature relationship between a husband and wife. He explains, "We will show the pathos of the wife who feels cheated as the sympathy should go to her. However the audience will also feel for the errant husband." It will be interesting to watch how the village panchayat reacts to Sampooran who is the sarpanch in fathering a child out of wedlock. Sudhanshu Pandey seconds Raghuvir. He explains, "Sampooran was feeling very guilty and quite a few times he wanted to tell his wife the truth but it didn't happen because of various reasons. It just gets disclosed on its own and this surely wasn't his plan."

When we quizzed Raghuvir as to why he thinks that Qubool Hai seems to be far ahead in popularity on india-forums.com despite both being good shows he replied, "Veera is telecast later in the night than Qubool Hai- the content of both these shows which started on the same day is different. Qubool Hai is a love story. Sometimes urban viewers especially the youth don't connect that well with rural life and the happenings in a village panchayat. However I do feel that Veera will catch up in due course of time."

Reporter and Author: Pallavi Bhattacharya

https://www.india-forums.com/tellybuzz/buzzin-hot/13254-high-drama-to-unfold-in-the-forthcoming-episodes-of-veera.htm

"Veera is about a special relation": Yash Patnaik

Tuesday, November 06, 2012 | 7:55:47 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)    21 Comments "Veera is about a special relation": Yash Patnaik

Tellybuzz in conversation with Yash Patnaik, the man behind Beyond Dreams Productions, who created magic on-screen by bringing a show with a difference, Rang Badalti Odhani and now Veera.We speak to the man himself to find out more...

You belong to a journalism background. What made you to enter into this field?

Journalism has its own highs and satisfaction. I wanted to tell stories, and not just to report them. Journalism is about reporting stories with your viewpoint. Fiction is telling your own stories. To be a journalist, you have to be a part of the system and being a producer, you can make your own system.

What kind of changes you have observed in this industry?

There had been a tremendous change. Zee TV had started when most of the channels weren't present. The changes happened in terms of scale and storytelling. It has reached much wider audience. A show reaches to the audience 10 times more than a blockbuster movie can reach. You become a part of their lives. The expression value,scale has grown up and the professionalism too. The most scientific approach towards making any show is not just a good story that you have but also a platform to tell. Its about the channel we are making it for, its profile, target audience, the trends. What kind of characters are missing and what kind of characters are need to be introduced. If I had to summarise television, the first phase came from Shanti, second phase started from Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi, third phase started from Balika Vadhu and I hope that fourth comes from Veera.

What is the strategy upon which Beyond Dreams works?

Beyond dreams works upon a strong creative team headed by my wife Mamta. Our strategy is to make good work and good shows. We like to bring changes in our society and the teams woks out such stories. In our previous show Rang Badalati Odhani, we narrated the story in a different way. The punishment for the girl was to marry the man who was in a way responsible for killing her husband, we tried something different and it worked. The same can be seen in Veera and Junoon too.

You have also worked a lot on documentaries and short films. What kind of documentaries were they?

Those were based upon human interest. The innocence of people and the work environment has always excited me. I was a cartoonist so people's behavior and expressions have always excited me. Motivation behind making such documentaries has always been the idea. If we don't have any idea then we don't have any motivation.

Tell us something about your upcoming movie Siddhartha – The Buddha.

Right now we are concentrating more on television because television is too large. Once we are settled with out TV show, we will look after the film . We have researched and worked a lot on Buddha. The movie can't be made in a year. It will take time. It has to go through many processes and require a lot investment too. Currently, these two shows are very critical for us and we are focusing on them.

We have heard that a few names from the television industry are going to be a part of the movie. Can you tell us about them?

It is too early to talk about it right now. We will be coming with new short films too. Recently we made Kaalo which was the first horror film in the world which was shot in daylight and has won many International awards.

What inspired you to make Veera?

Veera was born out of a thought. In a lifetime, you need a million people and you make a lot of relations with them. There are certain bonds that are very innocent and one such relation is that of a brother and sister. It's almost close to a mother and son and a mother and a daughter relation. No such stories have been told on Indian television. So, we decided to come up with a show that has such an approach. It's a story of a brother who sacrifices his childhood to make his sister's childhood more fulfilling and he becomes a mother to her. That's why the channel came up with the tagline: 'Duniya ki sabse anokhi Maa.'

What's in the future track ahead for the viewers of Veera?

Right now we are setting a base for the story. As promised by the promos, the relation of Ranvijay and Veera will be shown in the forthcoming episodes. There is enough to tell about their childhood and when we will be done with their childhood, they will grown up.

How do you manage your personal and professional life?

Half of the things are managed as we are working together. Our kids are taken care off properly. Mamta helps me and I help her and that's how our life is being managed.

Can we have a gist of your upcoming show Junoon?

It's a story based upon reverse migration. The story revolves around a girl called Meera (Mouni Roy) who will go back to her roots to find her father. It will be India vs Bharat. The story will be taken forward by Akash (Ajay Chaudhary), Meera and Prithvi (Aditya Redij).

What are your expectations for both of these shows?

Since the last 5-6 months, it has been hectic just making the shows and there will be no ratings for the next 2 months. So, that's going to be hectic again. We expect people to like the show and should feel as if they are seeing something new and different.  You will see a lot of action as in Bollywood. The viewers can have a gist of it in the very first episode itself.

Any new show in pipeline?

We have a lot of fantastic ideas. Once these two shows are well grounded, we will work at the others. Fiction is the central point for us. However there is no harm in trying something novel which we shall bring soon.

Reporter and Author: Anwesha Kamal  

https://www.india-forums.com/tellybuzz/starry-takes/13267-veera-is-about-a-special-relation-yash-patnaik.htm

"I am waiting for mere sapno ka Rajkumar": Aastha Chaudhary

Friday, November 09, 2012 | 5:39:01 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)    0 Comments "I am waiting for mere sapno ka Rajkumar": Aastha Chaudhary

Tellybuzz in conversation with Aastha Chaudhary...

Aastha Chaudhary, who is currently seen playing Amrita in Star Plus' recently launched show Veera and has starred in many popular TV shows like Babul Ka Aangann Chootey Na, Aise Karo Naa Vidaa, etc. talks about her personal life, acting career, and future plans with Tellybuzz…

Why did your parents choose to name you Aastha?

My family wanted to name me from the alphabet 'A' and they liked the name Aastha. Aastha means belief, bhakti and somehow it is related to God (smiles).

Which was your last show?

Aise Karo Na Vidaa was my last show and ever since then I acted in a series of episodics for shows like Crime Patrol, Adaalat, Saavdhaan India @11 and Fear Files.

What is so unique about your cameo in Veera? What was the reason to take it up? Tell us about the character and your look in the show.

This show is totally different from all the other shows I have done so far. Both the producers Mamta and Yash Patnaik are good friends. When Mamta called me and briefed me about the character of Amrita, I couldn't say no. it's very beautifully written and challenging too. I have never done any cameo before but this is something very close to my heart. As far as my look is concerned, in most of the scenes, I have to look sick and act like a bechari (laughs). This is something new to me; no makeup at all.

Any interesting incident you would with the child actor Bhavesh in the show that you would like to share?

Bhavesh is a very good actor. He is totally blessed. We get along very well because both of us are the followers and believers of Krishna so we have a lot to share and talk. When I am shooting with him, I just sit with him and talk for hours. We laugh on silly jokes.

How is it working with Yash Patnaik?

It is good so far. I really respect Yash and Mamta. They are really sweet to me.

What are the kind of roles are you looking out for now?

I want to play a bubbly girl now, full of life and happy go lucky type. I hope I get a show like this now (laughs).

You have not done any reality show. any reason for that?

Reality show mila hin nahi (laughs).

If you were offered Bigg Boss, would you have done it?

Yes, I would love to be a part of Bigg Boss.

Any phobias you have?

I have a phobia of water and height. I was even scared of dogs but now that is a little better.

Any interesting fan incident you would like to share?

Yes, I had one when I was doing Babul Ka Aangan. A man was madly in love with me and would send marriage proposals to me through Facebook. He even got my personal number. So, once his mother called me and said, "Please beti meri bahu ban jao." It was crazy. I had to lie to them saying, "Aunty ji I am already married (laughs)." It was really funny actually.

Who are your 4 am friends?

Abhinav Shukla, Nupur Joshi and Manish Naggdev.

How do you intend to celebrate Diwali this year?

I am going to visit my family this Diwali. I am super excited as it is my favorite festival.

What is so unique about winters in Rajasthan ? Do you miss them?

Winters! I don't miss it at all. In fact I am so happy that I am in Mumbai. I hate winters because it makes me sick (laughs).

You are fond of traveling. Which are your favorite holiday destinations?

Oh I love traveling and I really like unplanned trips. Bas nikal jao kahin bhi.. I am planning to explore South India and Kashmir with my friends very soon. My favorite place is Vrindavan and I love to go there whenever I get a chance.

Why are you single and not ready to mingle?

I am single and ready to mingle. I am just waiting for 'mere sapno ka rajkumar.'

Author: Anwesha Kamal

https://www.india-forums.com/tellybuzz/starry-takes/13285-i-am-waiting-for-mere-sapno-ka-rajkumar-aastha-chaudhary.htm
I dont think I will ever forgive Sarpanchji  - Ratan

Marriage is a sacred bond and keeping this in mind, it becomes a responsibility of both the husband and wife to respect this bond and be truthful to each other.

I don't know if I'll ever be able to face Sarpanchji again. I have given my heart and soul for the well being of this family. The worst of my fears came true  when the villagers questioned his integrity due to this disturbing event.

My only support in the current circumstances is Chaiji. She was the one who stopped me from attending Amrita's funeral. I have always admired Sarpanchji  for his righteousness. "Mein samajh nahi sakti ki uparwala acche logon ke saath itna bura kyon karta hai. Kya haq hai use kisiki zindgagi bigadneka?"

The decision to break my relationship with Sarpanchji was tormenting for me. I still love him dearly. But after what has happened, I wonder if things would ever be the same again between me and him.

Do let me know your thoughts on this and keep watching Ek Veer Ki Ardaas - Veera, Mon-Fri at 10:30PM.

SP Website

http://starplus.startv.in/show/ek-veer-ki-ardaas--veera-%E2%80%9Ci-don%E2%80%99t-think-i%E2%80%99ll-ever-forgive-sarpanchji%E2%80%9D-says-ratanjeet/news248_4761.aspx

Edited by seelaks - 11 years ago

I wanted to become an army officer: Aastha Chaudhary

Sunday, November 11, 2012 | 3:54:07 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)    2 Comments I wanted to become an army officer: Aastha Chaudhary

Mumbai, Nov 11 (IANS) Before entering showbiz, television actress Aastha Chaudhary's aim was to be an army officer.

aastha chaudhary

Before entering showbiz, television actress Aastha Chaudhary's aim was to be an army officer.

"I never wanted to do a nine-to-five job, I find it very boring. I wanted to do something different, but I was clueless. This is why I thought of joining the army. But my height is short for the army. Then I decided to give acting a shot," she told IANS.

She took the plunge after convincing her parents and decided she will forsake acting if things didn't work out for her in showbiz.

"Suddenly acting attracted me and I told my family. It took me six months to convince my parents. They were so shocked. But finally, they agreed. I said give me a few months, otherwise I will take up a job. But now they are happy," said the actress who was seen in "Aise Karo Naa Vidaa" and "Babul Ka Aangann Chootey Na".

Recently, she is seen in a cameo in Star Plus's new show "Veera".

"It's a very small cameo, it's something very different. The role is performance oriented... that's why I said yes. Veera is my daughter in the show. I give birth to her and die. There will be many twists and turns in the coming episodes. After my death, my story will be shown in flashback," she said.

This is her first cameo and she added: "Initially, when I was offered, I said no. But when I heard the story, I was like I have to do this."

"Veera" has replaced popular series "Mann Kee Awaaz Pratigya", and Aastha is confident that after the positive response that the show has got, it will do well.

Content with her presence on the small screen, she has no big screen plans at the moment and said: "I am not interested in films. If there is something really nice, I will do it but as of now I am not very keen."

https://www.india-forums.com/tellybuzz/buzzin-hot/13298-i-wanted-to-become-an-army-officer-aastha-chaudhary.htm

"I have many cousin sisters": Bhavesh Balchandani

Thursday, November 15, 2012 | 12:33:51 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)    4 Comments "I have many cousin sisters": Bhavesh Balchandani

Bhavesh Balchandani who plays Ranvijay in Veera on Star Plus is a sweet ten year old who is studying in Class VI. Tellybuzz in talks with him…

The character Ranvijay you play in Veera craves for a younger sister. Do you have a younger sister? If you don't have a younger sister would you like to have one?

I have many cousin sisters which is as good as having your own sister.

What is your favourite colour?

Green as it looks good anywhere.

Do you like to read story books? Please name your favourite story book.

I like reading books. My favourite story book is Akbar and Birbal.

Which is your favourite animal?

The giraffe- because of its long neck it can see far and wide.

Do you like to study? Which is your favourite subject in school?

I like to study and Maths is my favourite subject.

What do you want to be when you grow up?

I haven't really decided as yet.

What are your hobbies?

Skating, dancing, acting and drawing.

Veera is set in a village. Have you been to a real village with you parents?

Veera was shot in a village in Punjab- so I have been to a village. I can't exactly remember if I have traveled to a village with my parents though.

What do your friends and teachers say when they see you act?

They are happy that I am acting in Veera. However some of them feel that Veera is telecast too late in the night, at 10.30pm and many of them are already in bed by that time.

What is your favourite festival?

Holi

Author and Reporter: Pallavi Bhattacharya

https://www.india-forums.com/tellybuzz/starry-takes/13307-i-have-many-cousin-sisters-bhavesh-balchandani.htm