Veera Articles Archive - Page 5

Posted: 11 years ago

Ranvijay Veera to celebrate Lohri!

Saturday, January 12, 2013 | 6:23:04 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)    15 Comments Ranvijay Veera to celebrate Lohri!

Star Plus' Veera is going to celebrate Lohri in its forthcoming episodes…

Lohri is around the corner and it will soon be seen on our small screen too. . Yes, the show with a Punjabi background, Beyond Dreams' Veera will soon be having its Lohri special episode which will make its audience experience the fun and frolic flavor of Punjab.

According to our source, Ranvijay (Bhavesh Balchandani) and Veera (Harshita Ojha) will be celebrating the festival of Lohri along with their friends. Ranvijay, who has planned to gift a beautiful duppatta to his beloved sister Veera, is going to do something very sweet to gift the duppatta. We have also got to know that the Lohri sequence of Veera is going to hold lots of drama. Is trouble on its way for Veera?

It will be interesting to watch the celebration cum dramatic Lohri sequence of Veera in its forthcoming episodes. 

Reporter and Author: Anwesha Kamal

www.india-forums.com/tellybuzz/wassup/13727-ranvijay-veera-to-celebrate-lohri.htm

Fun and dance on the sets for Veera's birthday!

Monday, February 11, 2013 | 5:35:19 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)    26 Comments Fun and dance on the sets for Veera's birthday!

Veera aka Harshita Ojha of Star Plus' Veera, celebrated her 6th birthday with the entire cast and unit on the sets…

Yesterday was a very special day for the entire unit of Beyond Dreams' Veera. Reason? Little angel Harshita Ojha aka Veera who has made a special place in everyone's heart with her cute and adorable acting skills on-screen, turned a year older yesterday (10th February).

The little one turned 6 years old. The entire unit of Veera was there to celebrate her birthday on the sets. The makeup room of Harshita was decorated and a cake was called on the sets post pack up after 9 o'clock. Ranvijay (Bhavesh Balchandani) , Ratan (Sneha Wagh), Nihal (Kapil Nirmal), Chaiji (Shagufta Ali) and all other kids were there too to celebrated the special day of their sweetheart Veera

Harshita cut the cake along with all of them and the entire unit and eventually everyone including Ratan, Chaiji, and Ranvijay began to dance.

We wish Harshita a very happy birthday and a blessed year ahead!

Reporter and Author: Anwesha Kamal

https://www.india-forums.com/tellybuzz/wassup/13930-fun-and-dance-on-the-sets-for-veera-birthday.htm Edited by seelaks - 11 years ago
Actress Sneha Wagh, currently seen as Ratan in Veera, is scared of love. "Though my on-screen characters believe in love, I am love-phobic," she says.

A divorcee, Sneha fiercely guards her relationship status. She says, "I had a bad marriage and had to go for a divorce. I don't want to look back, but when people ask me about my personal life, I tell them that I am only committed to my work. I am not interested in falling in love as of now. Even my parents are very understanding and supportive."

Wagh doesn't have any best friends in the industry. For her, they are all colleagues. "I am basically a private person. I prefer to be by myself on the set. I have often been misunderstood as a snob because of that."

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tv/Divorced-Sneha-scared-of-love/articleshow/18574505.cms
Posted: 10 years ago

A lot of twist and turns await the viewers of Beyond Dreams' Veera, as Kartar will try to get close to Veera and keep Nihal aside from the lives of Ratan, Veera and Ranvi.

According to the ongoing episodes of the show Veera, we can see how Kartar gets restless every time he sees Veera (Harshita Ojha) and Ranvi (Bhavesh Balchandani) interacting closely with Nihal (Kapil Nirmal).

In the upcoming tracks of the show, the viewers will get to see Kartar (Harsh Vasishta) deciding to get close to the kids, especially Veera. The intention behind this step taken by Kartar would be to make a good image in the heart of Ratan (Sneha Wagh). Kartar knows that this can be done by influencing Veera with which he can make Ranvi happy and then Ratan as well.

Here's how Kartar will take his first step. Veera will try to ride Gunjan's cycle but eventually she falls off from the cycle and hurts herself. Leaving all his work behind, Kartar rushes towards Veera when he sees this. He picks her up and takes Veera home which surprises Ratan.

It will be interesting for the viewers to watch whether Kartar succeeds in his plans and will Veera share a good bond with Kartar in the upcoming episodes of Veera.

Anwesha Kamal

TOI : The new showstealers

Ano Patel, TNN | Apr 27, 2013, 12.00 AM IST
inShare
Share More
A
A
The new showstealers
Monica Bedi
Character actors are now grabbing eyeballs and keeping audiences glued to their television screens with impressive and realistic performances.

Alka Kaushal
Role Play: Raziya in Qubool Hai
Raziya Bi is one of the meanest and most manipulative antagonists ever seen on telly. As the honey-tongued schemer Alka manages to overshadow even the leads singlehandedly whenever she's on screen. Draped modestly in heavily embroidered dupattas, heavy goldjewellery and loud make-up to highlight her character traits, Raziya is one negative character viewers can't ignore.

Akshay Dogra
Role Play: Akash Suraj Pratap Scindia, Punar Vivah
Akshay Dogra as the gold-digging half-brother of the male protagonist, Akash Suraj Pratap Scindia shines through in his first shot at playing a negative role. The handsome actor who was last seen as the mild biz tycoon in Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon?, entered Punar Vivah recently and has managed to strike an instant connect with the audiences. His character has now taken a 360 degree turn and is on the verge of turning positive, until the next dramatic twist!

Sneha Wagh
Role Play: Ratanjeet Kaur, Ek Veer Ki Ardaas... Veera
After playing Miss Goody-two shoes in her last screen outing (Jyoti) the cherubic Sneha Wagh comes across as a surprise
package as the motormouth Punjaban, Ratanjeet, forsaken by her husband and forced to be the man of the house. From driving tractors to bringing up her children singlehanded, Sneha does complete justice to her character of earthmom.

Kiran Karmarkar
Role Play: Balraj Asthana, Badalte Rishton Ki Daastan
When it comes to sporting grey shades, television's erstwhile favourite pati Om, also known in real life as Kiran Karmarkar seems convincing enough. After a brief stint as a baddie in Uttaran, he dons the negative father-in-law's cap in Badalte Rishton Ki Daastan and carries the show on his shoulders. Kiran as the scheming, unsmiling Balraj Asthana who can stoop to any level for money, makes bad guys seem reel attractive!

Monica Bedi
Role Play: Guman Laxminandan Vyas, Saraswatichandra
Monica Bedi has already made quite an impression in her first small screen outing as the manipulative step-mom Guman in Saraswatichandra. She is one mother on the tube who dons the trendiest clothes. Whether she is dressed in a leather pants and a top or sexy see-through sarees, Monica teams up her look with sky-high heels. Twirling a strand of her hair (her trademark screen style), she is constantly scheming against her step-son.

Simran Kaur Hundal
Role Play: Anamika, Anamika
After playing the vivacious, girl-next-door in Na Ana Iss Des Laado, Simran Kaur who plays a witch in her new show has emerged as the face of the show, even stealing the limelight from the lead actors. Beautiful, cunning and sexy, this witch can resort to any means when it comes to wooing her beloved. Her impeccable fashion sense and her vivacity make her a scene-stealer through and through. No wonder the male lead looks totally smitten with her! On screen of course.

Indresh Malik
Role Play: Bittuji in Madhubala - Ek Ishq Ek Junoon
After his turn as the nasty antagonist in 12/24 Karolbagh, theatre actor Indresh Malik effortlessly slips into the shoes of the streetsmart star secretary Bittuji in Madhubala - Ek Ishq Ek Junoon. From a sidekick who blindly supports his 'Chief' aka RK the Superstar (Vivian Dsena) to the sensitive and affable man, Bittuji is a heartwarming
presence in a show and finds himself caught between the protagonists' clash of ego and revenge.

Himani Shivpuri
Role Play: Sunaina Chaturvedi, Aaj Ki Housewife Hai... Sab Jaanti Hai
l She is your typical smallscreen saas — clever, unforgiving and stern. Himani Shivpuri as Sunaina makes a greater impact than most actors in the show, including the leads. Clad in flashy silks, bright pink lipstick, minimalist jewellery and a dash of chalkwhite in her hair, Himani gets into the character with remarkable ease. Her sparring matches with the female lead gives the show its much needed masala.

Mukesh Khanna
Role Play: Purushottam Deewan, Pyaar Ka Dard Hai Meetha Meetha Pyara Pyara
As someone best remembered as Bheeshma Pitamah and then superhero, Shaktimaan, Mukesh Khanna as the funloving granddad in Pyaar Ka Dard Hai Meetha Meetha Pyara Pyara is a welcome change. Once you ignore his Amitabh Bachchan hangover, Mukesh is one actor who stands tall with his towering presence (pun intended).

Supriya Pathak
Role Play: Umaben Borasagar, Chhanchhan
The latest entrant to the saas-bahu brigade is veteran actress Supriya Pathak, who takes up the role of Umaben. Strong-headed, opinionated, she's perfect as the tough-as-nails, mean mom-in-law who enjoys calling the shots. Brace yourself for the verbal duels with the female protagonist that will spice up the show proceedings in the near future.

TOI Nihaal proves as the blessing in disguise in Veera

TNN | Apr 25, 2013, 06.51 PM IST
inShare
Share More
A
A
Nihaal proves as the blessing in disguise in Veera
Sneha Wagh
Beyond Dreams Veera aired on Star Plus will soon highlight the love story of Ratan (Sneha Wagh) and Nihaal ( Kapil Nirmal) in the upcoming episodes.

In tonight's episode offers Ratan (Sneha Wagh) offers Nihaal (Kapil Nirmal) a job in her farm and Nihaal in turn gets her and the entire village good price for their crops with the help of his contacts. Ratan realizes that all these years she has been living in a fool's paradise and failed to earn the right amount for the hard work she had put in. While the farmers are delighted and really happy, this gesture of Nihaal further irks Kartaar. 

In the upcoming episode, Ratan admits to Chaiji that she needs a man who can take care of her farm and who better than Nihaal Singh. Chaiji decides to send food for Nihaal as a token of gratitude. However, Ratan suggests calling him home and pleasantly surprises Chaiji. This sequence will be aired tonight. 

Sneha Wagh playing Ratan confirms, "The tracks coming up in Veera are interesting. The feedback is that we are getting from the audiences is also fantastic." 
Well, looks like slowly and steadily Ratan and Nihaal's love story will blossom.

Sneha and Gayle's blushing moment at the IPL!

Sneha Wagh aka Ratan of Star Plus' Veera shares her experience of presenting the 'Nayi Soch' Award to Chris Gayle at the IPL…

Ads by Google
Done Writing A Book?
Request For A Free Book Publishing Consultation. Sign Up Today!
www.Be-Published-Australia.com
Wednesday, April 24, 2013 | 4:17:41 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)   |  Copyright: India-Forums.com / TellyBuzz  |   23 Comments  |  10559 Views

Sneha Wagh who plays Ratan in Beyond Dreams' Veera, recently had a great experience during at the ongoing IPL. Sneha is a cricket fan and she likes to follow the matches. Sneha Wagh witnessed the IPL match between RCB and Rajasthan Royals which was played on 20th and later on, she presented the Nayi Soch Award. 

TellyBuzz spoke to Sneha Wagh about her experience in the IPL and about her interest in cricket. Speaking on the same, she said, "I follow cricket as a game. Being an Indian and a Mumbaikar, I am a cricket fan. However, I cannot follow IPL that much because of my hectic schedule. So this was definitely a great experience for me. I have been to Mohali, Chandigarh and Bangalore and I will again be travelling to Chennai on 28th April."

When asked about her favorite cricketer and her experience about meeting them, Sneha said, "There is nothing called favorite; I like all of them. I was extremely happy to meet Rahul Dravid and Chris Gayle. There was so much of security around that one can barely meet the cricketers unless you are the IPL owner or part of the committee. Rahul Dravid is a thorough gentleman and very respectful and that is why people love him so much. Chris Gayle is so tall and huge that I felt as though I was looking at the 'Burj Khalifa' in Dubai."

Sneha further added, "I also had a very brief and fun filled conversation with him while giving the 'Nayi Soch Award.' After giving away the trophy, I jokingly asked him if he wanted the cheque too and he was like 'ya.' I was completely flattered the moment he said 'beautiful.' I was like 'wow Chris Gayle said I was beautiful.' I have a picture of us together where we both are actually blushing."

Did Sneha get mobbed at the places she went? Getting a positive reply from Sneha's side, we heard from her, "Yes, in Mohali people were constantly coming up to me and clicking pictures. Finally the bouncers had to intervene and move them away."

"It's their love for the show and Ratan which is always very overwhelming," concludes Sneha. 

Anwesha Kamal

https://www.india-forums.com/tellybuzz/wassup/14648-sneha-and-gayle-blushing-moment-at-the-ipl.htm

TOI : Kids make prime time TRPs soar

Amrita Mulchandani, TNN | Apr 19, 2013, 12.00 AM IST
inShare
Share More
A
A
Kids make prime time TRPs soar
Bhavesh Balchandani in Veera
While many established names on TV are struggling to pull a show on their own, kids are raking in the TRPs. Be it reality, mythology or fiction, irrespective of the format of the show, kids are ruling the charts. And the audience sure doesn't mind seeing the little ones weaving an adorable world on screen through their innocent charm. 

Sample this: be it mythologicals like Jai Jai Jai Bajrangbali (Raj Bhanushali as Bal Hanuman),Devon Ke Dev Mahadev, (Sadhil Kapoor as Ganpati), or fictional shows like Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah (Bhavya Gandhi as Tappu), Ek Veer Ki Ardaas — Veera (Hrishita Oja as Veera and Bhavesh Balchandani as Ranvijay), Bade Acche Laggte Hai (Amrita Mukherjee as Pihu), fantasy show Baal Veer (Dev Doshi as Baal Veer) and reality shows like India's Best Dramebaaz and Indian Idol Junior are focusing on the child power. 

The focus is surely on the kids, but do they really make a difference in the TRP game? "Kids are a big factor for attracting audiences," says producer Shiv Sagar of Jai Jai Jai Bajrangbali. He adds, "They are natural in expressing themselves and I think that works with the audience. Children have been at the center of efforts to create an audience connect in films as well as in commercials for a long time. TV is all about having a habit to watch a show regularly and in most cases, the kid becomes a habit for the audience, so TRPs shoot up." 

"Kids attract attention because they add freshness to the show. Since TV viewership mainly comprise women, kids never fail to create an instant connect. But I feel kids should be introduced as a part of the story and should not stand out like a sore thumb. In India, any family story on small screen is incomplete without kids," says producer-writer Asit Modi of Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah

And it's not just daily soaps, TV commercials have been riding on child power for years. While depending completely on a child artist is a risk, showmakers seem to be fine with it. "We wanted to show the life of Bal Hanuman which no one has explored so far and had planned to keep the track for three months. But since the response was tremendous we continued with it. Shooting with a child is not easy, but we decided to take the risk and it has proved to fruitful," says Shiv Sagar.
Some showmakers feel the content that is the king. "Kids have an emotional connect with audiences. Though there is no clear cut formula to garner ratings, what works is honest storytelling and believable characters. Younger actors sure bring some novelty with them," says producer Yash Patnaik of Ek Veer Ki Ardaas — Veera. 

And in between all this hoopla about the TRPs and the competition, kids on TV are having a good time. Amrita Mukherjee, who plays the role of Pihu in Bade Ache Lagte Hai loves all the affection and attention she gets. "I love being with Sakshi aunty, Ram uncle and Sameer uncle. I enjoy acting a lot. My entire unit pampers me a lot. Initially, there was a problem when my school mates and other people would come to click pictures with me, but now everything is settled," says Amrita.
It seems, these kids will never cease to garner attention and if they can fetch the TRPs, then the channels/producers can enjoy their adorable antics and innocent endeavours with renewed enthusiasm too!

Baisakhi celebration on Veera

TNN | Apr 13, 2013, 03.14 PM IST
Share More
A
A
Baisakhi celebration on Veera
Baisakhi celebration
Star Plus' Veera Produced by Beyond Dreams is not only gaining lot of appreciation but is also garnering good numbers. 

The show has slowly and steadily made a place for itself amongst the top 10 shows of small screen. The popularity of the show was quite visible during the recent Golden temple visit and Amritsar shoot as the star cast was mobbed during the shoot. And looks like the upcomingBaisakhi celebration on the show will also prove to be huge hit. 

Reveals a source, "It can be called an interesting co-incidence that Baisakhi celebration and the current track fitted and it is relevant to show the festival. Sneha Wagh (Ratan) and Kapil Nirmal (Nihal Singh) won tractor race and horse race during the Shere Punjab Olympics and this has made the entire village is proud of their achievement. Thus, after their return the entire village will be seen celebrating the festival of Baisakhi in a grand way. 

Sneha Wagh confirms, "It was fun to shoot Baisakhi Sequence. The setting and feel was very authentic and I must say that Producer Yash Patnaik is leaving no stone unturned to make the show look as authentic as possible."

I was never a hunk: Kapil Nirmal

Thanks to his sculpted body and macho looks, Kapil Nirmal is quite popular among girls, but the actor clarifies that he is not aiming to become a small screen hunk.

Ads by Google
Done Writing A Book?
Request For A Free Book Publishing Consultation. Sign Up Today!
www.Be-Published-Australia.com
Friday, April 05, 2013 | 1:56:22 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)   |  Copyright: IANS  |   6 Comments  |  3563 Views
Thanks to his sculpted body and macho looks, Kapil Nirmal is quite popular among girls, but the actor clarifies that he is not aiming to become a small screen hunk.

"I was never a hunk. I can never expect myself to be one. I was a normal simple guy. I just want to be myself and obviously want to do lead characters," said Kapil, who was here for the shooting of Star Plus' show "Ek Veer Ki Ardaas...Veera". And he was mobbed by his female fans.

The 32-year-old is seen as Nihal Singh in "Ek Veer Ki Ardaas...Veera", who comes to a village to get rid of a sin that he did in the past.

The show is enjoying a good TRP right now and the actor feels if audience starts predicting the story of any TV show, it is a good news for makers.

"If people are predicting the storyline that means they are watching the show and it is a good thing. The moment people would stop doing that, it would mean that they have lost interest in it," Kapil, who made his debut with "Shakira", told IANS.

He was last seen playing the role of a Haryanvi guy in "Na Aana Is Des Laado", which was also set in the backdrop of a village. However, the actor feels his role in the two shows are very different.

"'Veera...' and 'Na aana...' are two different shows with different genres. That was more of action and this is more of drama. My looks were also different," said Kapil.

The actor hails from Jaipur and after doing graduation in commerce, he took up a marketing job, but says "acting was always on my mind".

Kapil also has his eyes set on Bollywood and said it will happen "very soon".

"I want to do it. If god will permit, I will soon do something good. Bollywood will happen for sure," he said.

http://www.india-forums.com/tellybuzz/buzzin-hot/14475-i-was-never-a-hunk-kapil-nirmal.htm