r07c thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 11 years ago

Toast to the host

S.M. Aamir
Javed Ali.

TOPICS

Javed Ali on anchoring "Hero Sa Re Ga Ma Pa 2012"

The man who used to sing Ghulam Ali's ghazals and later hit the public eye with "Kajra Re" is the centre of attraction again on Zee TVs Sa Re Ga Ma Pa. Javed Ali, who achieved fame with songs like "Jashne Bahaaraan", "Guzaarish", "Tuhi Haqeeqat" and "Kun Faaya Kun" and has also been a mentor on Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Li'l Champs alongside Adnan Sami and Kailash Kher, is now anchoring Hero Sa Re Ga Ma Pa 2012.

Excerpts from an interview:

What brings you to the show?

I am a great admirer of the show. I have been following it since childhood, and it was my dream to be a part of the show even though I could never be a contestantI have never anchored a show before, so I was really surprised and excited when I got the call.

Preparations?

I am not here to beat or overtake anybody. I will try to give my best. I got some tips from Shaan, for whom I have great respect. I got some speech training and even lost some weight to look good. I am working hard to do full justice to the role as it will not only be my voice but also my wit, observation and presence of mind taking centre stage. Even after preparations there are chances that I may fumble, but I hope the audience will excuse me.

Often on such shows, it is seen that the judges and the anchor are not on the same wavelength'

In a musical show it's necessary to have an anchor with musical knowledge, which I think I have. I have the right to advise or voice my opinion about any singer. As a singer I will speak out and, at the same time, I will never go against the judges for whom I have great respect.

What else is keeping you busy nowadays?

I recently did the title song for Ishaqzaade, then songs for Jannat 2 and Rowdy Rathore. I had this dream of singing for Shah Rukh Khan, which got fulfilled when I did a song for the late Yash Chopra ji's Jab Tak Hai Jaan. Now I am just waiting for the opportunity to sing for Salman Khan. Though my first priority is music, I am open to acting as well, if a good, interesting role comes my way.

I would love to see Javed act, which would add to his talent. Multi-talented man for sure :) ...loved his responses about not overtaking people and also that he will speak his mind when it comes to music and give advice. Wow he lost weight to be the host...he sounds like an actor hehe who always shed pounds for roles (he is ready for acting now lol) Nice of Shaan to help Javed out :)...what a nice guy. Jab Tak Hai Jaan is beautiful and I pray he gets to be a voice for Salman. He already got his wish to sing for SRK (IF has an article about it) and I know he will get the offer for Salman.
Edited by robinc07 - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

DiamondLife thumbnail
tfs...i really respect Javed
Meredith thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
nice interview. very honest and humble.
tulipbaby53 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Interesting! I don't know if I can see him as an actor yet because I'm so used to seeing him as a singer, but wish him all the best in whatever he chooses! 😃 It's always good to develop and challenge yourself.Edited by tulipbaby53 - 11 years ago
mdroy thumbnail
he should stick to music -- let's not have another repeat of Sonu
tulipbaby53 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: mdroy

Oh yes, I had written in my post about his movie, but I thought maybe others would get upset. That's why I edited it. I actually did watch too. It was really bad. ðŸ˜†
r07c thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: mdroy

lol I do agree...but it doesn't hurt to try like how Sonu did.