Ek Veer Ki Ardaas - Veera

Ranvijay is ADORABLE...bottlecaps and all

AreYaar thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
Lovely opening epi today...a refreshing show among the crop of usual soaps on air right now...and unlike the other recent show on sibling relationships that is currently popular on SP, I feel this show has a better writing team...

The rustic, rural Punjab setting is refreshing in a time where most shows are based in either rural Bihar or rural Rajasthan...no one's really done a good take on rural Punjab and as a Punjabi I'm looking forward to that.

Now coming to the main point...Ranvijay...what an ADORABLE kid and what a find! SUPERB casting! For his first show, this kid is SO confident and could give a run for their money to many adult actors👏👏

Such a precocious, curious and adorable little child...loved everything about him...from his habit of collecting bottlecaps to his "logic" for wanting a sister seeing his friends sporting a rakhi...to the innocent yet misguided ways in which he goes about getting a sister😆😆

The writing sprinkled in very sweet nuances...like Ranvijay offering his precious collection of bottlecaps to anyone and everyone in exchange for a sister...awww😆...and he ultimately even left a bunch of bottlecaps as "payment" at the hospital bed after taking that child away😆

Another scene I loved was the one where he asks his friend's sister to tie him a rakhi and the haughty little girl refuses to...so hurt he is there, poor child...and the scene later on at the hospital when he's watching that lady with her child and actually comments that she got a bad deal...that if she'd paid a bit more she could have gotten a baby with HAIR🤣...adorable this kid is in all his innocence.

Overall, a lovely beginning...the Sarpanch and his wife are well cast too...liked the scene in the Panchayat establishing the character of the Sarpanch...the writer is the same as the writer of BV I think and that SENSITIVITY shows...in the little interactions b/w the characters...a well directed beginning as well I'd say.

Hope the show continues in the same vein in the coming future :-)

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Nymeria thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Ditto to everything you said, Anu.
I like the simplicity and the innocence in the show so far. and Ranvijay is UBER ADORABLE. he is such a fine actor for his age. Fantastic casting 👏 like you mentioned.
I liked all those scenes that you mentioned and i was literally LOLing at that scene in the hospital where Ranvijay goes if they had given more money, they could have gotten a baby with HAIR!🤣 Awww so freaking cute!!! I liked his pouty face during that and also in that moment when he's complaining about that haughty little sister of his friend to his mum and dad. lol sorry but i just can't stop calling him "cute"!😆
I liked the actors who are playing his mum and dad too. I read some place that the parents' characters are only there for 20 some episodes. So, does that mean Ranvijay will be orphaned too?

anyways, it was a pretty decent start and the kid is definitely the show stealer.
AreYaar thumbnail
Thanks, Amyyy🤗  

Yeah I'm guessing Ranvijay will be orphaned pretty soon since the actor playing the Sarpanch is only on board for a 15 day cameo...and there has to be a reason why Ranvijay ends up becoming a mother so to speak to Veera...they will both likely end up being orphaned or in some other kind of trouble.

The kid is such a FINE actor...I also love the little gestures he was making at his father when trying to ask him for permission to go get a sister from the hospital😆
seelaks thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: AreYaar

Thanks, Amyyy🤗  

Yeah I'm guessing Ranvijay will be orphaned pretty soon since the actor playing the Sarpanch is only on board for a 15 day cameo...and there has to be a reason why Ranvijay ends up becoming a mother so to speak to Veera...they will both likely end up being orphaned or in some other kind of trouble.

The kid is such a FINE actor...I also love the little gestures he was making at his father when trying to ask him for permission to go get a sister from the hospital😆

Lovely post 🤗.

Yup !! Then only we can expect RanVijay to become 'Anokhi Maa' of Veera. He had already stolen my heart with his acting skills.

sauris thumbnail
Nice to see u here Anu & Liked the first episode
sitamma thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Anu...🤗how nice to see you again after so long.
Agree with everything you said.
Hope they will give us a good show and not spoil it after a few months as  in many other shows.
Swetha-Sai thumbnail
Anu 🤗
Fab post by u dear ! 😎
Agree with everything u have said abt Ranvijay.  
Maz. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Great post Nur!...Agree with everything.. the little kid Ranvijay is what will keep me watching as well..he's veryy cute 😆.. the Hair comment was hilarious!...such innocence..loved it.

Too bad he will get orphaned..I liked the actor who played the Sarpanch too...he's also good.

Lennie thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
I could not agree more to your post - Nur

Especially to how good of an actor that little kid is and adorable, i was thinking the very smae thing - he's better then most adult actors lol, you know when i was watching him and the surroudings, it took me back to remembering Child Kesar in Gulaal, the little elements to it...

😊

-SilverDragon- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

I agree with the Topic Maker and Ranvijay is just soo cute  btw the little boy was in Phulwa before as well.