•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 11 years ago
My bro is 11 yrs younger than me.. before his birth i used to yearn for a brother... once I attend a Jagran where the singer sang bhajan " Mainu rakhdi bannan da chaah..ek Veer dede daatiye",( translation- O godess, i want to tie Rakhi, give me a brother),  i literally cried that time listening that song, which made cry my whole family...
then with god's grace, he came to my life... Loveee him to the core... All these memories were flashing in front of my eyes when i watched Ranvi's yearning for a sister... I used to think that only sisters yearns for a brother... but never think as a brother's perspective... thats why I fell in Love with Ranvi in very 1st episode.. :)

His habit of collecting bottle caps also brings so many childhood memories...  As iv grown up in Punjab..there children used to do these type of things... though i never did that but still i used to do one thing with bottle caps.. i used to make wrist watch(nakli wali) with the help of those caps, pushing the blunt side harder on my arm and then draw numbers nd all with a sketch pen in that round thing made by that Bottle cap on arm... LOL

well, enough of my bakwas.. i just wanted to share this as mere pait mein gudgud ho rahi thi πŸ˜† baatein ander ni rakhni chahiye na...Lolz... In short, m loving this show... so many expectations frm this show, as i was and still(coz of its past episodes) am in Love with Behnas (Jeevika-Manvi) their bonding has amazed me to the core till now... so here my expectations are more than that... AND after watching only two episodes i can say that the show will create history *fingers crossed*
Very true, Neha! This show's main USP is the fact that it is so close to real emotions and I wrote the same for the review of first episode as it instantly connects you with the plot! The desire to have a brother is again something that many like myself can relate to and I have had an experience similar to that of yours. I was about 3 yrs old when I went to gurudwara in North with my parents and I noticed people lining up to book an Akhand Path (Special prayer that is done in 3 days at a stretch without any break) as they get very busy so people wait years to get their path done. I remember asking my parents why are they doing this and they replied saying people do so to request something special or do it to offer thanks once their wish is fulfilled (kinda like doing a Sukhna or a Mannat). I instantly said "Baba Ji, we will do Akhand Path as well if you will give me brother"!; my parents were quiet surprised that I unknowingly made a wish this big!

And since I am from Amritsar, I know of that Gurudwara that was mentioned in the show today by the lady where everyone's wish to have a child is fulfilled. That Gurudwara is named "Baba Budha Ji" and it is about 45 mins away from my house and we went there as well to pray for a child (i wanted a brother so i prayed for a guy lol) and that gurudwara has a significance that everyone's prayers are answered; they give special parshaad to all the ladies who are expecting and they do get a child. So, my mother had that same parshaad and soon enough, my brother was born! Once he grew up a little, we all went back to the same gurudwara back in North to fulfill our promise (the one I made) and did an Akhand Path! 

So, all of that they are showing is quiet close to reality- real emotions! Ranvijay's desire to have a sister encompasses emotions of many in the audience and I am sure that is something that would take this show to greater heights! Like you said, showing a guy wanting a sister is an interesting concept as usually girls pray for their brothers but this new concept puts an interesting spin to the whole thing!! Today's episode was again nothing less than yesterday, I enjoyed watching it! Looking forward to see what is in store :)
Edited by Amii90 - 11 years ago
Hi Neha.. Ur story of ur yearnings for a brother is very touchy.. Siblings  are always our close-to-heart people.. Even I have a younger brother but the age gap is low, he is only 2.5 yrs younger to me.. πŸ˜Š

I have totally fallen for the cute Ranvijay and his adorable parents in the very first episode itself.. And also love the close to reality atmosphere of the story.. Hope there are no BIGG jhatkas awaiting which hampers this happy family..
That's true Neha! I'm a single child and always yearned to have a sister.
My mom used to say that in my childhood I used to ask her for younger sister and an elder brotherπŸ˜†! LOL
Innocence of child is always adorable!😊
i hope this show does well and sticks to its concept
The show is quite realistic...nd thts the reason y people can connect to it easily...
the child's yearning for having a sis is too adorable to watch nd many like u nd ami di yearn 4 a smaller sibling*i already have an elder sis nd sometimes her acts r like of a smaller sis wid me...* so one can easily connect to the show...
The show will defo create history...*fingers, toes nd everything crossed lol*