•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 11 years ago
We all know that the contestants are not ''mentored" by the esteemed judges.They are not mentored by them. period.

They are " mentored " by one or two music [directors] gurus who are roped in by  by the producers to  select songs, and teach them, rehearse etc etc. the whole week before the recording takes place.

These are the guys working behind the camera with the contestants.

The judges just breeze in before the recording. 

You cannot mentor a well prepared singer before the recording, can u?πŸ˜•

Once during  every  show, we are shown a 3-5 min clipping of the contestants spending time with the mentors. shot just to show usπŸ˜†

In this scenario, does it make sense to have teams?

All it produces is obvious partiality .

Though they would like us to believe otherwise.

We saw undermarking of contestants of their own team and overmarking of contestants of other teams, just to prove their so called impartiality.

Obvious example was SW asking preity to mark Arsh and then over ruling her 10 [ its a different issue he did not deserve it ] and then SM saying, see how impartial they are, they under marked their own contestant.πŸ˜†

It was  so obviously staged to prove a pointπŸ˜†

Do we need teams?  Is it  necessary ? team-wise?πŸ˜ƒ

I personally think we do not.

what do you guys think?

P. S- i think someone  from SW team will be the winner this time😊
Edited by music-a-muse - 11 years ago
Well, I love the idea of having teams, but the execution is not fair to the contestants. They come to the show thinking they get to work with such big music directors, but in reality, the MD does not have that much time to devote to them.

Over here, there's a show called "The Voice", and these mentors are the some of the biggest names in the industry, but they take out so much time for each contestant. The audience actually sees them working with them over the course of a few days. I don't think they work with each person everyday (because it's not really possible when the teams are big), but I think as the teams get smaller, they do. They communicate with each team member through texting and e-mails as well. I love seeing that kind of devotion to the contestant and a true want for their success. 

In this show, I feel like (I don't mean any disrespect) the judges are just here for fun. They do enjoy the good singing, but they do not really take out time to train each contestant and really help them with their career. 

On the other hand though, it is because these MDs hear the contestants, that some contestants get to sing in movies. I know SM has taken many SRGMP contestants in his movie songs. Same with VS when they were on the show. 

Having the judges there is a good idea, but I don't think the idea of teams is good since they get trained by some other teacher like in Indian Idol (but in II there are no claims of judges training). 
i dont see any point in having team..
but mentors should shuffle every week..for 4-5 contestants and bring the best out of them..
ultimately they want one brilliant singer to win..