~Sushant Rajput Obsession Syndrome #5~

Posted: 11 years ago

[Banner Credit: -Faiza-]

Sushant, a Delhi-ite, was born to the Rajput family originally from Chandigarh. Pampered and indulged by his four elder sisters since childhood, Sushant is a fun loving and jovial guy with an emotional core. He defied his parents to follow his dreams of joining the glamour industry, promising to return if things did not work out. However, once he started, he had no reasons to look back at all. Today he is one of the biggest stars on television, having made his mark as an excellent actor and dancer. Always eager to creatively explore new grounds, Sushant aimed to become a top notch director some day. Easily the current heartthrob, he broke a number of hearts when he proposed to his co-star Ankita Lokhande on National Television. Sushant left Pavitra Rishta on October 23, 2011 to do something new in his life. He has intentions of being the Asian James Bond. He is a also social activist and supports child literacy projects and the provision of food for poor children.

Sushant's FB Account

https://www.facebook.com/sushant.rajput.10

Sushant's IF Profile

https://www.india-forums.com/celebrity/2553/sushant-singh-rajput/

Links to the previous AT

Edited by AshuNaik - 11 years ago

Academically inclined Sushant intended to be an engineer, and joined the Delhi College of Engineering, for which he even got a scholarship. However, he was drawn to the world of performing arts after watching a show by ace choreographer Shiamak Daver's dance troupe. He joined the group and was fortunate enough to get a lot of encouragement, as Shiamak, noticing Sushant's dedication and talent, gave him opportunities to perform in the 2006 Commonwealth games and Filmfare Awards. Upon his return, he also joined theatre classes with Barry John. His studies suffered,  and it was then that he decided to concentrate on his true calling- he left his studies midway and directed his steps towards Mumbai. There he joined Ashley Lobo's dance group, learnt martial arts from Allan Amin, assisted director Mohit Suri during the making of Raaz 2, and did theatre with Nadira Babbar's group. It was at one such show for an NGO that he was spotted by a Balaji Production Executive, and a new phase in Sushant's life started.

Sushant started his innings in television in 2008 with Balaji Telefilms' 'Kis Desh Mein Hai Mera Dil' on Star Plus, wherein he essayed the role of Preet Juneja. Though it was not the main lead, this happy go lucky character who progressed in the show from being a carefree young lad to a responsible brother, husband and son, won many hearts. But the show that propelled Sushant to new heights of stardom was Balaji Telefilms' Pavitra Rishta on Zee TV in which he played the lead role of a soft spoken, shy mechanic called Manav Deshmukh. Sushant's endearing portrayal of this excellently sketched character soon garnered a huge fan following, and he received many accolades for the same. In May 2010, he participated on the  dance show Zara Nach Ke Dikha on Star Plus, based on the theme of girls vs boys. Plagued by injuries and illnesses, he put in his best foot forward, but received appreciation in true sense in Dec 2010 on Sony Entertainment Television's Jhalak Dikhla Jaa, based on the British hit Strictly Come Dancing. Though he could not win the show, his excellent performances fetched him the most spotless performer award, loads of praise from stalwarts of dance and millions of fans as he set out an unsurmountable record of perfect scores.

1. In 2009, Best Jodi award with Ankita Lokhande at Zee Rishtey Awards.

2. In 2010, Best Actor (Male) award at KalaKaar Awards.

3. In 2010, Best Actor (Male) award at Zee Gold Awards

4. In 2010, Best Actor (Male) award at Indian Television Academy Awards.

5. In 2010, Best Actor (Male) award at Xplore International Awards.

6. In 2010, Most Popular Face (Male) award at Zee Rishtey Awards.

7. In 2010, Best Jodi award with Ankita Lokhande at Zee Rishtey Awards.

8. In 2010, Big Star Television Actor (Male) award at Big Star Entertainment Awards.

9. In 2011, Favorite Popular Television Actor (Male) award at Lions Gold Awards.

10. In 2011, Best Television Actor (Male) award at The Global Film and Television Honors Awards.

11. In 2011, Best Television Actor (Male) award at FICCI Frames Excellence Awards.
12. 2011 Best Actor (Male) at Zee Gold Awards

Birth Name
: Sushant Singh Rajput

Nick : Sushant

DOB : 21 January 1986, 26 yrs.

Star Sign : Aquarian/ Capri

Height : 183 cms

Debut : Kis Desh Mein Hai Mera Dil (STAR Plus)

Lineage : From Patna

How many places have you lived in till date I have lived in 5 cities

Favourite Movie Dialogue: Bade bade shehron main choti choti baatein hoti rehti hai

Favourite Season: Rainy season.

Favourite Vacation Spot: Mauritius

Favourite Brand: Nike

Favourite Musical Instrument: Guitar, I know to play it pretty well.

Favourite Dish: Rajma Chawal

Favourite TV Show: Friends

Favourite Bollywood actor: Shah Rukh Khan

Favourite Bollywood actress: Madhuri Dixit

Favourite Hollywood actor: Keanu Reeves

Favourite Hollywood actress: Monica Belluchi

Favourite cartoon character: Tom and Jerry

The Saddest day of my life: When I joined Engineering College.

Memorable Moment: When I represented India in a dance performance at Commonwealth Games in Australia in 2006.

One thing that nobody knows about you: Well, I have flunked 16 times in my engineering college and have still not completed (smiles).

If you are granted three wishes, you would ask for: A physique like John Abraham, acting prowess as SRK and looks like Hrithik Roshan.

Your best childhood memory: when I stood first in class 3.

Your experience when facing the camera for the first time: I was nervous

On your last birthday, what you did? had a pool party with my friends and Kis Desh & PR friends

I am transparent

Life is full of fun

Love is divine

Marriage is a commitment

Your ideal woman should be intelligent, beautiful, loving , caring and understanding

Your dream date will be in a jungle with Monica Belluchi

What kind of music do you like? depends, when I am driving I like slow music and when I am partying I like hard rock and hip-hop.

Your first crush happened when I was in class 4 and she was my class teacher

Your first date was when I was in class 10 and it was with my classmate Rashmi. We went on a long drive.

Your long lasting friend is Ankit and I met him when I was in kindergarten and till today we are in touch.

Do you make friends easily very easily

How do you rate yourself as an actor? I would like to rate myself 12 on 10.

Last time you were stalked
I don't remember

Philosophy of life don't take life too seriously. Have fun and enjoy every single moment of your life.

Advice to youngsters educate yourself and at the same time enjoy life.

Your message to fans: Keep rocking, love you all

You are most complimented for My eyes. Apparently they are deep and soulful, though I think they are too small to drown in (laughs)

Sexiest thing you did for your girlfriend Ankita Lokhande We were at a house party and I took my shirt off and danced for her. She was pleasantly surprised

Why Manav was so loved? Many fans tell me that they think I must be just as sensitive and good as Manav in real life. That's really humbling.

Sushant Singh Rajput is set to make foray into bollywood with Rock On director Abhishek Kapoor's Kai Po Che based on Chetan Bhagat's book The 3 Mistakes Of My Life. After quitting his TV show in October 2011, Sushant lay low for a while to prepare for his film debut. He chose to do the ground work for his lead role as Ishaan in this film. After he left Pavitra Rishta he rejected 7-8 films offered to him and waited for the right choice. Sushant  was also offered Aashiqui 2 from the bhatt camp before the role went to Aditya Roy Kapoor." Apart from Aashiqui 2, he also let go a three film contract with Yash Raj Films which also included Aurangzeb with Arjun Kapoor. "He was under a two film contract with UTV. And thus couldn't bag these lucrative offers. Prior to offers from the Bhatt camp and Yash Raj banner, Sushant was approached for a Hollywood project. "The film was about female foeticide but he did not like the script. His priority is not about having a break and making money. But Sushant is excited by quality work. Sushant is not keen on doing hero-centric roles. He is ready to do any role as long as it's challenging.

Kai Po Che

Best friends Ishaan (Sushant), Omi and Govind young, ambitious and restless  are trying to make a mark in the India of the early 2000's. These are exciting times a new millennium has just dawned, India's a nuclear power and ostensibly shining a perfect place for the 3 Ahmedabad boys to start a business that could be their ticket to fame and riches. In a country where cricket is religion, they hit upon a brilliant plan to start a training academy that could produce India's next sporting superstars! What follows is without doubt the greatest adventure of their lives, as they attempt to navigate the big hurdles in the path of fulfilling their dreams. Based on Chetan Bhagat's bestselling novel "The 3 Mistakes of My Life", Kai Po Che (meaning a triumphant yell in Gujarati) is an unforgettable ode to friendship and the magical moments one shares with one's closest pals celebrating festivals, drunken dancing, watching cricket matches together, strategizing on how to catch the attention of the cute neighborhood girl, being there to watch each other's back in troubled times and to celebrate one's successes by screaming "Kai Po Che"!

Sushant as Ishaan

Sushant plays the character of Ishaan, who is quite myopic but good at heart. The character of Ishaan in the movie is a big fan of cricket and dreams of opening a training academy. Sushant is trying his best to step into 'cricket mode' and enact his character well.

Peekay

Sushant will be seen playing parallel lead in Rajkumar Hiran's Peekay along with Aamir Khan and Anushaka Sharma. The film will be released on 25th December 2013.
The film is reported to be a political satire, with Aamir playing P.K., an alcoholic social crusader. The film's title, Peekay, echos Aamir's character's name as well as his drinking habits. Sushant's character is yet to be known.

"It's only in the movies that we see that opposites attract; in real life there are no Jab We Met stories. But here's a real life Jab we met story.

They were already in a relationship when Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa happened. Introvert that he is, he didn't want to announce it to the world that they were seeing each other. She hated that, naturally. She fought with him and argued that he didn't love her enough or even worse he was embarrassed! And just when she thought that his opposite nature was getting on her nerves, he went down on his knees and proposed to her on national TV on the sets of Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa! She was stunned. The guy, who's essentially a private person, declared his love for her in front of a million people just to please her' She fell in love with him all over again at that moment

[Banner Credit: LonleyShadow]

stefanandre
fansush
Tanyaz
Sushant_Salman_
Jaishankar
--.NArESh.--
suan
dhoomdhadaka
nikitagmc
PariD
 gremlin.
rash2222
majoni03
lunza
manjulata
AshuNaik
RBAA
johncena2003
Anijoyce
vijaya13
Pvrr
  thisistas
Sush_IshaanKPC
ashwinhegde01
gaurav_ankita08
sushita30
ipsii
ashiti
..Sonii..
irenep
maanm1012
 ...erum...
 blackdaughter
Jessu
 belle4u
 jamune
 sourpuss
 heaven002x
pRinc3ssRZxJT
bones88
FallenAngel
 _angel_
sallu_lover
~*Sofia*~
snowwhite30
shabs_89
-Preeti-
meli
devashree_h
 ayushikdmhmd
nitzi
Mallu_gal
-Anza-
 $weetEma
Alisha_01
DisneyDudette
ashwitha
wida
pyar_siya
preetmeher
KasuPremeer
 Mp_desigirl
s3exicuti4lyfe
jaan 234
punjabi_qt26
-Ravjot-
xxReenO-xx
 happy9
skstar
ancyz_world
tasnime
 piya_10
nshr
 aartifarty
unknown18
FunlovingGirl
toothbrush13
mitts
addicted2dramas
tutu4lyfe
 Asther
bhavni88
mini1roka
avani31
Akashspartan
muneera19
monica22
Anjali .. xXx
Tulsey
 [email protected]
arunima_luvdsky
 cutegirl94
 soni87
madhurya_ch
 Vedika126
 ctnabilah
 tv_madness
ishana360

Do hit the LIKE button, if you want to join Sushant's AT.

"The acting bug bit me at a very young age"

Sushant Singh Rajput Is Next Big?

Teacher's pet: Sushant

I can impress any girl: Sushant Singh Rajput

I'm not afraid of failure: Sushant Singh Rajput

I like taking risks, says Sushant Singh Rajput

Sushant gives up Yash Raj and Bhatt Camp offers

I feel at home in Ahmedabad: Sushant Singh

Hollywood calling Sushant Singh

Wacky ways to overcome hangover - Sushant

When Sushant got spooked by the Fear Files promotional campaign

No more acting for me says Sushant

Sushant gifts Ankita diamond earrings on her birthday

I have not quit television, says Sushant Singh Rajput

I will miss Pavitra Rishta, says Sushant Singh Rajput

What is Sushant Singh Rajput watching on the small screen?

Lobsters, pani puri and pasta for Sushant Singh Rajput

I want to change my hairstyle - Sushant Singh Rajput

AT Rules

No Chatting

Please do not use caps in any of your posts. Many members consider it offensive.

Do NOT post countless consecutive posts. We have an Edit button for a reason!

Avoid quoting extremely large posts, unless it is absolutely necessary.

When posting PICTURES, post at least 2-3 in one post, instead of posting one picture per post.

Check before posting ARTICLES, do not post the article twice.

DO NOT bash other actors

If you have a problem with ANYONE, try solving it via PM

congrats on new at of sushant to all pankas here
Congrats for the new AT...
Hip Hip HurreyyšŸ„³