Sa Re Ga Ma Pa 2012

Recycling of contestants !

music-a-muse thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
This is happening show after show .

We have hundreds or may be thousands of talented people, but we are seeing contestant of one show participating and getting selected in other shows.

we also have contestants  winning regional shows of a particular channel, eg Zee  and being selected for the mainstream  show of the same channel.

we also have contestants singing in movies, doing stage shows, having their own bands, still participating in these shows and taking away the chances of unknown participants.

Is it fair?

Shashi suman from SRGMP also participated in Indian idol.

Arsh mohammad participating twice in SRGMP

Vipul took part in svoi1 and won Indian idol this year.

Zee picks up its own regional contestants to participate in the national SRGMP, eg, vaishali, vishwajeet

The examples are numerous.Please add any more recycled contestants if you remember.πŸ˜ƒ

The auditions now seem a big farce. waste of air space.They have already decided on at least half the number of contestants. some are definitely fresh faces. maybe.😊

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

tulipbaby53 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
I agree. If they have already participated in other shows, they should not be allowed to participate in any other reality show. It's really unfair to all the new talent out there that does not get noticed. I don't mind if they audition on other shows if they have not been selected on any platform yet. Like for example, Renu auditioned for Indian Idol, got rejected, then auditioned for SRGMP, and got selected. That is okay according me because she did not participate in Indian Idol. I don't mind even a contestant has auditioned previously for SRGMP, and they audition again because  they were not selected. That is okay, and it is fair according to me because they did not participate in the competition. 

These shows are supposed to showcase new and fresh talent to the audience, and if they keep repeating the same people, then what happens to the new talent? I feel this can discourage new talent from trying out. 

I also don't like it when they already have singing experience. Like Shreeram already was singing in South Indian movies before Indian Idol. That is not fair to the other contestants who have had no opportunities yet. Also, he is not then fresh, new talent because some the audience already knows and connects with him.

I don't mind band members coming and audition because they are still new faces. Unless if they have sang in a movie or participated in another reality show, majority of the audience is unfamiliar with them.
music-a-muse thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
The showmakers have become lazyπŸ˜†

It does seem easier to recycle contestants like the do for the songs. 

less effort to teach, train new singers, new songs etc etcπŸ˜†

tulipbaby53 thumbnail
Plus, they already have some audience appeal, so their fans will tune in and watch the show. I'm guessing that helps too.
DiamondLife thumbnail
i am completely against this recycling πŸ‘ŽπŸΌ

new talent needs to get chance..

Jasraj..was already hit in audition when SM said i know him ...

viswajeet esp..after winning the marathi title...why why...

Dabulls23 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Aneek and Vaishali who had won regional SRGMP and they were brought in to regular season and ended up winning...Aneek was a w/c entry I think..

Recycling has been happening for the longest time...I dont like it but what to do..
tulipbaby53 thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: DiamondLife

i am completely against this recycling πŸ‘ŽπŸΌ

new talent needs to get chance..

Jasraj..was already hit in audition when SM said i know him ...

viswajeet esp..after winning the marathi title...why why...

@ Bold: I don't think SM meant that he knew him personally. I think he meant "I know him" in the sense that he recognized him from another reality show. SM later said he came on another show with his band.
Edited by tulipbaby53 - 11 years ago