A step in the shoes of Rishi- dont blame b4 u know

ShivuNozzie thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 11 years ago
This is not a justification or an excuse. This is the character's actual pov, which only some people see&consider. He is judged&mocked mercilessly, w/o anyone ever stepping into his shoes,&understanding him.

It is so easy to pass remarks. So easy to ignore things the show has made clear about the character,&point out flaws & exaggerate& even fib about him.

I'm not undermining any other character here, I'm not bashing any character here. I am just stating rishis pov, that us viewers have received from the creatives.

We all know rishi loved indira. He only married Swetha bc of Indira's insistence/ promise.

Rishi NEVER forced shwetha to marry him, made it clear to her since day 1 that he cannot love anyone like indira, that he can't move on. Before shwetha became a surrogate mother, he never used her, he never hid any truth from her. On the contrary, he made it crystal clear that she can't expect any false promises or true love from him for this. He was honest, he didnt lie or make any false promises to her.
His love for indira is the soulmate, once in a lifetime forever kind love! He made it clear always that no one can take his indira's place in his heart, & Swetha could always decide if she wanted to stay at sn or not. Swetha loved rishi, doesn't mean that he has to love her back. What type of an unreasonable & crazy expectation is that?! If someone loves you, that means you have to love them back! Just because their your friend, & they married you despite knowing that you don't love them back. Just bc they were the surrogate parent to your child, despite hearing the whole truth from you, and knowing as an adult & doctor, what they were doing. So while this friend may be considered so saintly, for doing so much for their friend who they love. That does not mean we can completely ignore Rishi's pov&say he's so irresponsible or careless or whatever else malicious things that have been said. Just because he couldnt make himself love shwetha in that way, that makes him selfish lol?! That makes him irresponsible, LOL, wow. He's not human, he has to conform to whatever anyone else wants, he has no feelings of his own. Just bc his wife is dead, that means he has to bam get over it & if yrs later he can't, he truly can't love shwetha, that gives the audience the right to bash him. Wow he's bashed for being human, for having emotions. And shwetha is put on a pedestal for sticking to her self inflicted & seld chosen miserable life, she is considered great for not accepting reality, for not leaving a path of unhappiness, & for most of all refusing to accept the truth since day one- that Rishi does not love her & can't feel for her in the sams way! After his wife's death, it's normal to be attached extremely to the child or being detached on the surface. This is a complete normal psychological reaction. Yet even then so much rishi bashing, when the Cv's actually showed something true & normal.
some say he's selfish for not loving shwetha back that she sacrificed so much for him. Yes she did, but did rishi force her ever?! Did he threat or hold her at gunpoint and make her give up her life & stay at sn. Did he make her do anything. The answer is No! Actually quite opposite. He told her the truth, and she knew what she was getting into since the first step. She knew rishi never loved her, she knew he told her that she's just. Friend, he doesn't feel for her like that. She's an adult who was in her senses, when she got into all this.
Rishi doesn't owe her or anyone, anything! Swetha is the one losing her self respect by staying in sn. Love is not about staying with Someone who you know doesn't love you, about showing off a relationship that your aware is not a real relationship. So no rishi is not horrible at all for not loving shwetha while being married to her. Not at all. Shwetha is the one who loves him, this she should understand&it's high time she gets that, rishi doesn't love her, and she's not in a real relationship. She is losing her self respect & causing more self harm by staying in a one sided marriage. She should realize that she deserves someone who will love her, and she should leave sn & Atleast fix her sacrificing & self inflicted misery now, she still can turn her life around by leaving.
Calling rishi names for not loving shwetha is just so low. Its really something- that ppl think he's obligated to love her just bc he married her. it was a circumstantial marriage,& shwetha was fully aware of it. She was not cheated! She's unhappy bc rishi doesn't love her, that's normal. But it's been yrs, It's high time she gets that she needs to move on. Shwetha staying in a life of self inflicted misery, is nothing admirable or something to be glorified. She is solely responsible for her unhappy life, she brought it upon herself, & she also refuses to leave when she can!

NOTE- I'm not bashing any character. Please do not bash anyone in your comments, use a character's proper name & make sure you do not break if rules/forum rules here.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SilverBell thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Simran My Dear Love You For Writing This Post. Everything Word You Said Is 100% True.

Swetha Needs To Move On. Cause Rishi Only Loves Indira.

Note: Iam Not Bashing. Just Stating My Option.
PeraltaGarranty thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
sim im giving my points to everything you said hats off brilliant post

We all know rishi loved indira. He only married Swetha bc of Indira's insistence/ promise
exactly people need to remember why he got married to fulfill INDIRAS desires he had no intention of a happily married life with shwetha as shwetha subconsciously had which was clearly stated preleap

His love for indira is the soulmate, once in a lifetime forever kind love! He made it clear always that no one can take his indira's place in his heart, & Swetha could always decide if she wanted to stay at sn or not. Swetha loved rishi, doesn't mean that he has to love her back. What type of an unreasonable & crazy expectation is that?! If someone loves you, that means you have to love them back! Just because their your friend, & they married you despite knowing that you don't love them back. Just bc they were the surrogate parent to your child, despite hearing the whole truth from you, and knowing as an adult & doctor, what they were doing. So while this friend may be considered so saintly, for doing so much for their friend who they love. That does not mean we can completely ignore Rishi's pov&say he's so irresponsible or careless or whatever else malicious things that have been said. Just because he couldnt make himself love shwetha in that way, that makes him selfish lol?! That makes him irresponsible, LOL, wow. He's not human, he has to conform to whatever anyone else wants, he has no feelings of his own. Just bc his wife is dead, that means he has to bam get over it & if yrs later he can't, he truly can't love shwetha, that gives the audience the right to bash him. Wow he's bashed for being human, for having emotions. And shwetha is put on a pedestal for sticking to her self inflicted & seld chosen miserable life, she is considered great for not accepting reality, for not leaving a path of unhappiness, & for most of all refusing to accept the truth since day one- that Rishi does not love her & can't feel for her in the sams way! After his wife's death, it's normal to be attached extremely to the child or being detached on the surface. This is a complete normal psychological reaction. Yet even then so much rishi bashing, when the Cv's actually showed something true & normal.that is the whole point rishi gets bashed like this for sticking to his former love what kind of crap is going on here and her crying all the time in front of indu it makes matters worse always emotionally blackmailing rishi taking false promises that is right oh please if they was such a person in our lives im sure everybody would have maintained a mile of a distance from them because such people are self destructive and rishi cleared it on the bomb she is NOT his wife he did everything for others once he thinks about himself he is bashed mercilessly

its sad to see people supporting such tragic characters because in real life these people who stick to a relationship why they force on others are just frowned on because its wrong

her life is ruined she sucked the life out of rishi in the past 8 years a drift in the father daughter bond when rishi finally has found someone because of which the pain he was ging through has become less this forced relationship which is in only for his daughters sake (im sure he would have divorced her long time back) are acting like shackles and making him more depressed than ever before

i dunn what else to say

exept ila has made a mess!! its terrible and no ending will be satisfactory i hope shes happy with the sick pleasure she gets but seeing rishi and zara suffer all the timeEdited by ...Mels... - 11 years ago
synic thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Very good post and awesome way of putting down Rishi POV. He has never loved any1 except one person in his life and will never love or accept any1 in her place come what may. This he has made it clear from the very begining  to shweta when Indira forced him to get married to her. I really feel shweta should understand this by now and not expect anything from him. This is what i feel. Edited by synic - 11 years ago
EtherealRati thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
See dear , rishi isn't a katputli or something that he dint know how he got married . In yesterday's episode he himself said ki shaadi death ke baad hui when the world asked . So he could have refused . He married her for his child . Shweta just tried to support him . I don't say he should love him , but expecting that love isn't shweta's mistake . She is married to the love of her life . I don;t ask rishi to be with shweta forever , what i can't see is , rishi completely ignoring her sacrifices . He din't thought for a moment that if indira is back , what will happen to shweta . Not even after the letter he read by shweta . Yesterday , the way she hugged him . Just no response was there , he was just concentrating on zara while even zara seeing her got the guilt . Move on after 8 years leaving the child , the family you have been is not that easy task . Rishi can easily treat her as a friend , there is no reason for which rishi ill treats her . He can be a little nicer towards her . Like once he was shown thinking about her at night , after than gun incident . i want those emotions there and i don't feel if i am asking for a gratitude feeling , than i am asking much .
Edited by Surbhi123 - 11 years ago
-Clara- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Sim ausum post, very well said 👍🏼
Completely agree to wat u hav stated!!!
Well Rishi evn before d leap he made it very clear to Swetha not to expect anyting from him Coz he loves nly n nly his shreemathi!!! N I tink he is keeping up to his words nothing has shaken him n his love for his shreemathi remains d same evn after so mny years!!! Swetha choose misery for herself , she choose to giv birth to Indu she was not asked nor any one forced her , she knew she could never get rk's love yet she choose to stay has his wife!
I totally feel RK is right no where do I feel he is evn slightly wrong!
Coming to wats happening after d leap RK is nly listening to his heart, he strongly believes dat zara is Indra nly evn though d reports hav proved to b negative...Dey say alwaz listen to ones heart has heart will alwaz make one move in d right path n dat is wat RK is doing...till now all dese 8 years he had been listening to everyone n doing as such n now he choose to do has his heart says n dere is nothing wrong!!!
Love is an unseen bond which is very strong , unseen yet d strongest n I don't tink any blood report could cum in d way of such a strong bond!!!
Once again loved ur post 👍🏼
-SUMITaholic- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
awesome post simran !!!👍🏼

I feel so sad when ppl baselessly bash Rishi and always support bad characters...😔

people are unable to see Rishi's pain that he is going through since past 8 years. 😭 and when he comes to his senses and start thinking for himself, he is being tagged as selfish. is he not a human being ???😭 doesn't he has feelings ??

its sad to see he is being bashed for being a human being !!!😔

TBDRESS thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Surbhi123

See dear , rishi isn't a katputli or something that he dint know how he got married . In yesterday's episode he himself said ki shaadi death ke baad hui when the world asked . So he could have refused . He married her for his child . Shweta just tried to support him . I don't say he should love him , but expecting that love isn't shweta's mistake . She is married to the love of her life . I don;t ask rishi to be with shweta forever , what i can't see is , rishi completely ignoring her sacrifices . He din't thought for a moment that if indira is back , what will happen to shweta . Not even after the letter he read by shweta . Yesterday , the way she hugged him . Just no response was there , he was just concentrating on zara while even zara seeing her got the guilt . Move on after 8 years leaving the child , the family you have been is not that easy task . Rishi can easily treat her as a friend , there is no reason for which rishi ill treats her . He can be a little nicer towards her . Like once he was shown thinking about her at night , after than gun incident . i want those emotions there and i don't feel if i am asking for a gratitude feeling , than i am asking much .

Its not possible to have a platonic relationship when one person in the relationship clearly wants more.  If Rishi were firendly, Shweta would probably infer all the wrong things.  Another hindrance to them having a friendly relationship is Shweta's constant efforts to "erase" or "hide" Indira's memories.  If Indira's memories were acknowledged and celebrated by all in the family, the relationship between Rishi and Shweta would have been much better as Rishi would not be so insecure about losing out on Indira's memories.  It is such an insult to Indira that her daughter does not even know about her biological mother and I blame both Rishi and Shweta for this.
another thing totally uncalled for in the past 2 days

while everyone is busy blaming rishi abandoning his "family" to save zara
its amazed me indus reaction to see zara alive that is NOT how you potray a child!
the rest of the family didnt care

what is this i mean had he let her die would he have been spared here boy oh boy no! people just need reasons fuel in the fire thats all

and please lets not forget like the entire sharma nivas who was the reson for this bomb to be activated anyway

and as for rishis ungratefulness he has acknowledged it many a times he just wont show it ever
lest we forget what happened when shwetha tried to force and sr after rishi green signaled the fact that he has to mend relations with her
walden i agree in that rishi also is somewhat at fault he should not have promised not to mention about indira

there i do agree

somewhere rishi is at fault for the situation too but not the exagerated way some people say