Jeannie aur Juju

~*Jeannie Aur Juju Article Archives-NO COMMENTS*~

swethasyam08 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 11 years ago

Welcome to Jeannie Aur Juju Article Archives!!

Here u will find all the articles related to the show n cast.

Please refrain from posting any Comments.

Thank u

Regards

Swetha & Tanya (ST)😉
Edited by swethasyam08 - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

.Tanya. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

'If Gopi was East, Jeannie is West'- Giaa Manek

'If Gopi was East, Jeannie is West'- Giaa Manek

Giaa Manek plays an adorable genie on SAB TV's Jeannie Aur Juju

Giaa Manek looked like a fairy without wings in her exotic attire of the genie in Jeannie Aur Jujuon SAB TV. The sprightly character she plays as Jeannie is a polar opposite of the demure saree clad Gopi Bahu we were used to seeing her as. Giaa confesses, "If Gopi was East, Jeannie is West. I didn't want to get typecast with playing a bahu."

Did Giaa ever dream of playing Jeannie? No, not even in her wildest dreams. The actress says, "When I was a child I watched the American sitcom I Dream of Jeannie while I used to have milk. However I could never have imagined that I would later get an offer to get to play the same genie.  So I jumped at the opportunity of playing the genie on this sweet show."

Giaa is having great fun playing Jeannie on the show as she feels that the character is quite like her. She explains, "Jeannie is somebody who is very sweet, naughty and a complete brat. The only difference between Giaa and Jeannie is that Giaa doesn't have the magical powers that Jeannie possesses."

According to Giaa this show is a lovely escape from the mundane realities of life. She points out, "We after all lead a very hectic life full of strife and fights. After returning home from a hard day's work you wish to watch a feel good escapist show."

Giaa says that she won't say no to any roles, even that of a vamp provided the roles are interesting. She says, "I won't decline any role. After all none of the roles is my real life character. It is an actor's  job to slip into various roles." 

Reporter and Author: Pallavi Bhattacharya

https://www.india-forums.com/tellybuzz/wassup/13220-if-gopi-was-east-jeannie-is-west-giaa-manek.htm

.Tanya. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

'People should hate the character and not Ali Asgar'- Ali Asgar

'People should hate the character and not Ali Asgar'- Ali Asgar

Ali Asgar speaks on his upcoming show Jeannie Aur Juju

Veteran actor Ali Asgar who is playing Captain Vikram in Jeannie and Juju is confident that the Indianized version of this American concept will work out as he feels that this has universal appeal. He explains, "After all, everyone loves a fantasy tale."

He is full of praise for his co-star Giaa Manek. He says, "Giaa has been the cutest co-star that I have ever had. She comes with no baggage, attitude or vanity- she comes with her pure innocence, talent, zest and chirpiness instead. She has the perfect comic timing. For a change I have an actress almost as tall as me, so we can be in the same frame." 

Ali, who is extremely popular for his roles in comedy and serious drama, is looking forward to doing a negative role. He explains, "It shouldn't be like a gang war type character but like Mother India's Sukhilal. I want to do a character so that people should hate the character and not Ali Asgar. People would for instance hate Pransab the character so much they never named any child as Pran."

However as of now watch Ali Asgar as the lovable Captain Vikram Khanna who is besotted with Jeannie in Jeannie Aur Juju. The show launches on SAB TV on November 5th at 9:30pm.  Do watch this space for more interesting updates on the show.

Reporter and Author: Pallavi Bhattacharya

swethasyam08 thumbnail
TOI: Ali Asgar to star opposite Giaa
TNN | Sep 10, 2012, 12.00AM IST

Sab TV's new show, Jeannie aur Juju.

The show, as reported earlier by us, is an adaption of I dream of Jeannie, the popular American fantasy sitcom of the 90s starring Barbara Eden and Larry Hagman. Ali's character is of a successful pilot Vicky in a private company. He is smart and sensitive.

The female lead in the show is Giaa Manek, who portrays the impish yet adorable genie who instantly falls for her master, Vicky. The story revolves around Giaa's antics in the show that get Vicky into trouble. At the end of each episode, Jeannie's magic tricks save the day and Vicky too.

Catch Giaa and Ali in Jeannie Aur Juju as the show launches soon on SAB TV

swethasyam08 thumbnail
TOI: Jeannie Aur Juju ropes in seasoned actors
Tejashree Bhopatkar, TNN | Sep 6, 2012, 04.21PM IST

Giaa Maanek along with Ali Asgar. While, certain section of Media has already reported about Ashiesh Roy joining the cast.

The latest we hear is that the sitcom based on the popular American show 'I dream Of Jeannie' will also have seasoned names like Shoma Anand and Munni Jha essaying prominent roles.

If sources are to be believed then the entire cast is done with the photo shoot and will soon head for filming the first episode, followed by the promo shoot.

When contacted, Shoma Anand, who will return to SAB TV after 'Gilli Gilli Gappa', said, "Yes, I will essay Vicky's (Ali Asgar) mother and will be paired opposite Munni Jha."

"It's an honor to work with famous director Rajiv Mehra, who has directed legendary projects like 'Chamatkar', 'Chala Musaddi Office Office' and many more," Shoma shares further.

The show is expected to go on air by end of September 2012.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tv/Jeannie-Aur-Juju-ropes-in-seasoned-actors/articleshow/16281268.cms
swethasyam08 thumbnail
TOI: Kurush Deboo is set to return to the small screen
TNN | Oct 9, 2012, 12.00AM IST

Munnabhai MBBS fame, is set to return to the small screen with light-hearted comedy, Jeannie Aur Juju.

The actor will play an eccentric, genius psychiatrist, Doctor Cyrus, who has a knack to analyse every situation and an inquisitive mind. And he wants to prove that there is a Jeannie in Vicky's (Asgar Ali) life. Kurush says, "My character has various layers and children would like it. I am playing the role of an eccentric psychiatrist, a genre I've never delved into before. I have been given complete liberty to work on the presentation of my character." The show, which has actress Giaa Manek as its protagonist, is launching soon on SAB TV.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tv/Kurush-Deboo-is-set-to-return-to-the-small-screen/articleshow/16723441.cms

swethasyam08 thumbnail
TOI: Giaa leaves Ali stranded
TNN | Oct 20, 2012, 12.00AM IST

Jeannie Aur Juju, is a prankster in real life too.

Her co-star Ali Asgar, who plays Juju, realised this during their shoot on a deserted beach in Goa. After convincing all the crew members, Giaa along with them just vanished from the scene as soon as the last shot was over, leaving Ali alone and stranded on the beach.

To top it all, Ali wasn't even carrying his cell phone due to an underwater shoot. Hence, he couldn't contact anyone for almost half an hour. When finally he started panicking, Giaa decided to call off the prank and everyone came out from their hiding.

"Ali is very simple and sporty. He didn't even realise that I was playing a prank on him. Though he said he would return the favour by playing a prank on me when he gets a chance, I know he won't do it,"says Giaa. To this Ali adds, "It was a well-planned gimmick. I panicked because I was not carrying money and my mobile. I had no way of contacting anyone. I could not believe that Giaa would play such a prank on me."

Jeannie aur Juju will launch soon.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tv/Giaa-leaves-Ali-stranded/articleshow/16877836.cms

swethasyam08 thumbnail
TOI: Navina Bole joins SAB TV's Jeanie Aur Juju
Tejashree Bhopatkar, TNN | Oct 26, 2012, 04.20PM IST

Navina Bole joins SAB TV's Jeanie Aur Juju
Navina Bole

The beautiful and vivacious actress Navina Bole, last seen in Kya Hua Tera Vaada on Sony Entertainment Television is all set to return with a full fledged role in SAB TV's upcoming show Jeanie Aur Juju.

The sitcom has audience's favourite Gia Maneek aka Gopi Bahu essaying Jeanie while Ali Asgar in the character of Vicky. However, according to the latest updates, Navina Bole will be joining the major cast of the show.

Talking on Navina's character a source reveals, Navina will essay Priya, Vicky's girl friend. Vicky being a pilot works in an airlines owned by Priya's father. The story will basically revolve around Jeanie, Vicky and Priya.

When contacted, Navina stated, "I don't know how much I should reveal but all I can say is I am doing Priya's character, who is Vicky's friend in the show."

We wish Navina Bole for this project.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tv/Navina-Bole-joins-SAB-TVs-Jeanie-Aur-Juju/articleshow/16966263.cms

swethasyam08 thumbnail
TOI:Jeanie didn't happen due to Jhalak: Giaa Manek
Tejashree Bhopatkar, TNN | Oct 30, 2012, 12.36PM IST

Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa and what happened next is known by the audiences. The actress was not supported by the channel, leading for her replacement.

However, after the huge hullabaloo, Giaa has once again set to make a comeback with fiction but this time a magical fiction as Giaa will be seen as Jeanie. Talking to TOI.com, Giaa shares, "Jeanie Aur Juju didn't happen to me due to participating in Jhalak Dikhla Jaa, instead it was my episode of Movers and Shekhars which gave me this show."

"Fortunately, the episode of Movers and Shekars in which I was invited as the guest, was seen by SAB TV's head and that's how Jeanie Aur Juju came to me," she adds.

When asked about learning from Jhalak, she promptly says, "Jhalak has taught me different styles of dancing, grooming and I must not forget it has given me a best friend, Nishant."

Giaa Manek signs off by stating, "I will never forget Saathiya at any moment as it has given me the tag of Gopi Bahu and all the fame."

Hope Giaa gets success in spreading Jeanie's magic with SAB TV's Jeanie Aur Juju.

swethasyam08 thumbnail
TOI: Jeannie Aur Juju: Gia, Ali talk about new comedy show
Seema Sinha, TNN | Nov 5, 2012, 12.00AM IST

Jeannie Aur Juju — adopted from popular US fantasy sitcom I Dream Of Jeannie. And for actor Ali Asgar, working on the show is a much-needed relief from what he had done in the past.

Says Ali, "There is no buffoonery in the show... we emote naturally. My character is torn between his girlfriend and a genie." When asked about his 'one' wish which he would like a genie to fulfill, the actor says, "I would want the genie to stay with me forever."

Gia Manek, who plays Jeannie, says she's enjoying the role to the hilt. "I am pretty much a brat like Jeannie. Also, no amount of tears or glycerine are required to play the part," she adds.

Anooj Kapoor, EVP and business head, SAB TV, says, "The concept will appeal to all ages. Kids would love the magic and mischief while the adults can relish the emotional layers and humour."

Welcome this new flavour of comedy on SAB TV every Monday to Friday at 9.30 pm.

Check out TV Star Homepages

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tv/Jeannie-Aur-Juju-Gia-Ali-talk-about-new-comedy-show/articleshow/17086254.cms