Frequent Posters

swethasyam08 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 11 years ago
TOI: A gala event on Republic Day
TNN | Jan 26, 2013, 12.00 AM IST

A gala event on Republic Day
A performance on Hum SAB Saath Hain

To celebrate the 64th Republic Day, SAB TV is hosting a gala event titled Hum SAB Saath Hain that brings together all the artistes of the channel, along with other popular TV actors. This show has been produced by Vipul Shah. Anooj Kapoor, EVP and business head, says, "To celebrate the occasion of Republic day, all actors of the channel showcase their fun-filled acts on the show."

There'll be a number of performances. Sudesh Lahiri and Atul Parchure will present the opening act, Aam Aadmi, a hilarious depiction of the common man. The leading ladies of the channel's popular shows like Shama Sikender, Giaa Manek, Karishma Tanna, Aditi Sajwan, Navina Bole, Melissa Pais and Debina Bonnerjee will perform an act titled Kashmir Se Kanyakumari Tak - a blend of folk and filmi songs. Paresh Nath and Ali Asgar will present a comedy act, Akbar & Ticket Collector. Child actors too will pay tribute to forgotten heroes with their act, Kids As Freedom Fighters Of India. Abhishek Awasthi, Eijaz Khan and Karan Wahi will join the celebrations with their Defence Act, showcasing the Army, Airforce and the Navy. Up next will be a light-hearted performance by Ashiesh Roy, Gopi Bhalla and Anup Upadhay, named Parliament Mein Budget. Lastly, India's first Indian Idol, Abhijeet Sawant, will croon patriotic songs.
Hum SAB Saath Hain airs tonight at 10 on SAB TV.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tv/A-gala-event-on-Republic-Day/articleshow/18182490.cms
swethasyam08 thumbnail

TB: SAB TV celebrates 64th Republic Day with 'Hum SAB Saath Hain'

Thursday, January 24, 2013 | 4:43:10 PM IST (+05:30 GMT) 

SAB TV celebrates 64th Republic Day with 'Hum SAB Saath Hain'

'Hum SAB Saath Hain' will showcase breath-taking performances- dance acts, fun filled comedy acts and extremely patriotic musical performances on the Republic Day.

SAB TV celebrates the patriotic fervor to bring to you, 'Hum SAB Saath Hain' - a unique event to celebrate the true democratic spirit of the Indians.

SAB TV will honour the most important day in history of India through a colourful array of cultural programs. Sudesh Lahiri and Atul Parchure will present the opening act of 'Hum SAB Saath Hai' with their comical act 'Aam Aadmi'- a hilarious depiction of a common man in today's world.

The female leads of SAB TV shows - Shama Sikender, Jia Manek, Karishma Tanna, Aditi Sajwan, Navina, Mellisa and Debina will dance to the next act 'Unity in Diversity' - a blend of folk with popular filmy dance numbers that will signify the spirit of every Indian State.

The dance act will be followed by a comedy act 'Akbar & Ticket Collector' which will be  presented by the extremely talented Paresh Nath and Ali Asgar . Super kids of SAB TV Dev Joshi, Meher, Gillu and Rudra will open the third act of 'Hum SAB Saath Hai' with their performance 'Kids as Freedom Fighters of India'.

Most popular son-in laws of TV Abhishek Awasthi, Eijaz Khan and Karan Wahi will join the Republic Day celebrations with their 'Defense Act' that brings back the feeling of patriotism.

The Defense act will be followed by a light hearted 'Parliament Mein Budget' act that will have Ashish Roy, Gopi Bhalla and Anup Upadhay make you laugh with their rib tickling antics.

This program will be culminated by India's first Indian Idol - Abhijeet Sawant, who will serenade the audiences as he croons one patriotic song after another setting the perfect end to a magical evening.

Tune into SAB TV and catch this entertaining and fun filled extravaganza on 'Hum SAB Saath Hain' on Republic Day.

http://www.india-forums.com/tellybuzz/buzzin-hot/13818-sab-tv-celebrates-64th-republic-day-with-hum-sab-saath-hain.htm

swethasyam08 thumbnail
TOI: Karan Godwani's cameo in JAJ
TNN | Feb 4, 2013, 12.00 AM IST

Karan Godwani's cameo in Jeannie Aur Juju
Karan Godwani

Known for his role in 'Jugani Chali Jalandhar',Karan Godwani is now all set to play a cameo in 'Jeannie Aur Juju'.

In the show, Karan plays a mischievous character, Jin Johny, who has been thrown out of genie land and takes shelter on earth. With Jin's entry into the show, everything starts to go topsy-turvy. Adding more drama to the chaos, Jin falls in love with Priya and starts to woo her by giving her expensive gifts which really upsetsVicky ( Ali Asgar). Vicky complains to Jeannieand asks her to send Jin out of the house immediately.

Jeannie, on the other hand, is on cloud nine as Jin is in the house and doesn't make any effort to send him back. Says Karan, "I'm very excited to play the character of Jin as this is something that I haven't done before. I hope my fans appreciate my performance in the new role. I look forward to their response, love and support."

Jeannie Aur Juju airs Monday to Friday, 9.30pm on SAB TV.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tv/Karan-Godwanis-cameo-in-Jeannie-Aur-Juju/articleshow/18317607.cms
swethasyam08 thumbnail

TB: Stop playing woman, son told Ali Asgar

Sunday, February 03, 2013 | 4:00:02 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)    1 Comments

Mumbai, Feb 3 (IANS) "Jeannie Aur Juju" came as a respite for Ali Asgar, who had enough of playing woman on the small screen. Not only that, donning the garb of a woman spelled trouble for his school going son too.

Mumbai, Feb 3 (IANS) "Jeannie Aur Juju" came as a respite for Ali Asgar, who had enough of playing woman on the small screen. Not only that, donning the garb of a woman spelled trouble for his school going son too.

Best remembered for playing Kamal in "Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii", he was often seen playing a woman in "Comedy Circus".

"It became very monotonous for me to play a girl again and again. I did it in two or three places, and it was very scary to think that the audience may also find it monotonous," he told IANS.

"My son used to be teased in school over me dressing up like a girl and he asked me to stop playing such roles," he added.

The actor is currently seen in SAB TV's show "Jeannie Aur Juju" and said: "The show came as a breather for me. There is no vulgarity or double meaning dialogues in the show like it was in 'Comedy Circus'. 'Comedy Circus' was a competition, therefore, we were often forced to bring in those elements."

The fact that "Jeannie Aur Juju" is an Indian adaptation of popular international show "I Dream Of Jeannie" attracted Ali towards it.

"'I Dream of Jeannie' is something that both classes and masses have watched before. This gave the show connectivity and acceptance," he said.

"Also, the makers of the original show are very happy with our adaptation," he added.

Talking about TRP ratings, the actor said: "I would not want these ratings to affect me, but these are the numbers which show how successful the show is."

Ali moved to reality shows after finding fiction-based series creatively dissatisfying.

"I was not getting good characters to do in TV soaps. All the characters seemed like extensions of my role of Kamal from 'Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii'. I was not getting creative satisfaction," he said.

Having said that, he admits being content with his career.

"I am happy with my career and I feel that god has been very kind to me. I have been working continuously on TV for 27-28 years. If I didn't get good fiction roles, I did reality shows. I was always creatively occupied and didn't have the time to sit and sulk," he said.

Talking about the advancement in the television industry, Ali said that unfortunately the progress is only in the technical department, not in the content side.

"We still have the same content but technically we have advanced a lot. I don't know why content is not changing... or whether it is because of the audiences' demand or the choice of products we are giving them," he said.

http://www.india-forums.com/tellybuzz/buzzin-hot/13875-stop-playing-woman-son-told-ali-asgar.htm
swethasyam08 thumbnail

TB: Karan Goddwani is back with Jeannie Aur Juju

Monday, February 04, 2013 | 2:02:52 PM IST (+05:30 GMT) 

Karan Goddwani back as Gennie in Sab TV...

Karan Goddwani last seen in Star Plus "Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon" as much loved NK is soon to be seen in Sab TV's Jeannie Aur Juju.

Karan is entering the show as Jhonny a Gennie, who is mischievous, talkative, naughty and flirty. Jhonny is wanted and is on the run as he is escaped from the Jeannie's (Giaa Manek) town.

Karan who made his debut with Sab TV's Jugni Chali Jhalandar is thrilled to be back on the channel.

When asked from Karan Goddwani he told that: "It feels awesome as always. I had started my career in the industry with Sab TV, so it feels like home, very comfortable. I hope the audience and my fans will like and accept me in this new role. So far everyone has liked me in my previous shows and I'm thankful to my fans. The whole team of Jeannie Aur Juju are very friendly and lovable and I am enjoying it.

Karan has already started shooting and will enter the show from Wednesday.

Reporter: Nadia Malik.

https://www.india-forums.com/tellybuzz/buzzin-hot/13878-karan-goddwani-is-back-with-jeannie-aur-juju.htm
swethasyam08 thumbnail
TOI: Giaa looking forward to a surprise birthday party
ByNeha Maheshwri, TNN | Feb 18, 2013, 04.25 PM IST

Giaa looking forward to a surprise birthday party
Giaa Manek

Giaa Manek, the adorable and mischievous Jeannie of Sab TV's Jeannie Aur Juju, is celebrating her birthday today.

And unlike her colleagues, who hardly get time off work, she is looking forward to a surprise party planned by her friends. We caught up with the actress to know more about her birthday plans. "I don't have any birthday plans. My friends are planning it for me. I am getting surprise after surprise. I love surprises. I trust my friends completely and am sure something exciting is in store for me," quips an excited Giaa.

Talking about her most memorable birthday till date, she said, "This birthday is extra special because I gifted myself a house." So, how did she manage to get an off?

Well, Giaa was supposed to work, but fortunately,there was some problem in the script and the shoot got canceled.

We wish Giaa a happy and fun-filled birthday.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tv/Giaa-looking-forward-to-a-surprise-birthday-party/articleshow/18557602.cms

Edited by swethasyam08 - 11 years ago
Minionite thumbnail
Juju to give romance lessons to Jeannie with a pinch of comedy

Juju to give romance lessons to Jeannie with a pinch of comedy

Ali Asgar and Gia Manek in conversation.

Ali wants to play kunwara baap
He has made the audience cry with his emotive portrayal of Kamal Agarwal as an ideal brother, then as a stand-up comedian he left his audience in splits and now Ali Asgar is back as 'Man in uniform' this time in his current show Jeannie Aur Juju where he will teach lessons of romance with a pinch of comedy.

Having been a part of one of the most prominent shows of the television industry, ask him about the reason behind its success, and Ali says, "Kahani Ghar Ghar Ki had changed the face of television and set a benchmark. It not only had brilliant actors, but the whole set up was too glossy and at par with that of movies. It was more realistic and not just a melodrama with unnecessary exaggeration. Today technologically we have become stronger, butgood content is lacking. The maximum TRP of soaps these days goes upto 5-6 whereas our TRP was 9 when the show ended. "

After having proved his mettle as an actor, he also took up stand-up comedy. "After Kahani... I got many offers but they were all similar to Kamal and I didn't want to repeat myself. Besides, doing reality shows always leaves you with more time to spend with the family," says Ali who yearns to do something like Anand (Rajesh Khanna) andKunwara Baap in future.

Gia has twinkle toes
After winning millions of hearts with her stirring performance as Gopi Bahu in the soap operaSaath Nibhana Saathiya, the chirpy Giaa Manek is all set to surprise her audience with a punch of comedy assorted with romance through her character of Jeannie in an ongoing show Jeannie Aur Juju.

"When I was only six, I told my parents that I am going to become an actor when I grow up. I used to sit and watch all the soaps with a pen in my hand to jot down the names of production houses. Today, it is overwhelming to receive such acceptance by the audience. It's all because of my parents' blessings, luck and certainly my hard work," says Gia, who also loves to dance, on the fame she has got in a short span of three years.

Ask her about the gamble that she has played by choosing romcom soap over the hit saas-bahu sagas and she says, "I believe life is meant to take risks. Moreover, I have been stereotyped as a bahu, so I wanted to get out of that skin and exhibit my versatility as an actor. Though I am still open to saas-bahu stuff if something exceptionally brilliant comes my way."