What amazingly heartbreaking tragedy

AreYaar thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
Superb episode today...I found Friday's epi a bit slow but today marks the beginning of the real story of the show I feel...

The writing was just FANTASTIC...everything from the beginning with Ratan taking care of baby Veera and Amrita bursting into tears on realizing that Ratan is pregnant and already has an eight year old son and this is the news that she's brought to her house.

The genius of the writing is in making you feel for EVERY character...this is an extreme RARITY on Indian TV today where everything exists in black and white in general.

Rare are the circumstances wherein we feel for EVERY character...from the shattered wife to the husband who cheated on her to the other woman who showed up with a baby on their doorstep...

Have to make a note of the direction as well...superbly done...the last few minutes especially make you want to cry at the contrast they draw out between a oblivious and happy Ranvijay just content in finally getting the sister he long desired and this is juxtaposed with a shattered Sampooran sitting next to Amrita's dead body after seeing a completely shattered Ratan as well...the contrast b/w those two pictures...on one end a relationship, a family utterly destroyed over this revelation and on the other end a child's blissful innocent happiness...You are simultaneously heartbroken for the three adults and so touched by the naive Ranvijay sitting there making cute faces at his sister.

Tomorrow's precap looks amazing too...Looking forward to more interesting high drama...they are setting up a very interesting basis for the general premise of the show...and if the base is powerfully set, it will give more pathos to the long term story as well...for there are no easy answers right now for any character...the situation is way too complex to explain to an innocent Ranvijay and his attachment to his sister...
Edited by AreYaar - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

misti73 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

For me it was a very heart wrenching and bittersweet episode today. Bitter relating to Ratan and her world coming crashing down on the day when her loved ones were celebrating the news of her getting pregnant again, a pregnancy that she has been wanting for a long time. The person whom she trusted the most has turned out to be something else. Bitter also from the POV of the girl who is the mother of Veera...from her reactions it does not seem that she knew that the Sarpanch was married. She looked shocked when Ratan told her that she has a son of 8 years. Honestly I am intrigued as to why the Sarpanch who apparently is thought to be an idealist and who does love his wife and son a lot, will take such a step? What made him falter? The actress playing Ratan (Sneha Wagah) has very expressive eyes..which can become soft...then swiftly change to shyness...can brim with mischief ...show complete trust and love...can show bemusement and can also throw daggers of anger...and the changes are pretty swift. 

The sweet part of the episode belongs to Ranvijay...him wanting to get a rakhi  because he has been told that his sister will be arriving..then seeing his friend and wanting to give that friend two bottle caps in exchange for the spare rakhi that the friend has and also telling him not to cheat 😆...then facing a very tough decision regarding giving all the bottle caps but his yearning for a rakhi is so much that he does give all his bottle caps 🤗...and then running home waving the rakhi..falling down and getting hurt but not caring about his hurt and caring more whether the rakhi has been damaged or not and continue running...seeing the baby and being bemused but happy...runing to the baby and when being told by his father that the baby is his sister..pure happiness on his face. He promptly tells the baby to tie him the rakhi and then realises that the baby has very small fingers and hence tells the baby that until she grows big enough to tie the rakhi on him he will tie it on her and he does it.     And in the midst of all this the Sarpanch who has been hit for a sixer...his guilt...he is scared that his wife will do something wrong...shocked to see his wife removing almost all the symbols of marriage...and at the end completely broken down...but he did not step back from accepting the baby as his. He could have...but he didn't. 

One can definitely feel all the main characters and the writers,  the director and the main actors have done a brilliant job is bringing their conflict to the audience. 
Manavi_kesari thumbnail
IPL 2023 Participants 3 Thumbnail Anniversary 12 Thumbnail + 4
nice post. writer beautifully written n director directed so well n each actor done their best n emoted so well n succeeded in connecting with viewers.
we can feel each character's pain n happiness.

it's has full potential of being on prime time wonder why they chose late hour slot.
utopia88 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Awesome post! All the actors portrayed their emotions so naturally.  😊
Justlikethat1 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Beautiful post.. and beautiful comments made.👏

This was my first episode watching Veera.To say that I loved it would be an understatement.. It was touching and at the same time heart wrenching..
When I finally understood the undercurrent of what was happening with the elders and the innocence of the child, I was touched and awed at the way this has been directed.
A happy day changing to shock and horror for the loving wife.. Her anguish at her husband and his betrayal on one side and then the final declaration of how she feels.. Was amazing..

On the other hand, one cannot but feel for that woman who had no choice but to leave her daughter to the man who fathered her. Her last minute plea.. Her  sob when she first realized that she has come inbetween a man and his wife..How can one but not feel sorry for her?

A husband, who seems to love his wife.. I do not doubt that even though this was my first episode. The anguish I saw in his wife's face mirrored in his when she declared taht her relationship with him is dead.. He is paying for his mistake with something that is more precious to him than anything else.

In the midst of all this, the  one thing that was most beautiful was the innocence of the child. His love for his unborn sister.. The barter system of teh children... His price for the Rakhi.. the last grasp and tthen letting the collection of bottle caps go. The happiness that the child showed was beautiful. In this world of betrayal, anguish, sorry comes the happiness as pure as the boy's innocence. He was amazing.. 
The smile as he plays with the baby while we are reminded of the tragedy that just happened ⭐️ Hats off to the director and the screenplay writer and the actors.. I am speechless at this mix of human emotions and the innocence..
I will be watching Veera for that .. I am touched❤️
AreYaar thumbnail
Originally posted by: misti73

Bitter also from the POV of the girl who is the mother of Veera...from her reactions it does not seem that she knew that the Sarpanch was married. She looked shocked when Ratan told her that she has a son of 8 years. Honestly I am intrigued as to why the Sarpanch who apparently is thought to be an idealist and who does love his wife and son a lot, will take such a step? What made him falter? Exactly...I'm most curious to know what the circumstances of this one-night stand were indeed since the Sarpanch does seem to be a very honorable man otherwise who has been completely faithful to his wife and loves her to death...and yes Amrita looked very shocked to learn that Sampooran was married and had an 8 year old son...this doesn't seem like any ordinary affair if it was that...

The actress playing Ratan (Sneha Wagah) has very expressive eyes..which can become soft...then swiftly change to shyness...can brim with mischief ...show complete trust and love...can show bemusement and can also throw daggers of anger...and the changes are pretty swift. She is a fantastic actress indeed...word to what you said about her expressive eyes...she's doing a fabulous job👏👏

The sweet part of the episode belongs to Ranvijay...him wanting to get a rakhi  because he has been told that his sister will be arriving..then seeing his friend and wanting to give that friend two bottle caps in exchange for the spare rakhi that the friend has and also telling him not to cheat 😆...then facing a very tough decision regarding giving all the bottle caps but his yearning for a rakhi is so much that he does give all his bottle caps 🤗...and then running home waving the rakhi..falling down and getting hurt but not caring about his hurt and caring more whether the rakhi has been damaged or not and continue running...seeing the baby and being bemused but happy...runing to the baby and when being told by his father that the baby is his sister..pure happiness on his face. He promptly tells the baby to tie him the rakhi and then realises that the baby has very small fingers and hence tells the baby that until she grows big enough to tie the rakhi on him he will tie it on her and he does it.     LOL yes, poor Ranvijay having to trade in his dearest bottlecaps in order to get a rakhi for his sister...so sweetly they showed that bit...it touches your heart even more so thanks to the brilliantly expressive acting of the child actor...the kid is a complete NATURAL.

And in the midst of all this the Sarpanch who has been hit for a sixer...his guilt...he is scared that his wife will do something wrong...shocked to see his wife removing almost all the symbols of marriage...and at the end completely broken down...but he did not step back from accepting the baby as his. He could have...but he didn't. And that is the brilliance of the writing...the way they've unfolded this entire turn of events...even in the middle of this heartbreaking revelation, you are so intrigued by the Sarpanch's behavior cuz there are no blacks and whites...the way he treated Amrita didn't have the signs of a man skulking around...he's regretful no doubt...but he doesn't seem to be one to shy away from responsibility...the way he treated both Amrita and Ratan in this scene was very well depicted...and that is why your heart goes out to all three characters and then sweet Ranvijay himself.

AreYaar thumbnail
@utopia and savz-uniqueblis: Thanks :-)   I think the timeslot at 10:30 is considered quite prime-time these days as well cuz there is pretty fierce competition from different shows in this slot.

I think Veera can make a mark though...the depiction of complex human emotions with a lot of poignancy and depth is what's setting this show apart for now I'd say.  They are setting up the pathos of the story very well.
AreYaar thumbnail
Originally posted by: Justlikethat1

Beautiful post.. and beautiful comments made.👏

This was my first episode watching Veera.To say that I loved it would be an understatement.. It was touching and at the same time heart wrenching..
When I finally understood the undercurrent of what was happening with the elders and the innocence of the child, I was touched and awed at the way this has been directed.
A happy day changing to shock and horror for the loving wife.. Her anguish at her husband and his betrayal on one side and then the final declaration of how she feels.. Was amazing..

On the other hand, one cannot but feel for that woman who had no choice but to leave her daughter to the man who fathered her. Her last minute plea.. Her  sob when she first realized that she has come inbetween a man and his wife..How can one but not feel sorry for her?

A husband, who seems to love his wife.. I do not doubt that even though this was my first episode. The anguish I saw in his wife's face mirrored in his when she declared taht her relationship with him is dead.. He is paying for his mistake with something that is more precious to him than anything else.

In the midst of all this, the  one thing that was most beautiful was the innocence of the child. His love for his unborn sister.. The barter system of teh children... His price for the Rakhi.. the last grasp and tthen letting the collection of bottle caps go. The happiness that the child showed was beautiful. In this world of betrayal, anguish, sorry comes the happiness as pure as the boy's innocence. He was amazing.. 
The smile as he plays with the baby while we are reminded of the tragedy that just happened ⭐️ Hats off to the director and the screenplay writer and the actors.. I am speechless at this mix of human emotions and the innocence..
I will be watching Veera for that .. I am touched❤️

Thanks! :-) It is indeed a very touching show and I hope to see it continuing like this only...the writing has a lot of nuance in it which is rare on TV these days.

It's hard to describe the last scene in words really...you are overwhelmed with emotions watching it for the brilliance with which they've depicted the tragedy and the innocent joy of a child.
seelaks thumbnail
Wonderful review AreYaar and misti ! 👏

It was so bitter to see Ratan's married life shattering at one end and on the other hand Amrita seems like she didnt know that Sarpanch was married😲. In fact, they showed a few flashbacks of she being dressed up as a happy bride. Sarpanch has ruined his image😡. He didnt follow whatever he said to Balli Singh. If am right, Sarpanch was also a kind of disturbed when Ratan was saying of Kartar's marriage being broken once on his marriage😕 day. Let Amrita not be that bride. If so then it will ruin his friendship with Kartar to a higher level .

But I have to say that he had guts to accept the baby as his once Amrita said and didnt back out 👏
SnowGirl18 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
couldnt have analysed better, amazing, esp after watching the epi!
The lady playing Ratan has done a fantastic job, wen she was beating the other lady to death, and the way she reacted wen sampoornam admitted the truth, the variety of emotions she displayed, were par excellence, it was out of the world, very powerful acting, script, my hope for indian dramas is getting better!! 
And the little veera needless to say, have more and more expectations from the kid!!