Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Adally thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 11 years ago

Deepawali or Diwali is certainly the biggest an the brightest festival of NOT ONLY FOR HINDU...IT IS FOR ALL...It's the festival of lights (deep = light and avali = a row i.e., a row of lights) that's marked by four days of celebration, which literally illumines the country with its brilliance, and dazzles all with its joy. Each of the four days in the festival of Diwali is separated by a different tradition, but what remains true and constant is the celebration of life, its enjoyment and goodness.,,,,,,,,

"Diwali", the festival of lights, illuminates the darkness of the New Year's moon, and strengthens our close friendships and knowledge, with a self-realization!,,,,,,,,

Every year on the dark nights of Diwali the sound of firecrackers announces the celebration of the
favorite festival of Indians. Homes are decorated, sweets are distributed by everyone and thousands of lamps are lit to create a world of fantasy. Of all the festivals celebrated in India, Diwali is by far the most glamorous and important. Enthusiastically enjoyed by people of every religion, its magical and radiant touch creates an atmosphere of joy and festivity.
Edited by liza81 - 11 years ago
Adally thumbnail

Adally thumbnail
On Dhanteras, the "Owl" form of Goddess Lakshmi is worshiped to provide prosperity and well being. Dhanteras holds special significance for the business community due to the customary purchases of precious metals on this day
Thestory about Dhanteras Festival says that, once, the sixteen year old son of King Hima was doomed to die of a snake-bite on the fourth day of his marriage as per his horoscope. So, on the fourth day of his marriage, his young wife did not allow him to sleep. She laid out gold ornaments and lots of silver coins in a big heap at the entrance of her husband's boudoir and lighted innumerable lamps all over the place. And she went on telling stories and singing songs. When Yama, the god of Death arrived there in the guise of a Serpent his ey
es were blinded by the dazzle of those brilliant lights and he could not enter the Prince's chamber. So he climbed on top of the heap of ornaments and coins and sat there the whole night listening to the melodious songs. In the morning he quietly went away. Thus the young wife saved her husband from the clutches of death. Since then this day of Dhanteras came to be known as the day of "Yamadeepdaan" and lamps are kept burning throughout the night in reverential adoration to Yama (Yamaraj), the god of Death.
According to another popular legend, when the Gods and demons churned the ocean for Amrita or nectar, Dhanvantari (the physician of the Gods and an incarnation of Vishnu) emerged carrying a jar of the elixir on the day of Dhanteras.

CREDIT-my nbtnmkk frnd❀️Edited by liza81 - 11 years ago
Adally thumbnail

Adally thumbnail
use less crackers & enjoy 

Adally thumbnail
now snacks timeπŸ˜› 

Adally thumbnail

Adally thumbnail

Adally thumbnail

i have tried to make this thread..😳

hope u all like it πŸ˜‰

sorry for delay πŸ˜­

if i have done some mistake in this thread then plz let me know..i shall correct.😳

Happy diwali everyone πŸ˜Š