-Alia- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
 * Discussion of the week!

Hey! 

Its my  turn to write
DOTW so here it is! 

I am sure most of the girls in this forum are girls.

So do you feel safe when you go out alone? I don't.  
Why is that 80% of girls in India feel insecure when it comes to going out alone? 

I am kind of bold, i feel scared when it comes to going out alone. Why is that? 

We say girls nowadays have freedom as much as boys have, but are we really getting out freedom? Freedom (here) means, to feel free. 

I am from Delhi, and people say Delhi girls are very bold and smart. ðŸ˜³ But even in a city like Delhi, parents are scared to send their daughters alone.

I was looking for some surveys and in that it shows that raping has been increased from the past 2 years. 

I have some younger girl-friends who are in 7th i asked them what do their parents say when they leave them home alone. 

Some said that they never leave them home alone and some answered saying that their parents ask them not to open the door unless its them. Even i remembered my parents saying that to me when i was young. 

Even when i live in a country like United Arab Emirates, i feel insecure. 

Why is it like this? What can we do to change it? do you agree with me? 

Share ur thoughts with me! 

Edited by -Alia- - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Alia- thumbnail
@ Kesha1234 had to make a projct on this topic! xD  Edited by -Alia- - 11 years ago
..Amina.. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Ohh even i live in uae...im in 12th and my parents still say not to open the door whem im alone and are not sure its them :p
..Amina.. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
But being in dubai im not scared to go out alone even though parents are scared to send out if you are alone!
-Stardust- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Ohhh ... Nice topic. But nope yaar. Both my parents work so m home alone most of the times and i have been living like this since 9th std. My parents leave me alone at home. Yes, they say not to open the safety door and first look through the peep hole to see who is it. But that is it.
I live in mumbai and u must have heard that mumbai is a safe place for women and it is. I have come home at around 12 or even at 1 am with my friends once during college fests and dandiya nights and nothing ever has happened to me.. I feel completely safe to go out alone :p
pluviophile. thumbnail
Even My mum says don't open the door to anyone and i think she says it because she cares and honestly i don't feel that much precarious going out, i'm not saying that i'm fearless or secure, you cannot do anything about it because no matter what you do, you always have that fear inside!
-Alia- thumbnail
This content was originally posted by-amiee125

But being in dubai im not scared to go out alone even though parents are scared to send out if you are alone!

Dubai, um, i from Sharjah and all the bengallis are there and are very weird. 
-Alia- thumbnail
This content was originally posted by-Missscarlett

Ohhh ... Nice topic. But nope yaar. Both my parents work so m home alone most of the times and i have been living like this since 9th std. My parents leave me alone at home. Yes, they say not to open the safety door and first look through the peep hole to see who is it. But that is it.
I live in mumbai and u must have heard that mumbai is a safe place for women and it is. I have come home at around 12 or even at 1 am with my friends once during college fests and dandiya nights and nothing ever has happened to me.. I feel completely safe to go out alone :p

I was doing a projct and this topic popped into my mind! ðŸ˜†

Mumbai, um half of the Mumbai is good and half is bad, I see in crime patrol that most of the cases are from Mumbai. 
-Alia- thumbnail
This content was originally posted by-..Babydoll..

Even My mum says don't open the door to anyone and i think she says it because she cares and honestly i don't feel that much precarious going out, i'm not saying that i'm fearless or secure, you cannot do anything about it because no matter what you do, you always have that fear inside!

Who do you blame for the insecurity girls have deep down in their brains? 
pluviophile. thumbnail
This content was originally posted by--Alia-

Who do you blame for the insecurity girls have deep down in their brains? 

Fear
Edited by ..Babydoll.. - 11 years ago