•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 11 years ago
So here's a quick post, in hopes that we'll get just a little active down here.

In 8x06 on being asked by Dean if he doesn't feel screwed at all, Garth says, 'not me, Man. I let all of that stuff go by help of my Yogi, my second genesis.' or something. And that makes me bow down to the guy's awesomeness in my head. And I am not even kidding here. 

The entire episode was lively what with Garth in it, trying to do something with the teachings Bobby had left him. I felt so much more involved in the episode due to 'balls' and 'idjit' ringing in my ears after so long. Not to forget, Dean had exceptional one-liners this time, even if in a straight-faced avatar. I really did like the episode. What let me down was that everything somehow unreasonably got Sam connected to Amelia. I won't jump on to conclusions, though.

ANYWAY. 

Point is, Garth didn't begin to feel he needs to avenge over someone when he picks up the coin. He doesn't feel like anybody owes him anything. He's not frustrated, doesn't feel betrayed and has nothing against anybody, anywhere for doing things to him, whatsoever. 

My question is, how many of us think we won't be affected under a similar paradigm? We're only human, and Yogi isn't our second genesis. So, we will get affected. Like Dean did. Because honestly it is near down impossible for human beings to not feel vindictive. And then things that characters like Garth have to say have this soothing effect on us. Personally I feel by means of Yogi or not, I'd like to pull off a Garth when I am older. πŸ‘πŸΌ

Your views? 

-Savage

Well said...
Even I lovd it wen he says '...I let go'

Dean needs to do dis veryy badly.. 
Originally posted by iluvvampires

Well said...
Even I lovd it wen he says '...I let go'

Dean needs to do dis veryy badly.. 

It is factual how every one of has a really hard time letting go, so do the Winchesters. πŸ˜Š
Garth is a rarity in the world of hunters ...They all came into this life because of something dear to them that they lost ...a sort of revenge that pushed them into this life to avenge the loss they faced ...they do hold grudges ...they do get angry ...thats what keeps them going ...but here we see Garth who let goes of every grudge ..disappointment and anger and buries it in the past ...he is so different ...so not made for this place ...and I love it ...I love that there is still someone different in the crowd ...someone who has the patience and calmness to control the raging anger of others ...

I never liked Garth in season 7 but he is turning to be one of my fav this season ...only cause I can finally see where is coming from and how different he is to others ...He truly deserves to carry forward bobby's work ...😳
Originally posted by ~*sindhu*~

Garth is a rarity in the world of hunters ...They all came into this life because of something dear to them that they lost ...a sort of revenge that pushed them into this life to avenge the loss they faced ...they do hold grudges ...they do get angry ...thats what keeps them going ...but here we see Garth who let goes of every grudge ..disappointment and anger and buries it in the past ...he is so different ...so not made for this place ...and I love it ...I love that there is still someone different in the crowd ...someone who has the patience and calmness to control the raging anger of others ...

I never liked Garth in season 7 but he is turning to be one of my fav this season ...only cause I can finally see where is coming from and how different he is to others ...He truly deserves to carry forward bobby's work ...😳

I like your avatar and signature so much, dude. πŸ˜³

Exactly! Garth doesn't belong to the lot of mainstream hunters. Yes, we could call em that. They all spit venom and are spiteful in appearance and half marshmallow kind of hearts, excepting Sam. I'd like to believe that people like Garth make masses like us who have no control over their feelings inspired. He's good to watch, and Bobby was nothing like Garth yet Bobby's legacy is carried further by him. That's one awesome thing. The boys are conflicted and too messed to do it, so who else but a mellow and warm Garth should do it who wants the welfare of people simply in general. He is neither forced nor damned to be a hunter, that's about him. 

reserve !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

making dinner fast um fast and then coming write back up to cook my essay🀣
*edited*

I think Garth is rarity not only in the world of hunters only, but humans too.
 n by god I dont even think for a second that I won't be effected like Garth, infact I am astonished at Dean to be feeling betrayals just against Sam.
but then everyone else is dead. to bechara kisi aur k against betrayed feel kare bhi to kaise 🀣🀣🀣
meri to is 21 saal ki choti si zindagi mein hi bade betrayels hain.
 I won't fight but sometimes even a small thing as not getting pencil in real time of need from a friend who had one is a betrayal I will remember forever. Lolz(n no nothing like this has happened till now, just pointing out the fact that no I am not clean)
Like everyone my life too is full of feeling betrayed on both small and bad things. some I can forget if I TRY... some I already have and rest wont be much good even if I tried!
so hatts off to Garth for being that human being who has his yogi.
I dont think the rest of us have!
If any one does, man they are so lucky !

Ps- awsome topic K.. n sorry for late reply !
Edited by -nautankidollz- - 11 years ago
All i can say about it is "Balls" πŸ˜‰
You made a post and I don't even know about it?! πŸ˜² Getting down to business, I totally agree to everything you said. Its natural for humans to feel vindictive but to be able to get over that is something commendable. Thanks to this episode, we got to know Garth better and I respect him for what he is. He was sorted, he was sane. He was everything Bobby would have been to Sam-Dean in the episode. So yeah, I'd love to pull off a Garth too. 

I haven't really gotten Sam-Amelia equation yet so not much to say there. And Dean's one-liners are always bang on. 
Garth has always been different. The brothers think he is soft, and they think that their rage helps them hunt better. But in this case, that rage was a disadvantage. Yes, Garth is emotional and caring, but I would be really happy if I can be like that on emotional level if I am a hunter. The things they do, the crap they have seen and went through, it is easy to lose your humanity in the process. The brothers have certainly got hard-hearted. And if Garth has still maintained his nature, then kudos to him. Letting everything go is not such an easy task and he is a very strong man for accomplishing that feat.

I can get upset over betrayal but it's more like sadness and disappointment in me, rather than seeking revenge. But, i have never got a big betrayal, so I can't say for sure. Although I try not to hold grudges, but I am not perfect.
Earlier, Dean had jokingly said that Garth 'grows on you' and I don't think there could've been a more fitting description for him.  He grew on me.  I didn't dislike him when he first appeared but he didn't make it to my favorite characters list either.  However, the last time he appeared, I loved him.

From everything he was trying to do with what he learned from Bobby to misusing 'balls' and 'idgit' to finally using them correctly in the end to 'you've protected him all your life, don't stop now' to 'I let all of this stuff go,' this guy won my heart.

It's very true that it's in human nature to not let go.  We hold grudges.  We get angry.  We fight.  People like Garth are very, very rare. I've gone through some troubling things in life and even though I haven't completely let go, I'm not vindictive either. I've never been.  Yes, some people upset me, but I know even if given an opportunity, I would still not get back at them.  I guess I kinda believe in karma.  I think people who've wronged me will face karma on their own. I don't need to do anything.

That would still be a huge disadvantage, given the spectar issue they were facing because it would've definitely exploited my feelings, even though by myself I would never act on them.  So it would be great to be like Garth.  It may take while to truly 'let go, so until then it's good enough to not let your problems and grudges rule your life. 
Edited by -Mystery- - 11 years ago