Mujhse Kuchh Kehti...Yeh Khamoshiyaan

Episode 1 Review - Disappointments Galore

EkPahelii thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 11 years ago
Ok wow the very first post of a new show based on its first episode that I so know was being looked forward to would shape up like this was not in my wildest imaginations frankly.

To say this was a long awaited show would be an understatement in the grossest of terms ever since MJHT went off air precisely 2 years ago, the next shows of all its 4 leads were eagerly awaited - not only cos of the sheer craze for the actors but also an enthusiasm of their fans, who wanted to see their favorite stars back in a brand new avatar in a new set-up. role etc. And somehow the longest wait was in for Mohit' return.

When articles started pouring in about 4this show and Mohit was confirmed as the lead it, the news spread like fire alas the show seems to put on the dampeners to the spirits rather quickly.

For a show that was touted in the print media as Mohit' comeback vehicle, the first episode not only gives the image that is contrary to this but also seems to be disappointing in more ways than one.

A Mature Love Story - that's how Khamoshiyaan was touted; however that doesn't at all seem to be the content on screen. A quick proposal and an engagement to follow up were really the last thing I expected in the pilot. But what was more unnerving was the way the whole thing took place, yes the pace is quick we get it Sid and Gauri are childhood friends but in no way was the vibe of childhood sweethearts or even of high school lovers. Sid I suppose is in love with the idea that he is in love with Gauri rather than being in love with her in the first place as per me. Not to mention I never imagined when SP decided to do away with the childish heroine who is a bimbo essentially in all matters they would do the unthinkable - make the hero a kid. I get a guy being a man-child but unfortunately the case here seems of Sid being a pampered protected gullible lad. He is shown boyish, a tad reckless and not at all worldly- wise while Gauri is somehow too far responsible and mature as it comes across.

Even with the engagement scene - a day when any gal is perhaps at one of her happiest moments Gauri comes across as sorta sullen and lost in her thoughts. In no way did she seem excited remotely for her upcoming nuptials only wondering about her appa-saheb and her remainder family. I get it its a big day and you want blessings from your elders and want your near and dear ones around you but shouldn't a moment come when perhaps you dwell on those around you in such a special occasion rather than be miserable for those absent.

The only intriguing point in the whole show is perhaps the moments when the mystery of this appa-saheb comes into the picture. He is a prominent figure in politics, a goon in his own sense yet gauri is under a false impression of him being perhaps a naive poor farmer in some remote village. Though the actor playing the role of appa-saheb does seem good even his scenes have a bit of a fiasco for eg the part where he kicks a man in his face. I get him falling, the guy even bleeding but him being knocked unconscious ? really from a foot in the face and being dragged by guards - what does this appa-saheb eat if he has that kinda of a strength ? they ought to tone down the melodrama in that sense - people want an escape from reality when they watch a movie or a show- a distraction from their woes, life and stress in general in the form of entertainment not an escape from rationality.

The first episode has been a disappointment sadly but I hope it gets its footing right soon. for all the heavy promotions it has done I hope its not lost in a drain. The makers should focus on Sid getting matured with the progression. There clearly is a mystery why gauri' parents are lying to her as well as the fact that why this appa-saheb shows concern for gauri whereas he is least bothered about his son asking him if he only needs money which seems weird to me.

There is a series of events that is responsible here for Gauri landing in India however it remains to be seen how that's played out. The only hope remains its senile enough.

On an ending note just wanna wish everyone a happy diwali and the show all the very best.

AUTHOR' NOTE: this post is just a representation of my views not an attack on anyone. Hope everyone sees that. Cheers!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MoNayaHolicPrag thumbnail
well i agree with alot of things aani.. But welll here i hav my pov

starting with the positiv point..i am seriously happy with mrinal.. Her first day first show was gud.. Impressed with her acting.. Coz many new comers i hav seen.. Omggg.. I was shockd seeing them getng nominated..bt thn seriously mrinal is gud.. Yes there ia scope fr improvement bt btr than many of them let me nt mention names...and yes working with mohit she still got her share of limelight.. SOo gud job

cuming i guess the first epi should reallt catch d eyes of ppl.. WHich wasnt here.. SOme spark was missing

evn though the first sight of mohit made me blush.. It really reminded me of samrat.. AND once i thought i was watchng the season 2 of mjht..

Yes it has been focusing on gauri a lot.. Bt thn sp stories are woman based.. Bt the heros gt their share of heroism.. So.. I am sure sid charcter cnt be justified in just 1st epi.. So lets wait fr how thy wanna portray..

If the epi was nt that grt.. IT wasnt very dissapointing too.. U Cant hav high expections in the vry first week.. WAIt n watch i would say.. AND if this continues.. WE will telk the ph and creatives to corporate and give justified charcter to sid. AN imp role.. AND we dnt wanna see samrat similar character... Though we hav seen lk shades of mohit i mjht.. ANGry young man as well as cool dude.. E look foward for more spark..

On a scale of 10 i would gve 6.5 extra .5 fr the boxers.. :p Edited by MoNayaHolicPrag - 11 years ago
.MohitzPari. thumbnail
like seriously aani?? I would have waited for sometime- like a week or two before starting to make a whole list of complains out there! 

first I thought I can leave the msg group, then I thought I can leave the FB group- but SNAP... I can't really run away from the negativity nor can I ignore it! 

yeah this is not a mature love story- infact it's not a love story yet...they aren't in LOVE LOVE...I feel like they will break up eventually and then we will get to see the whole process of falling in love and all those passionate and mature aspects of love. 

give it sometime, let's see first, where the story heads 

Mohit took up this role, he must have thought before taking it! If he didn't think- it's his fault and not makers' lol- isn't he mature and experienced enough to take up good roles? Have some faith in him atleast! 

if story doesn't click me in a week or two, I will be the first one to put my complains forward but on the first day?? umm a little too much and over reaction! 
puglet thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

THIS IS A "MEMBERS ONLY" POST
The Author of this post have chosen to restrict the content of this Post to members only.

Silhoutte92 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
rite now m not thinking about the story line & their love story

i was just looking at him & seriously it was a really good experience :)
but one thing i know that they will break up or something else gonna happen
gauri is so mature n sensitive while sid in contrast is fun loving n a childish persona
wait & watch till the story unfolds further

who knows he turns into a passionate lover or a mature persona after gauri leaves him
theres gonna be a huge rift ,i can smell ðŸ˜‰ Intensity is in the name
Khamoshiyan 
Joyee_90 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
hhmm me2 nt linking this cocept😭
soniasharmin89 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
really its very early to judge them.itna criticise matt karo nahin to u will not able to enjoy this.we all know there is still so many characters.even gauri not love sid yet.i think sid also

know that.just wait.

EkPahelii thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: .MohitzPari.

like seriously aani?? I would have waited for sometime- like a week or two before starting to make a whole list of complains out there! 

first I thought I can leave the msg group, then I thought I can leave the FB group- but SNAP... I can't really run away from the negativity nor can I ignore it! 

yeah this is not a mature love story- infact it's not a love story yet...they aren't in LOVE LOVE...I feel like they will break up eventually and then we will get to see the whole process of falling in love and all those passionate and mature aspects of love. 

give it sometime, let's see first, where the story heads 

Mohit took up this role, he must have thought before taking it! If he didn't think- it's his fault and not makers' lol- isn't he mature and experienced enough to take up good roles? Have some faith in him atleast! 

if story doesn't click me in a week or two, I will be the first one to put my complains forward but on the first day?? umm a little too much and over reaction! 

Parz whoa buddy i get it what you feel i do trust me but this is not my attack on Mohit or his acting yaar and its just healthy discussion. yes i have criticized the areas which i felt were off but its not like i havent done that before. you have read my mjht forum posts when needed i did write things which werent always appreciation.

and Mohit is an actor i get it- i am not insinuating its his fault here we both are his fans and friends who know how much we like the guy. its the writers here who weave the tale - as an actor mohit just follows what he is told.

all i wanted to do when i wrote this post was to voice the opinions that i felt was needed. IF has been formed for this purpose and we know makers do visit their show' forums dont we ? so if as audience we want to let them know or thoughts this is the medium.

i am not saying i wont give em time or am writing off this show just as of yet or asking others to do the same - i am just starting a discussion over here as his fan who wishes the makers know what are we thinking  that's al
l. its not a personal attack or anything its just a post - i know the love story is yet to start too my post just has inputs from me as feedback

i am not a -ve person you do know that parz when i like a thing i praise it equally too as much as i criticize when i find something off about it i will give it time and will try to post thoughts as often as i can of not only the bad but also the good and i have faith in mohit he must have seen some promise in the show to take it up this post is solely aimed at the makers; writers in particular not the actors in any way none of them especially Mohit

EkPahelii thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: soniasharmin89

really its very early to judge them.itna criticise matt karo nahin to u will not able to enjoy this.we all know there is still so many characters.even gauri not love sid yet.i think sid also

know that.just wait.

Sonia i again repeat my self this is not an attack and am not judging its just a discussion i very well realize that there is a twist just waiting to happen and it will create the first stepping stone of the love story but can we not let makers know what we think before that happens too ?

EkPahelii thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: sashazmohit

rite now m not thinking about the story line & their love story

i was just looking at him & seriously it was a really good experience :)
but one thing i know that they will break up or something else gonna happen
gauri is so mature n sensitive while sid in contrast is fun loving n a childish persona
wait & watch till the story unfolds further

who knows he turns into a passionate lover or a mature persona after gauri leaves him
theres gonna be a huge rift ,i can smell ðŸ˜‰ Intensity is in the name
Khamoshiyan 

sasha i am really happy to see mohit back on screen too and it really is not my idea to create a ruckus just because. guys all i want to say is we had certain hopes - and the first episode wasnt upto the par and as audience we can let know the ph and writers what we appreciate and what we dont with their show - they make shows for us - so we do have a legitimate right to voice our thoughts dont we ? if not us than who ?