gapgirl thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
Is it just me or do you find that Chachiji is being a bit of a hypocrite? 

On one hand, she's always quick to point out Maji's bad ways and how manipulative she is, etc. but on the other hand she is forcing Vibha to marry someone who has no respect for her...How can she be so quick to accuse someone else of how she deals with their relations when she is doing something similar to her own daughter? 

Also - complete side note, but I was so proud of Kusum bhabhi speaking up on Monday's episode.  

Would love anyone to give their 2 cents on this! 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Saathfan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Yes, I liked it that kusum spoke up.  I am not a big fan of Suman so I did not get emotional in any of her Rona dhoni scenes but kusum was more touching to the heart.  It will be fun now to see how ambi unites everyone to save humbe. 

Chachiji is definitely a hypocrite and will be interesting to see how vibha track develops.
Edited by Saathfan - 11 years ago
nobodyatnotime thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I wouldn't say hypocrite exactly- although I strongly disapprove of the manner in which she is forcing her daughter. The important point is motive. Imarti's motivation in torturing her bahoos is her hatred of them- she genuinely wants to hurt them and torture them. Chachi doesn't want to hurt her daughter. But it's the typical Indian mindset- a girl, however good in studies- her life isn't settled until she is married of. After she is married, she is expected to adjust. No matter what happens to her at her sasural, she must always adjust. And chachi has two daughters to marry off, and they're not particularly rich.
So while what chachi is doing is wrong, her intentions are not wrong but merely mislaid and as such she can't be compared to her sister-in-law.
gapgirl thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Interesting point - thanks for sharing your POV!

I'm not pleased with how chachiji is conducting herself with Vibha, and I hope sooner rather than later she realizes what she is doing to Vibha. But, your point about motive is def an interesting one :) 
Hamlet53 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail
opportunist more like it is this chachi.may hay while the son shines