Posted: 11 years ago
Hello jello people! I'm back with another OS. Dedicated to Aanchal, this is. I hope you like it Aanch, and get what I'm trying to say! πŸ˜³ Lamba title hai but whateverπŸ˜†

I love youuu! πŸ€—

--------------------------------------------------------

LogonKaKaamHaiKehna

'Psst, there she is! That Fatso! Yeah, her; God, her clothes don't even suit her! She seems so nice, doesn't she? Well, she isn't! She got Ranveer into trouble and then when he was with me, she tried to steal him away from me! God, what a...nevermind! Why should I waste my energy talking about her? Doesn't matter! He's gonna drop her like a hot potato as well!'

Panchi Rastogi blinked away her tears and with her head held high, walked away from the scene without so much as a backward glance towards the owner of that hurtful comment. As soon as she was out of ear shot and line of visibility, Panchi ran. She ran as far as her legs would carry her and ended up outside the music room. She stumbled inside and easily found the bench despite her vision being blurred with tears that were flowing freely now. Up until that morning, she'd thought that the days that were to follow couldn't be any better. Her Nonu had come over to her house just the previous night and they had talked. Talked about any and everything, apologizing, crying, holding each other; making up for the lost time, glad to have each other back. Panchi couldn't stop smiling as she got dressed that morning for school. However, a frown gradually formed on her face as she got the text from Ranveer that read:

'Broke up with Ayesha, I want to see you in school at our normal hide-out. Bring chocolates if you can, Moti. I need it. Love, Nonu'.

Panchi knew that the day wouldn't be far when he'd come to his senses and break up with the girl who treated him worse than dog poop. As Ranveer had told her the night before, Ayesha was making him miserable. He wanted out, but he knew that if he broke up with her, he'd be all the more lonely and he couldn't take that. Now that he'd had his best friend back, all there was to do was just do the deed that'd bring a smile to his face for the first time in many moons.

She was brought out of her reverie by the gentle creaking of the door. She hastily wiped her tears and sat up straight, not wanting anyone else to see through her smiling face.  However, there was one person who would, no matter how much she tried to hide her sadness behind her smile. She could only pray that it wouldn't be him.

'Moti!?'

Well, one could dream.

'Moti are you okay? I heard what she said to you back there. God, I could kill her. How dare she? I don't know what happened to me that I was dating THAT! Moti, I'm really sorry. Stop crying na please? You know how I get with people who are crying! I don't know how to handle them.'

Normally, Ranveer's ramblings would have made Panchi laugh but today just wasn't like any other day. She'd been called fat before, that wasn't the problem. However, people accused her of 'stealing' someone's boyfriend and that wasn't something that she wanted to be accuse of. Ranveer seemed to have sensed this and knew that there was only one thing that would help her. And that something was music.

He slowly went over to the rack where the guitars were placed and picked out his own. He knew he wasn't that great with humming old tunes but he knew that this one was one of her favourites and if anything could make her stop crying, it was this. He had to try and give it his best; after all, he'd lost her once; he wasn't about to do so again!

As the light strumming hit her ears, Panchi's surprise knew no bounds. She knew that he wouldn't be caught dead singing old Hindi film songs, but there he was, doing so just for her.

'Hmmm, kuch toh log kahenge, logon ka kaam hai kehna,

Chhodo bekaar ki, baton mein kahin, beet na jaaye rainaaa,

Kuch toh log kahenge, logon ka kaam hai kehna'

She thought back to the million plus one times when people had called her names and she'd just stood there quietly, letting them get to her, causing tears to fall out when she was alone. She'd hardly been someone who believed in herself. So, when Ranveer had come along, fighting with everyone who called her names, she knew that she had someone who'd protect her. But then, when he too, had called her names behind her back, she knew she had to stand up for herself. That didn't mean that her relationship with Ranveer had changed; it merely meant that she was growing stronger. And yet, she didn't know why, whenever there were questions raised that pointed fingers on her character, she lost all rational thought.

'Kuch reet jagat ki, aisi hai, hare k subah ki sham hui,

Tu kaun hai, tera naam hai kya, Seeta bhi yahaan, badnaam hui!

Phir kyun sansaar ki, baton se, bheeg gaye tere naina?'

Ranveer strummed his guitar lightly and walked over to where she was sitting, looking vulnerable and yet determined; strong and yet, broken. He knew that the words of the song had affected her; all old Hindi film songs did that to her. She believed that the lyrics were so powerful that they induced a person to a somewhat trace like state. He knew that the words of this particular song were such that they would cause havoc within her thoughts. He was sure that she'd be thinking something along the lines of standing up for herself, being confident and yet at the same time, being affected by the petty thoughts of her peers. He bent down on his knees so that he could look at her face. He brought out his hands and cupped her face, wiping away the tears with the pads of his thumb. He picked up the guitar once more and crooned the words softly into her ears.

'Humko jo taaney dete hain, hum khoye hain inn rang-raliyon mein,

Humne bhi unko chup chup ke, aate dekha inn galiyon mein,

Yeh sach hai jhooti baat nahin, tum bolo yeh sach hai na?'

Panchi's mind went back to that time when she'd overheard Ranveer's 'ex-girlfriend' talking behind the backs of the very people whom she called 'friends'. People worked in strange ways. She knew Ayesha was only trying to rile her up and by not responding to her extremely harsh comment, she'd proved that she was superior to her in many ways. She knew within herself that Ranveer wasn't someone's property. She knew that they were friends; best friends. She was well aware of the fact that she hadn't 'stolen' anything from anyone and that Ayesha had brought about the situation on herself.  But that didn't make the pain go away. Ranveer put his guitar aside finally and spoke softly, 'Moti, you've been my best friend ever since we could talk. If anyone 'stole' me, it was her, from you. I'm always going to be there Moti. I know I said this before and went back on my word but the next time I do something like that? I give you full permission to hit me with anything and everything that suits your fancy. You can even ask Shambhu kaka to stop giving me food until I come to my senses. Don't let people get to you Panchi! They'll talk whether the going is good or bad. Honestly, avoid.'

'I know Nonu. I know but it still doesn't stop hurting'

'Panchi, try and try till you succeed na? Ab let's go, I'm famished. Did you get my tiffin?'

Laughing and arm in arm, the two walked out, making their way to the canteen, once again passing by Ayesha and her posse.

'Look at her, isn't she just cheap? Character hi nai hai bilkul!'

Ranveer immediately looked sideways, wanting nothing more than to slap the living daylights of the girl he once dated. However, Panchi smiled up and him, and whispered so that only he could hear, 'Nonu, one day it will stop hurting and till then, 'Kuch toh log kahenge, logon ka kaam hai kehna!'

--------------------------------

That's a wrap! I am SO sorry if there are any mistakes! 

Let me know what you think! πŸ˜Š

-Raina

Edited by CutielovesChocs - 11 years ago
Hmm,  seriously I love you for bringing me out from zzz! you know what πŸ€— πŸ€— πŸ€— I smiled after so many days & I owe it to you <3

Msg ugh! ya I got it.. hopefully I will keep straight from now on πŸ˜†πŸ˜† I liked how you stressed on why Panchi darling was crying, like cuz of the wrong accusation πŸ˜³ I always love your work, you know it... bas this will remain special to me in many ways... Loved it to bits πŸ€—
Edited by _Aanchal_ - 11 years ago
Originally posted by _Aanchal_

attack!!!!! πŸ˜›πŸ˜›πŸ˜›

Padh le shanti se! πŸ˜†
You really like writing song fics na? :P

It was nice. This made me want to write a chotu sa OS as well :P
Originally posted by Mais

You really like writing song fics na? :P

It was nice. This made me want to write a chotu sa OS as well :P

Love it! Listening to songs inspires me to write somehow! πŸ˜†

Thank youuu! Itna chhotu sa comment?! πŸ˜² πŸ˜‰πŸ˜†
sach bataoun? I only give long comments when I REALLY like something...this was just okay. Ab no toote hue jootas and chappals please :P 
Toote hue kyun bhai? Full repaired waale hi throw karungi, impact zyaada padta hai! πŸ€£
na yaar! toote hue itne reflexive hote hain! patak patak ke peeth pe parte hain!! 
I'm just gonna throw them at you one by one! πŸ˜† Heel waale! πŸ˜†
tomboy hoke you own heels? :O