A Shwetzy Guide: How to PROPERLY write an OS/SS/FF - Page 5

Posted: 11 years ago
Thanks, Shweta!

This was so needed. The way good stories are ruined due to the lack of these things is just painful. It puts many people off.

Cheers,
T
A much needed post!

Funny too, though! ðŸ˜†
All points are correct and I agree with all of them :)
But point number 5 takes the cake for me!
1) i need serious help in sensuous scenes im an adult but im unable to write it not so vulgarly
2) in a writing is it odd to write in one update details of the day & the next one rush it in a paragraph ?? - i mean the good characters in a detailed conversation & day wise & some character not really liked clipped of in a para

Originally posted by Arhi-Did-IT

1) i need serious help in sensuous scenes im an adult but im unable to write it not so vulgarly
2) in a writing is it odd to write in one update details of the day & the next one rush it in a paragraph ?? - i mean the good characters in a detailed conversation & day wise & some character not really liked clipped of in a para

1.) Well you have to be specific as to what aspect you of you need help in.
2.) I'm sorry but the grammar freak in me just couldn't resist; there are a lot of grammar mistakes in this question, there was one in the first one so I let it slide. Just work on your grammar a bit :)
And now to answer your question, I have noticed a lot writers do that and these writers are the ones whose work I absolutely do not like as I can see they put absolutely no effort into it, no offence to them. So yes I would say it is odd and rushing is never a good thing. You have to know how to make the text flow to be a good writer and there are a lot of ways to practice that. I'd say reading a few novels or even fanfictions and taking note of their structure (not the content, that's plagiarism) is a good way to go! 

I hope this helped,

Shweta
hahahah great tutorial shweta
it will definitely benefit some writers and its a very nice thing for you to take time out to make this
it is true, lots of stories have huge potential, but with the pointers you have pointed out does make it a deal breaker, there have been many stories i havent bothered reading due to the use of language, writing skills, etc because its too confusing to get my head round
Thank u! I found this really helpful.
This is an awesome tutorial.
You have taken care of each and every detail.
I have seen many works lacking that grip just because of these faults.
i hope this helps and we get see progress.
An informative thread. I am sure it will help a lot of budding writers on this forum. :)