A Shwetzy Guide: How to PROPERLY write an OS/SS/FF - Page 6

Posted: 11 years ago
Hey the guide is really helpful...nice...very nice...
WOW!! Honestly... Its an amazing guide. Thankyou soo much!! πŸ‘
πŸ‘ Thank you for taking your time out to write this post. It was much needed and I'm glad you write about it.

I had a problem with how most people write on IF. There's some great writing going on here, but more often than not, I come across very badly written stuff. Very great story and theme, but the writing is so bad that I can't get past the first chapter. 

And honestly, the first thing I do before selecting an FF to read is the font it's written in. It seriously is the 'it' factor for me. Big green/pink/purple fonts...sorry can't take it seriously. 

I'm seriously glad you came up with this. As a writer I would want to make sure to follow these, and as a reader I could relate to all the points you put forwards. Hope a lot many writers get to read it. 
Oh beautifully captured! I agree with so many points. I am not a writer, just a reader - but a strong one. I love reading, and you know when i read things which is not written well, no matter how interesting it is, i just close the window.

The emotions, captures, dramas all have value when you get to read through it well. And if writing is compromised then no point of the story line what so ever it is.

Thanks for these pointers. Writers need to have a glance at it. 😊 
fabulous post...πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘really it's very helpful...thank u sooo much...😳😳
A friend introduced me to this tutorial... have to say, its aptly written... quite a tuitorial...thanx 
An awesome tutorial! I open so many threads but then get annoyed at how badly they are written. The ideas behind are amazing but the whole scripted writing without a purpose really puts me off. Another thing I would say is that when writing, sometimes it gets difficult to remember each and every detail. I find this hard sometimes. So what I do is make a mind map or something with everything that has happened briefly and maybe potential future ideas so that it helps you through even with writer's block. πŸ˜›
thanks very helpful post
please someone answer whats the difference between OS/SS/FF ?
great job.πŸ‘

this is most helpful post ...
Originally posted by Tohru

thanks very helpful post
please someone answer whats the difference between OS/SS/FF ?

I'm gonna try and help here. 
The Key is: 

OS= One Shot
SS= Short Story
FF= Fan Fiction

Basically, an OS is ONE piece of writing. A whole entire story/scene goes from beginning to middle to end in the span of one piece. The writer has only One Shot at writing/telling their whole entire story. An OS is short, simple, and a sweet read. Ex: https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/2176002

An FF is a longer, much broader piece of writing. This is something that is posted in many parts, usually more than ten to twenty. It tells a long story and usually has more than one story arch. Ex: https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/2784901 

An SS is kind of in between a FF and OS. It's more than one part, so it can't be an OS; but it's short at the same time- so it can't be a FF. It's in between constituting of one story arch that takes more than one part to tell.  This is an SS: https://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=2934427