Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 11 years ago
Originally posted by: malluangel

I'm gonna try and help here. 
The Key is: 

OS= One Shot
SS= Short Story
FF= Fan Fiction

Basically, an OS is ONE piece of writing. A whole entire story/scene goes from beginning to middle to end in the span of one piece. The writer has only One Shot at writing/telling their whole entire story. An OS is short, simple, and a sweet read. Ex: https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/2176002

An FF is a longer, much broader piece of writing. This is something that is posted in many parts, usually more than ten to twenty. It tells a long story and usually has more than one story arch. Ex: https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/2784901 

An SS is kind of in between a FF and OS. It's more than one part, so it can't be an OS; but it's short at the same time- so it can't be a FF. It's in between constituting of one story arch that takes more than one part to tell.  This is an SS: https://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=2934427

thanks a lot for expalning it 🤗i too want to start writting but got confuse with these terms i really want to know this once again thanks a lot 😊
..Shweta.. thumbnail
The terms OS, SS, and FF were explained in the post. Read things carefully, there is no such thing as irrelevent information. Especially on an informational post.

Happy writing,

Shweta :)
Mina420 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: Tohru

thanks very helpful post
please someone answer whats the difference between OS/SS/FF ?

OS = One Shot
SS = Short Story
FF = Fan Fiction

However, people define each very differently. I understand that a one shot is just one small piece of writing, that has one or two posts (with two posts that can be called a two shot if you like)
But then I see some people having multiple THREADS running for an OS... so I guess it is up to you!
Adry thumbnail
Thanks for all the pointers!!! Indeed a must read for all FF writers😃
It was very helpful👏
MsDramaQueen thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 6
I'm so mad at you right now.
WHY didn't you tell me you had this?!

*stomps away*

Btw, amazing tutorial... 
..Shweta.. thumbnail
Originally posted by: MsDramaQueen

I'm so mad at you right now.

WHY didn't you tell me you had this?!

*stomps away*

Btw, amazing tutorial... 

Aww thanks bubby!!

And lol cause you didn't need it and this was originally posted in the MB forum so yeah. Alright I will henceforth inform you about every post of mine :)
MsDramaQueen thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 6
Originally posted by: -ForeverYours-

Aww thanks bubby!!

And lol cause you didn't need it and this was originally posted in the MB forum so yeah. Alright I will henceforth inform you about every post of mine :)

Of course I need it!
Yes, you better.
Aerosteal thumbnail
Thank you so much! This is so helpful 😊
N33MA thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4
You taught me how to write and edit a story better than my English teacher 🤣 awesome post really helpful , will keep this in mind :)