Book Talk

Books Not to read - reader's perspective (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 4

Page 1
Page   of 4
Page 3 Page 4

-Dee-

IF-Dazzler

-Dee-

Posted: 14 December 2012 at 7:30am | IP Logged
Originally posted by LoveToLaugh

"The particular sadness of lemon cake". I wouldn't quite say I hated it but every time I would pick it up, I'd start yawning after reading one page. I gave up midway. The concept intrigued me in the beginning but ultimately, it turned out to be quite a bit of a bore.

P.S. Almost everybody I know hated Fifty Shades. I wonder how it became a bestseller! Confused

That's because fools like me went ahead to bookstores and bought the book anyway to satisfy their curiosity and read the whole shit before declaring that it was SHIT! 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

LoveToLaughcs-07

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Books Not to read - reader's perspective (Page 2)" in Book Talk forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

-Mystery-

IF-Veteran Member

-Mystery-

BollyCurry Buzzers

Posted: 14 December 2012 at 2:27pm | IP Logged
Fifty Shades of Grey, for sure.  One of the worst, no actually THE worst book I've ever read. I don't even know why I picked it up.

Twilight is next on the list. I have tried to read it but gave up after just a few pages. 

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

cimbaForumuser_-Dee-cs-07

LoveToLaugh

LoveToLaugh

BollyCurry Production Intern

Posted: 15 December 2012 at 12:26pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Dee-

Originally posted by LoveToLaugh

"The particular sadness of lemon cake". I wouldn't quite say I hated it but every time I would pick it up, I'd start yawning after reading one page. I gave up midway. The concept intrigued me in the beginning but ultimately, it turned out to be quite a bit of a bore.

P.S. Almost everybody I know hated Fifty Shades. I wonder how it became a bestseller!Confused

<font color="#333333">That's because fools like me went ahead to bookstores and bought the book anyway to satisfy their curiosity and read the whole shit before declaring that it wias SHIT!</font>

LOL ROFL ROFL

cs-07-Dee-

-victoRiya-

Goldie

-victoRiya-

Posted: 01 May 2013 at 10:15pm | IP Logged
I have never counted any Mills and Boon I have happened to read (very few and regret even that)
Danielle Steele was bogus too.
Twilight-finished the first 1 somehow but wowed to not touch another in the series Dead

arcoirisbright_star89

amna malik

IF-Addictz

amna malik

Posted: 17 May 2013 at 10:23am | IP Logged
I won't say 50 shades since everyone above me has mentioned it. Another book i absolutely despise is Beautiful Disaster by Jamie Mcguire. It has no plot, no story line. The hero tht we're supposed to swoon over is a psycho path. Remember tht scene from the movie Vaada where Zayed khan and Amisha patel r in a restaurant/cafe and a guy comes and attempts to flirt wid amisha which prompts zayed to repeatedly stab the guy's hand wid a fork? Yeah this hero is psyco path on tht level, maybe evem more.

aishwaryagayen

IF-Rockerz

aishwaryagayen

Posted: 18 May 2013 at 12:49am | IP Logged
ok theres another series i found which has turned to be a no no .. jeanine frost night huntress series 's first two books were digestable but from AT GRAVE"S END m not able to read it ... it disturbs me ..

HawaaPot

IF-Sizzlerz

HawaaPot

Posted: 23 May 2013 at 11:04am | IP Logged
All the books by Durjoy Dutta..It has zero substance, no gripping plot.. actually it has only lust.
Not worth reading.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

cs-07

zephyr29

IF-Rockerz

zephyr29

Posted: 16 June 2013 at 9:21am | IP Logged
As much as I like D.H. Lawrence, I absolutely hated Sons & Lovers. I know its regarded as a classic and is also semi-autobiographical but it was a real pain to read. The story, the geographical landscape, the characters are all extremely depressing and dreary. It also comes across as very sexist at times. Probably the only book I never finished and don't care to as well.

Also Mills & Boon books. I promptly forget what the story was after I finish reading.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top