http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=3287232

Part 2:

http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=3290339

Part 3:

http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=3293612
Posted: 11 years ago
thanx maddy...lol

@blue_ice...in reply to ur previous post quoting me

dude u dunt have to agree with me...its my personal opinion so calling it bogus isnt exactly an argment..to me, the entire idea of love depicted in the movie is "hollow"...and it has nothing to do with logic...it "rings hollow " as in, dosent look genuine...lacks depth and chemistry...i know such ppl exist but this is a movie, and its a love story made by yash chopra and they bank on likable characters tht one can root for...meera came across as a douchebaggal self centered woman so it dosent convince me one bit that samar can fall for her...

Edited by pathaka - 11 years ago
reposting in case anyone missed it. πŸ˜†
i love posting on page 1. πŸ˜†

May contain spoilers, so please read at your own risk!

I'm not sure that many people will enjoy reading my review and since I've been labeled 'biased' people may think my views to be so. But idc. I'm posting my HONEST and SINCERE feelings about the movie. You guys can take it whatever way you want. :)

Story: I thought it was a beautifully written story. But def not Yash ji's best to date. Still I thought it was fairly decent and much better than most story lines these days. I thought it was different. However, even I expected Samar's character to die in the end while diffusing the last bomb. I kind of think it would have made a lot more sense that way. But other than that part, I thought it was beautifully written. 

Shahrukh: I don't think any other actor could of played this role better than him. And I'm saying that without any biasness. I think he was perfect and his acting was out of the world. I'm not sure I'd say it was his best movie till date, but it was def one of his stronger roles. He carried it out so well. I agree though that he was a bit too much during the amnesia scenes. But leaving that scene aside he was just so perfect. Yash uncle def made you fall in love all over again. 

Katrina: I tried so hard to try and connect with her acting, but I just couldn't. But I do think this was one of her better films acting wise. But she was very expressionless in many parts of the movie. I did enjoy her wardrobe though. She looks nice in desi attire. She should wear more sarees. She looks nice in them. And she danced really well in the portion before the Ishq Shava song. To me she's always been an average dancer, but she was phenomenal in that portion before Ishq Shava. 

SRK-Kat Chemistry - Just didn't work for me. I said this before watching the film and my views haven't changed. I just didn't see any chemistry between the two. It was stale. I love Shahrukh to death, but I don't understand how his character fell in love with the character of Meera. There wasn't anything charming about her character. If I were Samar, I would have fallen in love with Akira's character. She is so full of life and a true inspiration. But Kat's chemistry with Shahrukh just didn't click.

Anushka - She was the 'jaan' of the movie. A true inspiration to many of us out there. I loved her character so much. She brought to many smiles to the movie. I felt so bad and sorry for her character. She truly deserved Samar! I just adored her bubbly nature. And she played the role so well and effortlessly. I don't think any other actress could have done a better job than her. Her acting is very praiseworthy!!!!! Just loved it.

I just loved the 'Jab Tak Hai Jaan' title song at the end and all the Yash ji clips. A very senti moment. I wouldn't say this was Yash ji's best movie, but it was def a really good movie. I just loved it from beg to end. <3

Final rating: 9/10 πŸ‘

Maybe a better actress would have made Meera believe able?
Maddy mentioned Kajol in k3g I haven't watched that movie in years but I still remember that scene at the end of Suraj hua Maddham when she realizes the difference in their status - the back ground score and the look on kajol's face made my heart weep. I felt nothing of that sort in Jthj maybe it's just me and I am jaded.
Yayyy, congrats guys :)

qwww, hahaha okay, got it! I agree with you :) I always did think the Chopra's unlike, Farah Khan, Arjun Rampal and the likes, were genuine in their affection for Shah.

@qwww...yes...thts my second problem with the film...

there were no butterflies in the stomach moments...zilch...

heck even mujhse dosti karoge gave me butterflies (tht medley YEAH) *hides* πŸ˜†

Originally posted by chocolover89

Yayyy, congrats guys :)

qwww, hahaha okay, got it! I agree with you :) I always did think the Chopra's unlike, Farah Khan, Arjun Rampal and the likes, were genuine in their affection for Shah.

I think Yashji was a very nice man and he did love SRK as a son but I am not sure of Adi especially since Rani seems to be very involved in YRF operations. 
So much discussion about one movie. πŸ˜†
Congrats on the 4th post-release discussion thread! 
Edited by HotMess - 11 years ago
Originally posted by qwww

Maybe a better actress would have made Meera believe able?
Maddy mentioned Kajol in k3g I haven't watched that movie in years but I still remember that scene at the end of Suraj hua Maddham when she realizes the difference in their status - the back ground score and the look on kajol's face made my heart weep. I felt nothing of that sort in Jthj maybe it's just me and I am jaded.

YES YES YES! That's what I've been saying...sure Meera is a very faulty character and you really don't like her, but a better actress might have, well probably would have, redeemed her to some extent.

Kajol, for all the overacting she did in K3G, was really good when it mattered as well. That scene your talking about, I just saw it today...(my sister is watching all SRK-Kajol stuff)...and that was exactly what was missing with Meera..when Anjali realizes that she can't be with Rahul because of their differences in status with "yeh khab hai mushkil, na mil sakeinge hum" playing in the background...Meera needed that expression when she just realized what she ended up wishing for when Samar has his accident...but nada. You don't feel.

The scene you're talking about at 7:20ish

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdBWTysljC4[/YOUTUBE]

Edited by chocolover89 - 11 years ago