Users

Frequent Posters

yaqeen. thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago

Thank You for this information..
fizii_gurl thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
MashaALLAH very informative & beautifully written i learnt alot today by your post ...inshallah Allah rewards u alot,thank u sooo much for the pm.
fizii 😊Edited by fizii_gurl - 11 years ago
sherni_ashish thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Lovely post! subhanAllah! may Allah bless us all n ur family!! 
-Alina- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
I know no one is interested in knowing it, but still I too want to share something(I know it's a bit long post, but it is related to this topic and I appreciate if you read it whole) thank you! 😊

The Day of Ashura is on the 10th day of Muharram in the Islamic calendar and marks the climax of the mourning of Muharram.It is commemorated by Shi'a Muslims as a day of mourning for the martyrdom of Husayn ibn Ali, the grandson of Muhammad at the Battle of Karbala on 10 Muharram in the year 61 AH(in AHc: October 9,and in AHt: October 10, 680 CE). According to Sunni Muslim tradition, Ibn Abbas narrates that the Prophet (?) came to Madeenah and saw the Jews fasting on the day of 'Ashoora'. He said, "What is this?" They said, "This is a good day, this is the day when Allah saved the Children of Israel from their enemy and Moosa fasted on this day." He said, "We are closer to Moosa than you." So he fasted on this day and told the people to fast. 

Significance of Ashura for Sunni Muslims:-
Not related to Ashura and Karbala, some Sunni Muslims fast on this day of Ashura based on narrations attributed to Muhammad (pbuh). The fasting is to commemorate the day when Moses and his followers were saved from Pharaoh by Allah (SWT) by creating a path in the Red Sea. According to Muslim tradition, the Jews used to fast on the tenth day. So Muhammad recommended to be different from the Jews and recommended fasting two days instead of one; 9th and 10th or the 10th and 11th day of Muharram.
According to Hadith record in Sahih Bukhari, Ashura was already known as a commemorative day during which some Makkah residents used to observe customary fasting. Muhammad (pbuh) used to fast on the day of Ashura, 10th Muharram, in Makkah. When fasting the month of Ramadhan became obligatory, the fast of Ashura was made non compulsory. This has been narrated by Aisha, Sahih Muslim,Hadith-2499. In hijrah event when Muhammad (pbuh) led his followers to Medina, he found the Jews of that area likewise observing fasts on the day of Ashura. At this, Muhammad (pbuh) affirmed the Islamic claim to the fast, and from then the Muslims have fasted on combinations of two or three consecutive days including the 10th of Muharram (e.g. 9th and 10th or 10th and 11th).

Now lets see what Shia Muslims believes:-
This day is well-known because of mourning for the martyrdom of Hussein ibn Ali, the grandson of Muhammad and the third Shia Imam, along with members of his family and close friends at the Battle of Karbala in the year 61 AH (680 AD).  Yazid1 was in power then and wanted the ba'yad (allegiance) of Husayn ibn Ali. Muslims believe Yazid was openly going against the teachings of Islam in public and changing the sunnah of Muhammad(PBUH).

Husayn in his path toward Kufa encountered the army of Ubayed-Allah Ibn Ziyad, the governor of Kufa. On October 10, 680 (Muharram 10, 61 AH), he and his small group of companions and family members (in total who were around 72 men and few ladies and children), fought with a large army of perhaps more than 100,000 men under the command of Umer ibn Sa'ad son of the founder of Kufa. Husayn and all of his men were killed while being thirsty. The nearby river (Forat) was also blocked by Ubayd-Allah ibn Ziyad men and Husayn and his companions were not allowed to get any water from it. Before being killed, Husayn said "if the religion of Mohammad was not going to live on except with me dead, let the swords tear me to pieces.". Some of the bodies of the dead, including that of Husayn, were then mutilated.

RocksStarAbhi thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Neelam-Sukriti thumbnail
Just amazing dear  ,very good post 
MarkZingerBurgr thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 8
Subhan Allah. amazing post. Mashallah. May all Bless us all.
Jazak Allah.
..Bebolove.. thumbnail
Thanks for such a wonderful post!!❤️
desigirl1 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Jazak'Allahu Khairan for this thread:)
I was waiting for this and you made it<3
Yup everyone in my house is fasting:D
and a Happy Islamic New Year to everyone *hugs*
RocksStarAbhi thumbnail