Siaa_Rickman thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 11 years ago
Exactly one and half years before when two of my fav shows ended at same time, I was sad, plain sad. It was that time in May when I had study holidays for the sem finals and with the closure of KMH2 I was sad and at the same time teeny weeny bit happy that atleast I could prepare well for the exams without any distraction. Yes it was a distraction. And for two months or so, I'd stopped watching TV altogether be it the Indian soaps or the International shows. And then my holidays started. Life was all well until my friend told that the one who played Shefali is now in a new soap called IPKKND and she's playing the role of Lavanya. I was surprised at Sana's ability to enact the character of La. And as they say the rest was history. I came to love the transformation in Lavanya, the new amazing pair of Arnav-Khushi, the sibling bonding between Arnav-Akash ,Anjali-Arnav, the trio and ofcourse Kuhshi-Payal!!!  I was mesmerized by the chemistry between the leads and day by day my love for them used to increase by leaps and bounds ignited further by their off-screen moments!!!
Back now after one and half years, yet again one more show I watch is at the brink of closure though this not sure but for me if there is no ASR, it means no IPKKND, but this time it's no mere distraction, it's not just my fav show, it's been much more, a lot more. I've evolved, I've grown up and IPK was a part of this too.
We all have memories. That first time when I drenched in rain, that first time I got praised by my teacher, that first time when I jumped in glee in having found a new friend, that happiness in sneaking out at night and having ice-cream, that joy in having found a novel I always wanted to read, that smile on my face when my friend found her right partner knowing that now she is secure, that first crush when I was in tenth, that embarassment when I had goofed up in front of him, the silent laugh and chuckles, all this is what I treasure even now. And unknowingly IPK formed a part of this. 
For the first ever time, me and my friend conversed on phone abt a show, the first ever time when I bunked certain classes just to watch the yest's epi or Arhi scenes, the first ever time I watched a show even during exams and night out's of assignments, the first ever time when I straight away declined to attend parties and functions just not to miss the episode, the first ever time when I dogged sleeping in the afternoon just not to miss the off-screen moments, the first ever time I smiled seeing gol-gappes and jalebies, the velvet dresses and pom-poms. Each time I listen to a song, the first thing that comes to my mind is 'this suits Arnav, this suits Khushi, this suits them' and so on.  Every day when I watched the show, I had a new moment to treasure..
There are certain people who say this is just a fictional show, just 24 minutes of entertainment!! I agree to it, yes my rational mind does. But had it been always the mind, then I or for that matter most of us wouldn't have fretted over cricket and football matches, wouldn't have been watching and listening to movies and music with fervor, wouldn't stand in queues to get a glimpse of a celebrity or to get the first copy of a newly released novel, or just wait with excitement till the time the author updates his story and so on. It's not just mere 24 mins coz for the next 24 hrs we wait and anticipate yet another intense moment!! And if all this is said to be unrealistic, crazy, and addiction, obsession, yes most of us are!! And why shouldn't we be?
The story  we were promised was intense and potential with the right amount of passion, love, anger, deceit, and lust!! And it definitely was so!! We were witness to such beautiful, poignant relationships like Arnav-Anjali, Lavanya-Arnav, Lavanya-Khushi!! And if the writers were in the right track, we could have seen many more such relations like Arnav-Payal, Khushi-Akash, NK-Khushi!! And they say they ran out of tracks? 
I for one never started watching/watched for Barun and Sanaya as I didn't know them before. It was and is all about Arhi. Barun might return back to television or might star in movies,but ASR, no one can be ASR other than him,can they? I think of ASR, then it's Barun, I think of Khushi, it's Sanaya!! It's not just abt Barun quiting, it's abt Arnav, it's abt Arhi!! And to just think that one of them would be permanently gone is sheer torture and painful.. There's no Khushi without Arnav, there's no Arnav without Khushi, mainly there's no Arhi without either of them!! And to think that they would cease to excist in a couple of days is really heart-wrenching!! And they've now literally robbed us of the dream we've always had - Arhi!! 
I just hope that the efforts we are putting in is able to save our show, our Arhi, our memories that we would treasure forever!! 
And just one last thing - Sun Le Dua Yeh Aasamaan!!

P.S I was randomly listening to songs and when I heard, I literally had tears in my eyes!! The song itself explains everything!! And the result, well you can see it above and if you've made it till the end, all I can say is Thank You :) 

Edited by -Siaa- - 11 years ago