An idea/request for a new section if possible

Posted: 11 years ago
Hi!

I love reading India Forums every day (whether I am logged in or not) and really appreciate the platform provided to discuss all TV shows. I understand mods and admins are already really over-worked with existing stuff on the forum. Still, I'd request Admins to please consider providing a forum where we can discuss old TV shows (pre-2000 era, the Golden age stuff from DD, Zee, Sony in 80s-90s).

India Forums is simply the best out there when it comes to information/discussions on Indian TV. So I believe it would be wonderful if members were also provided with a section to discuss the Golden Oldies! A forum where we can share videos, memories, info on shows we grew up watching. Sheer nostalgia! 😊

I'd also request I-F, that if possible, please also interview yesteryear actors (main ones/character actors) and makers of cult shows from past to share their memories and experiences working on those shows of the past (eg., Supriya Pilgaonkar speaking on Tu Tu Main Main - such stuff would make a delightful read for nostalgia lovers and fans of old shows).

I-F is already THE database for Indian television, I hope sometime in near future, you can provide a space to discuss bygone era of Indian television (which is discussed in isolated blogs or recalled in fleeting articles once in a while, but never documented/discussed properly at one credible place!).

There are several magazines on TV nowadays, but even these do not do justice to old TV shows, veteran artistes, many of those, who were class apart talents, whose impact resonates even today, but unfortunately they were got acknowledgement/recognition because their work happened to come about when there was no media boom in India!

There's nothing for fans of nostalgia!

Hence, I sincerely hope India Forums can help fill that void somehow, by providing a forum to discuss Golden oldies, Indian TV as it was in past and time to time interviewing stalwarts of those days.

I wish I-F all the best and really hope your team considers this request/suggestion in future. Thanks!😊

Cheers!
I agree with you. The Shows like Heena, was a Asian Biggest Hit on Sony Tv, and many more that were Classic and I'm Sure,if we get Forums for seperately or only a Forum, that will be great to discuss.
Ya,i do agree,IF is big, they shud take Exerpts of Old shows ,interviews etc. Pls Mods help na! Regards.
Great suggestion..! Second completely! 😊
I grew up during DoorDarshan era..TV content was quality those days. Limited number of episodes and actors who were part of elite National school of Drama. 
Humlog ,  Buniyaad , Nukkad , Tamas, Farmaan , Ramayan , Mahabharath , bharat ek khoj , Surabhi , Malgudi Days, Kachi Dhoop, rajini , Yeh Jo hai Zindagi , Trishna , KaramChand , Byomkesh Bakshi , Fauji ...and SOOO many more.

I am sure if a section for Nostalgic 80s era is made.. many will love to participate in discussing their fav shows from childhood. Infact many of my friends still reminiscence the shows which we watched couple decades back. Such was the impact.

I am glad to have found this thread today. I hope many others come out and show their support to have such a section opened. 
Me def supports the IdeaπŸ‘πŸΌ
Wonderful idea!!!πŸ‘

Shows like Zaban Sambhalke, Dekh bhai dekh, hum paanch, tu tu main main, shriman shrimati... all the best were just the best shows we ever had!!!!😳
Fab idea... m a big time shipper of Doordarshan ears classics like Buniyad, Farman, Fauji, Udaan etc... .as well as Zees landmark shows like Sailab Banegi Apni Baat Campus n so many more..!

M in...great initiative.. 
Edited by Armu4eva - 11 years ago
I wasnt even born when these serials were aired but have heard praises from elders. Recently i happened to stumble on the first episode(and the only one uploaded😭)of Humlog on YT. And OMG! Just LOVED IT! No loud make up..no flamboyant sets..simple characters portraying a simple living. I wish i can get the remaining episodes. I simply LOVED IT. Nanhe's song brought tears to my eyes. So real..so heartfelt.
heres the link-
http://youtube.com/watch?v=DKjXsB0YUjo
if u browse the ones on right side, youll find a few nice yesteryear serial episodes. :)
Thanks a lot everyone for support to the idea! I hope IF can make it possible! 

Yeah all those old classics like Heena Humlog to even lesser discussed ones like Marshall (that Mukesh Khanna playing a detective serial!), Shriman Shrimati, Potli Baba ki kahaniyan! It's like reliving old days again. πŸ˜Š
spectacular idea...and thinking about some serials of yester years and lolzz...about there romantic scenes making me go more in lue with your idea of having something like this...

fantastic...brillient pec of thinking buddyy...