Saans mein teri saans mili toh ~ SRK FC 81 - Page 5

Posted: 11 years ago

Box Office: Jab Tak Hai Jaan still dominates Son Of Sardar

The business of Shahrukh Khan's latest release Jab Tak Hai Jaan might have gone down at the Box Office in India, but it has continued to keep the bells ringing at the international collection centres. This late Yash Chopra directed movie is still dominating the business chart at the overseas Box Office pushing down Son Of Sardar to the second place again in the second weekend.

Jab Tak Hai Jaan has continued to top the business chart at the USA Box Office in the second weekend. The Shahrukh-Katrina-Anushka starrer has collected $ 5,36,918 from 164 screens in the country taking its 13-day total to Rs 16.93 crores ($ 30,47,539). Whereas Son Of Sardar has once again landed in the second spot. The film has collected $ 1,13,592 from 109 screens taking its total to Rs 3.96 crores ($ 7,13,754).

Jab Tak Hai Jaan has topped the chart at the UK Box Office with its second weekend collection 1,97,745 from 65 screens. Its 13-day total is Rs 11.61 crores ( 13,01,655). Whereas Son Of Sardarhas collected 33,828 from 24 screens, taking its total to Rs 2.73 crores ( 3,06,468).

Jab Tak Hai Jaan has continued to dominate the Australia Box Office in its second weekend. The film has collected A$ 88,087 from 24 screens taking its total to Rs 3.76 crores (A$ 6,46,585). Another movieSon Of Sardar is in the second place with its second weekend collection A$ 20,967 from 30 screens. Its 13-day total is Rs 1.67 crores (A$ 2,87,174).

Jab Tak Hai Jaan has topped the chart at the New Zealand Box Office in the second weekend. It has collected NZ$ 26,955 from 14 screens, taking its total to Rs 83.77 lakhs (NZ$ 1,82,744). Whereas Son Of Sardar has collected NZ$ 7,052 from 9 screens in the second weekend, taking its total to Rs 40.42 lakhs (NZ$ 88,168).

I love the people associated with a film: Shah Rukh Khan

Although his last offering successfully rode on the Diwali wave, it got mixed critical reviews. But Shah Rukh Khan says he chooses films not just for the sake of prosperity and posterity. King Khan needs something more -- belief in the director and the crew involved in a project.

Over the past few years, after doing films such as My Name is Khan, Don and Ra.One, King Khan is back to his favourite genre -- romance -- with Jab Tak Hai Jaan. However, the actor maintains that he usually chooses his movies on impulse but doesn't take his job or stardom for granted.

"I totally love the people associated with a film. I remember when Ashutosh (Gowariker) came to me with Swades, I was keener on doing Jodhaa Akba but he asked me to be part of this film as he wanted to dedicate it to his father. I instantly agreed. After all, he's one of my earliest friends from the industry and I believed in his vision for Mohan Bharghav," he reminisces.

A similar backdrop resonated with his decision to make Chak De! "My dad loved hockey and I played the sport very well too. So, although I had to sport a beard, with a dozen unknown girls and no songs to lip-sync, I agreed to the idea. It turned out to be wonderful."

When asked whether there will be a sequel to his first big screen superhero venture -- which was a commercial setback for him -- SRK sounds rather optimistic. "I won't rule out the possibility because Ra.One could become a franchise in the long run. We might call the second film Ra.Twoor something but we don't have a script yet so we'll have to hold on to our thoughts here," sums up the actor-producer.

Jab Tak Hai Jaan crosses the Rs 100 crore mark at the Indian box office

Jab Tak Hai Jaan, Yash Chopra's last directorial venture, continues to mint money. The romantic saga has earned Rs.101.26 crore at the domestic box office in 11 days since its release.

The movie, featuring Shah Rukh Khan, Anushka Sharma and Katrina Kaif, released on 2,500 screens on the auspicious occasion of Diwali, on Nov 13.

Made at a budget of Rs.50 crore, the film has surpassed the Rs.100 crore mark in the Indian market, even though it had crossed the milestone figure in terms of worldwide collections within six days of hitting the screens.

Despite mixed reviews from all quarters, it had grossed over Rs.120 crore from all over the world in six days, and at the Indian box office, the movie had managed to get Rs.80.73 crore.

The figures only seem to be on a rise. The buzz for the film was immense, given the fact that it is Chopra's last directorial, a project he took up eight years after helming Veer-Zaara. It has also brought back Shah Rukh in his classic romantic avatar, which his female fans love him for.

ANUSHKA SHARMA

She doesn't like being decked up, but when she does she literally steals the thunder from everyone around. Anushka Sharma chose a Manish Malhotra lehanga choli for the finale of India's Got Talent, and draped the dupatta in a sari style. Matching neck-piece and light kohled eyes completed her look. Dressed to wow!
taran adarsh ?@taran_adarsh

#JTHJ *total after 2nd Weekend* India 109.44 cr + Overseas 61.34 cr. Total: Rs 170.78 cr.

Originally posted by srklicious

ok i wil start the game 😳 😳
In which film did SRK not play a negative role?

A. Anjaam

B. Baadshah

C. Darr

D. Baazigar

LOLZ he played a damn in some movies here darr and baazigar are the correct answer😳
Tweet Baba ?@tellmii

@iamsrk yeh, street light hai ya sun light? :-)

SHAH RUKH KHAN ?@iamsrk

@tellmii Twilight hai...

King Akash Verma ?@akashverma154

@iamsrk sir jthj dene chaloge mere sath hehhehehe ?

SHAH RUKH KHAN ?@iamsrk

@akashverma154 tu chal main aaya...

RAHUL SRIVASTAV ?@rahul_raone

@iamsrk Ek reply de dijiye Sir for ur fan in Jharkhand.

SHAH RUKH KHAN ?@iamsrk

@rahul_raone sabko bahut pyaar

Shivaji Singh ?@IAmMadAbtSRK

@iamsrk i watched JTHJ 4 times and will again on 30 nov . Feel like going again and again . Will you finance ?

SHAH RUKH KHAN ?@iamsrk

@IAmMadAbtSRK It will seem too desperate...paying u to see my film...ha ha

Devan Parab ?@Nautankibaba

Saw @iamsrk at the Shoot of #ChennaiExpress in Collem Goa. Cried alot bcoz Dad dint Wait.. Still in Tears.. :'(( 

SHAH RUKH KHAN ?@iamsrk

@Nautankibaba awww!!! Dads r always in a tearing hurry...!!