Pulkit’s Lakshya - Read all Pulkit fans!!

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 17 years ago
Pulkit's Lakshya

With the boy-next-door looks, Pulkit Samrat already has more than one cap on. He talks to indya.com about his experience after just three weeks following his launch on India's premiere show.

Model, actor and magician, this new face on the STAR Plus block has his hands full with more aspirations. Pulkit has accomplished getting on the first step towards lots more limelight. "A dream come true", he says following the rave reviews he has been getting from young girls and seniors in the field.

How does it feel being part of Kyunki...?
It's a mixed feeling, feels great on side and on the other I have the fear of not succeeding. I consider myself lucky to get the role of Lakshya in Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi on STAR Plus, that adds more value and makes it awesome for me... More so with the kind of launch I got - I play one of the lead characters, what more can a debutant ask for!

Did you always want to be an actor?
Yes, and all my life I have been preparing for this, I had enrolled my self in a modeling school in Delhi, took theater courses. I then shifted to Mumbai and did some ads, and follwing the auditions for Kyunki..., I am here to stay.

Are you happy with the kind of break you've got in Kyunki…?
Oh yes, I have been getting great reviews starting from the launching scene, it was followed by many calls, not many apart from my immediate family knew about this, I just sent a SMS message asking them to watch Kyunki…, that evening. And people who know and who don't know me tried to get in touch with me the same night to wish and bless me luck. The response has been good!

Who is your role model among the characters of Kyunki…?
Karan, I really like the charatcreisation of Karan, he has a soft and hard side, he is real... He has authority and does what he thinks is right, it is a charater people will automatically fall in love with.

Which actor in the previous generation of Kyunki did you hope to work with, before being part of the cast yourself?
Hiten Tejwani, again.

What do you bring to the show?
Freshness, youth, more to look out for, one more member to be welcomed into your families.

How is it working with the cast?
They are all so helpful, we rehearse scenes together and it's fun. At the same time, we get to learn a lot from the seniors.

How much of Lakshya is Pulkit? Tell us about the charater of Lakshya?
Lakshya is almost like me - Humourous, good natured, observant, sensitive… The charater is built up slowly, initially you only saw him observing, trying to bring harmony in the disturbed family, trying to console people… Before the audience thought he is meant to do only that, last week he reacts strongly when Mantan's friend misbehaves with Tulsi.

How has life changed since two weeks?
I have no time, and that is a good thing as I live away from home and I like being occupied, what else can I ask for if I am occupied doing what I want to do. I get goose bums thinking of where I am today. Many girls are trying to get my phone number through my friends!

It feels good, I have just reached the stage when I stand at a traffic junction, I am not just anybody, but someone whom many recognize, it is a good feeling.

Some quickies that Pulkit fans would want to know!

Birthday - 29 December
Most memorable day - 8 June 2006, the day I was launched in Kyunki…. It's the day my dream materialized!
Your support system - My mother
Favourite destination - My home, in Delhi. Now that I am away from home, I sometimes feel homesick. But I won't complain as I love my job in Mumbai.
Favourite hangout - I don't party much, it's usually close friends or at home.
In your free time you - Practice magic. I am a magician too, I am into street magic and illusions.
Five years from now, you'll be in - Bollywood!
Favourite movie - Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge
Favourite book - I don't read novels.
Best actoress in Indian television - In Bollywood, I must mention - Rani Mukerjee and on the small screen I like Ratna Pathak and Smrithi Irani.
The director you would want to work with - Everybody from Sanjay Leela Bansali, Ram Gopal Verma, anybody with a good role to offer.
Kind of music you enjoy - Bollywood!
What do you plan to do for your fans - I am working on a site for all my fans, there will be interesting contests to date me and other updates about me. The site is under construction, it is www.pulkitsamrat.com
An ideal day for you - Shooting, I love being in front of the camera.
You are most comfortable when wearing - A pair of jeans with a full sleeves shirts.

P.S: Sorry to post this into this forum but i guess there are many Pulkit fans out here too !
good he is doing sum work 4 his fans its good news 4 all da fans 👏

Wrong Forum...u got to post this in Kyunki...!
u hve to post this article in kyunki coz lashya doesn't act in kzk!
thanx his b'day i just one day after my cezzu 😳
im sry guyz...but i'll have to move it to ksbkbt forum...
this isnt related to KZK in ANY form...

ANila😊

tfs!

and lol his looks are "boy next door"? well...i think he cud suit any character...:D:D:D

and yay! for his site...LoL, and now maybe we can get it cleard from him if his email IDs are along the line.... pulks100 or not 😆 😉