Punar Vivah

~Kratika Sengar: ZRA Most Popular Face~ #3 - Page 9

Euphoria. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 11 years ago
OMG I was still not over the off-screen footage and Borna and Kirthi Di had to kill me all over again with their takes!  

I am in LOVE with these 2. I saw the clip just before going to bed, BAD IDEA! I was dying to re-watch the entire segment but couldn't!! =( Well, am gonna go watch it NOW! 

Bona, ITA with what you said about their comfort level. I have seen Gurmeet's off-screen footage for other dance performances but honestly, I have never seen him this happy in any of those videos. He was really enjoying himself. Yes, it is a romantic performance but there were many instances where Gurmeet was smiling at Kratika and was not totally in character, which I found extremely cute!   And Kirthi Di is so right, once Kratika starts to speak. there is no one who can stop her, even if it's Gurmeet! πŸ˜³

I realised that we always get a treat when we least expect it. The ZRA promos featuring GK *ONLY*, GK/PV winning so many awards, a romantic GK/AarYa performance, the off-screen footage and finally, the dhamakedaar ILY promo!   

I hope someone shares the promo ASAP because I am dying to see it!   

Okaies, am off to watch the ZRA rehearsal video!! Tonight's gonna be a good good night! πŸ˜† 

EDIT - 
Were Gurmeet and Kratika thumbs-up(ing) each other at 7.27?! 😲 I totally missed that! πŸ˜² How cute! β˜ΊοΈ 
Edited by Euphoria. - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Malika_ZL_Khan thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
HI, I'M MALIKA 
PLEASE ADD ME TO THE FAN LIST 
MelodiousDreams thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4
This content was originally posted by: angake

Ha ha I just dropped in to say that I just finished watching the curtain raiser and I see Borna here already.

Haha! I'm proud of you for posting before I was finished with my comments, though! πŸ‘πŸΌ

I was speechless, honestly! And then I had a grin as wide as the Pacific ocean. GK were so so so cute. I loved what they said about the dance and how they still haven't started showing the love (which I took it as passion) on the show. 

Ditto! The "grin as wide as the Pacific Ocean" part especially! πŸ˜ƒ I thought it was so funny that Kratika said that they haven't shown the sort of love and romance that the audience wants to see on the show yet. I was reminded of the ABP interviews where Gurmeet said the same thing about the "love" between Yash and Aarti...and Kratika's response to SSM asking about whether "intimate" scenes will be shown in the show...I think Kratika might have said what they wanted to hear, but even if she was being honest and referring to the fact that the PV won't show explicit scenes in a family show, I do think that the team of PV has definitely pushed the boundaries with the things they have shown so far! They know that they have a jodi that can set things ablaze with the mildest touch or glance, so the smallest nuances become intense and romantic!
If Kratika and Gurmeet were referring to "passionate love" here, then I am in full agreement. I'm also wondering what they are anticipating in the show itself! After all, Gurmeet said, "theek se pyaar bhi nahi hua" and I love how "properly being in love" seems to be hinting at passion levels that are going to kill us all a million times over πŸ€”

And my Goodness, how slim has Kratika become. I swear if one more person calls her aunty'..😑

Can you believe I didn't even notice that the first few times I watched the video? 😲 But yes, she is slim and looks toned, as well! She's looking more and more like P2/Naina as far as slimness goes but there's that maturity in her face that comes with age - I like seeing glimpses of all of the characters she has portrayed when I look at her face!

And there was a part where Kinshuk had asked GK something and KS was answering non-stop and you could tell from GC's face that he wanted to offer his input too but KS was like an express train. πŸ˜†

Haha, I wanted to hear what Gurmeet had to say since he's normally a riot when he's not in a reserved mood, but it was adorable watching his reactions to Kratika not letting him get in a word edge-wise πŸ˜† He looked at Kratika to see if she agreed with him and she took that as a signal to take the baton and run away with it! He was like, "I'm used to this now..."  

Also loved all the bits with PV family. How young is Geeta Tyagi. Wow! What a difference make up can do. 

Geeta looked really sweet with her hair tied up like that, haha! Make-up really does make a difference sometimes when it comes to creating a look! I recently read an interview of Samragyi's where the reporter mentioned that she is in her twenties...She is very pretty, too!

And can I say something else: Most of them were shown in their natural look that is without any make up. By far Kratika and Ankita stood out with their natural beauty. They absolutely didn't need make up to look pretty. πŸ˜³

True, although I do think that Kratika looked the most fresh out of all of the women during their rehearsals and that surprised me, honestly! Maybe it had something to do with the times they caught everyone rehearsing for their acts...But Kratika looked as fresh as morning dew and as energetic as ever! Her natural, scrubbed-clean look always reminds me of promos 3 and 4 of Punar Vivaah. I will say that Ankita's grace is incredible, though! I've liked her dancing ever since I saw her on JDJ4. Rati's energy (and Rithvik's energy!) is a lot of fun to watch.

Off to read Borna's thoughts. πŸ˜ƒ

Hoping for more discussion later! πŸ˜ƒ

Edited by MelodiousDreams - 11 years ago
Euphoria. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Borna, it's not just us who find this pairing unique. I know many still run after those couples with PPC *hope you remember what that stands for since YOU came up with it! πŸ˜†*. Just recently, I was at another forum and they were discussing a trip-and-fall scene and how natural and beautiful it was. I wanted to comment on that post but stopped myself because it would have resulted in loads of arguments. πŸ˜† My mum was watching the Thursday episode on Friday, since the episodes air a day later out here, and throughout the episode, she couldn't stop smiling. She looks forward to PV every night because according to her, the chemistry between Gurmeet and Kratika is refreshing. Oh and she couldn't stop praising Kratika for her natural acting and her beauty. She was also giving me competition in chasing after Gurmeet. πŸ˜† But my point is that it shows that we do not find them different because we love them and are biased towards them, everyone else does as well, unless someone refuses to admit it. I am so happy that GK are in true means re-defining chemistry and I hope this would be recognized by more in the future. 

About the passion between them once they are done dealing with the baggage of Aarti's past, oh gosh, you did not just mention that! I can't wait for that stage. Kratika is probably right when she says that there won't be any cringe-worthy intimate scenes. There may be passionate scenes between them but I am sure that the Mittals would portray it so tastefully that we could watch it with our entire family and still not feel uncomfortable. πŸ˜³
This content was originally posted by: Euphoria.

I am in LOVE with these 2. I saw the clip just before going to bed, BAD IDEA! I was dying to re-watch the entire segment but couldn't!! =( Well, am gonna go watch it NOW! 

Borna, ITA with what you said about their comfort level. I have seen Gurmeet's off-screen footage for other dance performances but honestly, I have never seen him this happy in any of those videos. He was really enjoying himself. Yes, it is a romantic performance but there were many instances where Gurmeet was smiling at Kratika and was not totally in character, which I found extremely cute!   And Kirthi Di is so right, once Kratika starts to speak. there is no one who can stop her, even if it's Gurmeet! πŸ˜³

Join the club, Anu! Oh wait, we've been a part of that club for months now. πŸ˜† I can't wait to read what everyone else has to say about the ZRA CR before tomorow when I end up dying and writing a commentary about the ZRA performances as a Dead Fan Wala Bhoot πŸ˜† 

Awww awww aww! Your comment about Gurmeet's happiness! πŸ˜ƒ The thought of GK not being in character never even crossed my mind here, because they were so obviously themselves here! That spontaneity and uninhibited happiness that is seen and felt during moments like this where they're just free to be Gurmeet and Kratika makes me feel so happy, too. Once again, that feeling of "This is us, and we don't care if there's a camera in front of us or not!" comes to mind, and I don't know how Gurmeet was before PV, but there's a world of difference in his earlier interactions with Kratika and the restrained masti that they engage in now. Even then they were endlessly teasing each other subtly...But now...

Haha, Kratika the Eloquent! ROFL, remember the TellyTalk interview?
K: *makes a noise* Aa- *stops abruptly*
G: Boliye...
K: Nahi, nahi, nahi!
G: Boliye, boliye. Aap boliye!

I realised that we always get a treat when we least expect it. The ZRA promos featuring GK *ONLY*, GK/PV winning so many awards, a romantic GK/AarYa performance, the off-screen footage and finally, the dhamakedaar ILY promo!   

So true! Good things tend to fall into one's lap when they're not even expected at all! That promo especially!
I hope someone shares the promo ASAP because I am dying to see it!   

Me tooo! πŸ˜† 

EDIT - 
Were Gurmeet and Kratika thumbs-up(ing) each other at 7.27?! 😲 I totally missed that! πŸ˜² How cute! β˜ΊοΈ 

It looks like it kindasorta, but I think that was just their hand position while they were transitioning into another move...

Another response on the way, Anu...
This content was originally posted by: Euphoria.

Borna, it's not just us who find this pairing unique. I know many still run after those couples with PPC *hope you remember what that stands for since YOU came up with it! πŸ˜†*. Just recently, I was at another forum and they were discussing a trip-and-fall scene and how natural and beautiful it was. I wanted to comment on that post but stopped myself because it would have resulted in loads of arguments. πŸ˜† My mum was watching the Thursday episode on Friday, since the episodes air a day later out here, and throughout the episode, she couldn't stop smiling. She looks forward to PV every night because according to her, the chemistry between Gurmeet and Kratika is refreshing. Oh and she couldn't stop praising Kratika for her natural acting and her beauty. She was also giving me competition in chasing after Gurmeet. πŸ˜† But my point is that it shows that we do not find them different because we love them and are biased towards them, everyone else does as well, unless someone refuses to admit it. I am so happy that GK are in true means re-defining chemistry and I hope this would be recognized by more in the future. 

ROFL at me remembering what PPC stands for! πŸ˜† Of course I remember! If I didn't, that would've been so very sad since PPC couples are the order of the day in "romance" shows. Oh, now I'm curious about that other forum and what you wanted to say...*whispers* PM!

Oh, your anecdote about you and your mom is so sweet, Anu! 😊 I do think that PV has found a very solid fanbase beyond the virtual world - even though people on forums and FB are naturally a part of the real, physical world, they're not the only ones out there who watch these shows! The fact that your mother finds the chemistry between Gurmeet and Kratika "refreshing" is a huge compliment to the writers, directors, and actors - without any of them, Yash and Aarti wouldn't be what we know them to be. People have a tendency to glorify the actors only, without realizing that it is the writers who script out most of the nuances that the director and the actors bring to life...The calibre of a director and the actors is what makes those written nuances come out and touch the viewers - like Kratika said, the director puts soul into the characters...I have seen shows where there is a ridiculous imbalance in emphasis on characters (basically "the leads" versus "everyone else in the cast") and in those cases, the "ignored actors," if they were decent actors and really understood their characters, were able to maintain some sort of continuity until the end, but there's really only so much that an actor can do if there's nothing to work with.

Sorry, I just went off on a tangent there! Where was I? Oh yes, refreshing chemistry! I have often wondered why I don't see most of the PPCCs as "OMG, they're so amaaazing and romantic!" but I have obviously reached a point where I can't live with PPC as a driving factor when I'm watching a show. Some people can't see chemistry between Gurmeet and Kratika, but I don't think those people realize what sort of relationship the characters share in the show.

About the passion between them once they are done dealing with the baggage of Aarti's past, oh gosh, you did not just mention that! I can't wait for that stage. Kratika is probably right when she says that there won't be any cringe-worthy intimate scenes. There may be passionate scenes between them but I am sure that the Mittals would portray it so tastefully that we could watch it with our entire family and still not feel uncomfortable. πŸ˜³

I didn't mean to cause a heart attack, but since that seems to happen anyways when it comes to Yash-Aarti AND GK, I'll just give you a πŸ˜› in response! I totally agree about the passionate scenes that we've seen and will probably be seeing as things progress. At this point, as I'm typing, I'm thinking of the Hui Main Parineeta sequence and the recent Aur Paas ZRA promo. The song in the former wasn't my favorite but that's just because of the way it was recorded for the original film it was used in...The poetry of the song, which is why the PV team picked it, I'm assuming, is beautiful and that's the main reason I loved that sequence in the show. Aarti's face, described in poetry from Yash's point of view as he's swept away by silent beauty that fully awakens the half-dormant desires within him...The final edit of the ZRA was definitely meant to communicate soft sensuality, but the way they emphasized Yash saying "Aur paas..." and then inhaling when he puts his head close to Aarti's...I was honestly quite surprised that they did that! The beauty of PV's romance is how they don't really dwell on such moments as such. There's detailing and microdetailing, but those things aren't thrown into the viewers' faces.

Posting this here because:

1) That picture made my jaw drop. Such a stunning close-up!
2) This is Kratika. Enough said. But...She's also talking about Gurmeet. More than enough said!

Post shoot, Gurmeet usually keeps to himself: Kratika Sengar

Kratika Sengar rose to fame with her brilliant performance in Jhansi ki Rani and is currently seen as Aarti in Punar Vivah (Zee TV).

She entered into a candid chat with Tellychakkar.com.

Shared Kratika "It's amazing to work in Punar Vivah. I remember I was initially criticized as I had done Jhansi Ki Rani while Gurmeet (Yash) was very famous after having paired up with Drashti Dhami (in Geet). Naturally, people were quite apprehensive as to how will Aarti and Yash pair up. But thanks to the audiences, they have accepted our jodi (pairing) quite well and we have got a couple of Jodi awards too. Talking about me, I am a total extrovert and am quite mischievous."

"Further, my bonding with Gurmeet on the sets is quite good. I am highly inspired by him since he is a very down-to-earth person. He is also very professional and hard working. He worked really hard during his Jhalak days. He has one more amazing quality and that is he is a prankster who never gets caught. The entire unit bears the brunt of his deeds as he is very serious and that's why we can't make out that he is the master mind behind pranks. Otherwise, post his shots, he mostly keeps to himself," Kratika ended.

Keep the spirit alive, Kratika!!!

(Article from TC on December 2, 2012, IST)
1HappyGrl thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Thanks for posting that, Borna.  What a pic of her!  She looks beautiful.  And what she says about Gurmeet is sweet.  Why am I not surprised he's a prankster!  πŸ˜†  Their friendship/working relationship is adorbs. 

I've been trying to catch up with the last couple of pages.  This thread is always such a fun read!   πŸ˜ƒ
FireLordPhoenix thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Jyo - Thanks for Kratika's performance promo. She looked very graceful and divine. And also thanks for the curtain raiser. I just watched Kratika's part, Ankita's part, and the GK part. Gurmeet and Kratika were so cute and funny in their segment with Kinshuk. Kinshuk is adorable and I loved his and Gurmeet's little dance as 'Aartiji' and Yashji. It was hilarious. 

Borna - Loved your commentary. It was great to read especially since I didn't watch the entire thing. I don't when the ZRA will air in New York but it's certainly not on December 2nd. Just today on Saturday we saw the ZRA nominations special. I loved watching Gurmeet and Kratika on their promotional event in Delhi, even if I already saw it. They were the best part of the entire nominations special.

Anu and Borna - I was just thinking yesterday about how Gurmeet and Kratika were redefining chemistry. They are not like the PPC couples that plague the TV today. Honestly I don't recall many such couples on TV. Oh and Anu which other show are you talking about? I was thinking of that other one on Zee but then I don't think that's it. 

Kirthi - Something I wanted to know was why actresses her weren't stick thin referred to as Auntyjis? Kratika has become so fit and toned and if someone dares to call her an Auntyji, I demand a definition and an explanation from them for what in the world is considered an Auntyji. How did that even become an adjective for some people ? 

All- For those of you who do get to watch the performance tomorrow, could someone upload the caps from Kratika's and GK's performance? I won't get a chance to watch it online until probably the end of December. But those caps would be more than enough for me to subsist on till I actually get to watch the performance. 
FireLordPhoenix thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Borna thanks for the article on Kratika. That close-up of her was beautiful. I love her eyes. That's the first thing I notice about Kratika. They have such intensity. I loved her candid conversation about Gurmeet too. Now I'm well prepared for the barrage of insults and bashing she will get because she brought up the name that must never be mentioned. I don't blame Kratika because she was only stating the facts and not saying anything bad, but I can tell how people will twist her comments once again to their benefit. Last time the same thing happened. It's Kratika, so I can't stay bummed for long. I love reading anything and everything about her, what a fabulous woman she is !