The Serial

||THE SERIAL - ARTICLES ARCHIVE|| - Page 5

Minionite thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago

TOI: Karan Kundra and I are just friends: Soumya Seth

Karan Kundra and I are just friends: Soumya Seth
Actor Soumya Seth clears rumours about her relationship with Karan Kundra, fashion trends on TV and more in an interview with TOI

Most actors have been visiting Ahmedabad frequently. How was your experience here?
Ahmedabad is a beautiful city and so is the weather. I felt as if I was in Chandigarh — this city is so clean. I found the roads wide and clean.

Apart from featuring in The Serial, one hardly got to see you on the small screen post your TV show Navya. What kept you busy during the break?
When do you do a daily soap, you work for almost 18 hours and that hardly gives you any time to relax. Post Navya, I spent quality time with my friends and family. I spent lot of time catching up with my friends at cafes, watching films and shopping. At home, I was pampered by my mom.

When you walk down the street, people mostly address you by your previous character Navya. Do you feel television actors lose their own identity?
I would say we actors are lucky to live so many lives. We rather have lot of identities. (Laughs) Recently, post The Serial, I was at a cafe and a bunch of girls called me Soumya — people do recognise us by our real names too.

Reports suggest that your new show Dil Ki Nazar Se... Khoobsurat is based on the story of Beauty and the Beast. Your comment.
Daily soaps can't be based on short stories. Television serials need to go on for a longer period. One can identify our show with Beauty and the Beast, but it isn't based on it.

In the show, you fall in love with a guy by just hearing his voice. In real life, can you fall in love without seeing the guy?
It is possible to fall in love with a voice or on social networking sites. In today's technology driven times, there are so many couples who fall in love just by chatting on the internet. As a kid I would always imagine certain RJs having certain personalities based on the voices I heard. Personally, I need to meet a guy before falling in love with him.

Tell us something about your equation with your co-actors Rohit Khurana and Abhishek Malik?
We have just started shooting since a month. Abhishek is nice and I love to pull his leg. I always prepare for my scene in advance and then add more lines while shooting — Abhishek really freaks out that time. As Rohit is a great actor, I like to observe him act.

In your show The Serial, it was shown that you are fond of actor Karan Kundra. Is it true in real life?
The show has a great concept — it's a part fiction and part real show. Karan is a great friend.I have seen several girls showing interest in him, but I am not one of them. We share no such romantic relationship. Raj Singh Arora, Karan and I have lots of common friends.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

payal_4 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
My link up with Karan Kundra not true: Soumya Seth
My link up with Karan Kundra not true: Soumya Seth

Soumya Seth in 'Dil Ki Nazar Se Khoobsurat'

Everything shown in the "The Serial", which focuses on the lives of some television actors, isn't completely real, says actress Soumya seth adding that her romance angle with Karan kundra is untrue.

Apart from Soumya and Karan, the show also features actors Sara Khan, Rohan Shah, Pooja Gaur and Vikrant Massey.

"There is some scripting in it because it is not a reality show. But the lines are kind of similar. It is based on our lives, but it is not our lives," Soumya, who started her television career with "Navya...Naye Dhadkan Naye Sawaal", told IANS.

"All of them are my friends but the link up part with Karan Kundra is not true," she added.

According to Soumya, 23, the show is based on the actors' lives but is not completely about them.

"It is, of course, on the lines of reality and our lives. We have always maintained that it is based on our real lives. But it is not our real lives," she said.

Soumya has hit the small screen in a new avatar as Aradhya in new show " Dil ki nazar se khoobsurat, in which she falls in love with the voice of a Radio Jockey.

payal_4 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
I am not dating Karan Kundra: Somya Seth
I am not dating Karan Kundra: Somya Seth
Somya Seth

Life is all about taking risks for television actress somya seth.

"After 'Navya', when I was offered 'The Serial', I was quite sceptical about accepting the offer, mainly because it is not entirely a fictional show and had a lot of reality of the actors' lives," says Somya, adding, "I was scared about what my family and friends in Varanasi would think about me, seeing my personal life on TV. Varanasi is still not a city where people are so open minded. Of course, the show is scripted to an extent, but who is going to explain that to everyone? But I am glad that my dad supported me and asked me to say yes to such a show. He was okay with my personal life going on air because he trusted me. He was like, 'Somya, you don't need to give your character certificate to anyone'. I am so happy that I am a part of a show which was refused by so many actors."

But accepting such a show did come with its share of controversies. Somya is now being linked to top actor Karan Kundra. "No, I am not dating Karan. Yeh sab mere writer Vikas Gupta ke deeemag ki upaj hai. And why would I date Karan Kundra...uski life mein toh already itni saari ladkiyan hain! To be honest, I don't want to get into a relationship just now," she says. Ask her why not and pat comes a reply, "Simply because I'm not ready for a heartbreak. I don't want my first relationship to go wrong and then, baad mein main us ladkey ko galiyan ya baddua doon. I am too scared of all this and I have seen my friends go crazy once they fall in love. Shuruaat mein toh sab theek rehta hai baad mein pata nahi achanak sab pagal ho jaate hain. I will fall in love with the guy I will get married too, who will be my parents' choice and not mine. I have given this responsibility to my parents to look for a suitable groom for their daughter."

The TV actress is focussing on her career just now and says she feels she's God's special child". "Seriously, God has been extra kind to me. Ek serial khatam hota nahi, doosra offer aa jata hai.After Navya ended, I thought I will sleep for 14-16 hours. Magar aisa nahi ho saka. I got The Serial and soon after that I got Khoobsurat," she says, adding, "In fact, I had initially refused Khoobsurat as I didn't like the script, but to my surprise, the production house actually changed the script for me. I was like 'Hey bhagwan!"'

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tv/I-am-not-dating-Karan-Kundra-Somya-Seth/articleshow/18880372.cms