ra-poo thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
Raj Singh Arora

A page from the personal diary of Raj Singh Arora

Hello everyone... This is Raj Singh Arora reporting. Compliments of the season! Hope you'll had a rocking Diwali.

Let me befriend you by giving some information about myself. I was born in Jammu and raised in Mumbai. Having finished my schooling from Lawrence School, Lovedale, I completed my law from Symbiosis Law College, Pune.

Later I shifted to Mumbai to try my luck in television. And since I always wanted to become a VJ, also gave auditions for MTV VJ hunt but I lost by a 0.1 chance.

One day, Nakuul Mehta, who is seen in Star Plus's Pyar Ka Dard… currently and also happens to be my father's friend's son called me over for lunch. Since he knew that I was immensely interested in television and wanted to make my career in it, he gave me the telephone number of one casting director who was involved in a new show called Remix for Star One. Seeing an opportunity knocking on my door, I appeared for the audition and by God's grace got selected for the role of Yuvi. This is how I did my first television show.

After Remix there was no looking back for me. I did Kahani Ghar Ghar ki and FOUR. Additionally, I did more than 30 advertisements for many big brands like TVS Scooty, Reliance Big TV, Mountain Dew, Mc Donald's, Mcvities biscuits and Nestle Munch.

Recently, I did an ad for Maruti.

Emboldened by my success, I tried my luck in films and did a couple of them. One of them is Teri Meri Kahaani and I will also be seen in upcoming Vivek Oberoi-starrer Jayanta Bhai Ki Luv Story.

Well, till now, my journey has been great but for this, I have struggled a lot. One thing that I must admit is that all the characters I played are very close to me. On the whole, I would say that I love to be before the camera, no matter if it is television show, advertisement or a film.

On the personal front, I am a big-time movie buff. I have a collection of more than 3000 DVDs. By this, you can imagine how crazy I am for cinema. I also love photography.

My best moment of my life was when I bought a new house for myself. It was a really a proud moment for me.

Well, well, this was the journey in a nutshell. Thank you everyone for loving me. Soon you will see me in Channel V's upcoming show The Serial.

Till then… bye.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Minionite thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
Once again, please provide a link as to where you got this from and TC articles aren't allowed on IF.

Channel V DT