Posted: 11 years ago
We coolbies on the Channel V and Life OK forums have come together to make this thread because we aren't being given the justice we deserve. We keep being told different reasons for no Viewbie promotions in these forums, yet none of these reasons really make sense.

Since we've been told that Viewbie promotions are not needed in these forums, then should we as coolbies only do what we're required? Should we stop maintaining the archives, conducting contests/games/member of the week, cleaning up the forum, and maintaining the forum as per IF rules? And not bring any disputes/violation happening in the forum to mod's attention?? Maybe we should do only what coolbies are supposed to do and that is WUs. Because we are doing all of this work and we don't get the fair share of our hard work.

We are told that our forums don't have enough activity, yet Sony TV forums, which are less active than our forums get Viewbies and we don't. Many Sony TV forums which are nearly 1 year old now only have 30 - 50 pages, while certain forums have way more than that. Amrit Manthan has 120+ pages, Hum Ne Li Hai Shapath has 50+ pages, The Buddy Project has 130+ pages, Humse Hai Life has 210+ pages, Surveen Guggal has 130+ pages, and The Serial, which just opened already has 2 pages. How is this less activity and traffic than Sony TV forums? Mostly channel V shows targets the youth and people do come on these forums but due to lack of mods and fan disputes the activities decrease exponentially and then the Higher DT's give us this statement that forums are not much active, but noone cares enough to give justice to our offerings and this is the bitter truth. Talking about life ok, this 1 year old channel has done exceptionally well... and if their IF ranking are compared with the sony forums then undoubtedly LO have more activity.

One point. Please stay off this topic if you want to get suggestions of PMing the links to be fixed to the CM or global mod or waiting for another promotion. New Cool Viewbies, this topic is not meant to question about your promotions. You all have worked for your respective section and you do deserve the token in form of promotions. It's just to make admins and the global mods think about the bias behavior towards us, as we tried to settle this issue through PM's but nothing helped and hence we are bringing this issue in public.

Edit: Please check pg. 20, post 2. Supriya ji has taken time out to clarify what we want.
Edited by Shreya_luvs - 11 years ago
I have noticed this shreya not going to name forums but forums with really less pages do have viewbie s. Come on every one works hard so why cant they be awarded?? Pl assign viewbie s for life oki channel v and even sab tv.
Though am not assosiated with any of the forum still this type of partiality is something which I wont support. I mean I have been a part of HHL forum for sometime and I have seem people actually working there to maintain the forum. A lots of fight have been there but people have very politely solved all those and even the TBP forum is a lot maintained. Whereas when I see other few forum where there is nothing worth moderarting still people are promoted. Not that they dont work but people in Channel V and Life Ok forum work too. Not that the people are jealous but bit dis-satisfied, about whats happening. This is a unfair game being played what so ever the reason may be still I do wish people get the promotion they deserve.

Wow never thought that the Gms/Cms can be so unfair!

I think everyone deserves to be treated fair cause i'm from the TBP forum and I have always admired the Coolbies whether its Aanch or Khushi all i have seen them doing is making the forum a better place which i know all of you do and you guys deserve to be promoted cause you guys work very hard and none of you deserve bias behavior so i request the higher DT to be fair and give promotions.

Edited by ..Babydoll.. - 11 years ago
I'm not a Coolbie but have to say when Aanchal sent me the PM, I just had to comment! I'm not sure about others but I've seen Aanchal helping out the forums (and I mean different FORUMS) and she's only a coolbie? Yes, members on ChannelV/Life OK needs more recognition!
I will come back to this thread in a bit to express my views.

Got to take care of other business first though.

Aanchal thanks for the PM! :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDITED: I'm not too familiar with the forums that are in concern for this thread. But I do agree that COOLBIES in general should be given more rights than they are bestowed upon currently. I was the first to be promoted to the COOLBIE position for Yahan Mein Ghar Ghar Kehli. Despite working hard after the forums I was never promoted to become a Cool Viewbie. However, my other fellow Coolbie (who earned that position after me) did get the promotion. But I am not complaining because she deserved it. She deserved it more than me to be frankly honest.

I know all coolbies work ridiculously hard trying to keep their forum active. But being promoted to a higher position has a lot more to it then just helping and maintaining the forum. So many people deserve to be promoted, but there is only so many people that can be promoted. I've always wanted to moderate a forum like the BW section or the YMGGK section (when the show was still airing). But I never got that chance. I feel that maybe I never got that chance because I hadn't been doing enough to earn the higher DT position. It is what it is. Hopefully one day I'll see my name in 'blue' or 'purple.' One can only wish right? 😆

But going back to the coolbies, yes they should be having more rights. I know I was explaining by the higher DT as to why the coolbies have the right they have. I understood too, but it would be really nice if they looked into this matter.

Soon to be birthday girl (Radha) & birthday girl (Melz), thanks for your replies and hopefully some action that is deemed appropriate is taken! :)
Edited by Cutiepie Rani - 11 years ago
Although m not coolbie but i understand ur problem n support u all !!!! Actually m here coz of Asmi ( i fully support her) n tenx for PM :) Edited by gal.angel - 11 years ago
i so agree... there are forums which are not active and have a large DT while coolbies are deserving for channel v at least... i am a very active member on hhl forum and i do see coolbies working to maintain the place...

i hope this post is brought into notice...!
Shreya I am with you 😳 

1. i want to know why we never get promoted??? i was doing for so many forums.. firstlty it was Riston ki badi prata forum (colors) when i asked for promotion for that forum i was said that forum is not active it is still on 50 pages i said okay but was there in the forum maintaining clean and peace till the show end 
  2. Then saas bina saasuraal forum where again i asked for promotion i was told again that forum is not active i said okay and still was there doing all work that is of viewbie reporting unnessary post/MOTW/GOTW/sticky/unsticky then that show get finished i switched to 
  3. Diya aur baati hum (star plus) was totally active in that forum i was almost 24x7 there doing totally active posting NL/MOTW/GOTW reporting post/sticky/unsticky to nadia di (she was channel moderator) This was the forum where i was more active then any forum but they promoted someone else only cuz she was already viewbie (No issue with her but problem with Admins 😒
  4. The fourth forum of mine was hongey judaa na hum 
  •  After seeing new promotion list i get so so upset like all the forum get promotion are totally in active ie. hongey judaa na hum,kiya hua tera vaada,Parvarrish all these forums are inactive.. sriously why??  am really really upset feel like crying why our hardwork get wasted always? why? please answer me please
PS: New Cool Viewbies, this topic is not meant to question about your promotions. You guyz did your best with your forum and you get promoted but we didn't get the justice while doing the same things and wating for almost 2 years 
Edited by Natasha... - 11 years ago
they r doing their duty properly so they shud be promoted!! 👍🏼