Posted: 11 years ago
I am with you on this Shreya, I hope this gets notices by GM team.😊
Hey guys,

I can understand that many are upset that promotions didn't go the way they might have hoped they would but please understand that just because you help out around a forum does not mean that are guaranteed a Viewbie spot for that forum. Like Radha and Melmel mentioned, this issue is being taken up by the higher DTs so please be patient.

By pointing fingers at the members [be it members who were not in that forum and were promoted or were from the forum already], you are not doing anything. Seek justice, but don't seek it by degrading other promotions which have happened and make those certain indivuduals feel bad.

By holding contests, games and whatnot, does not mean you are guaranteed an offer from the DT like I mentioned, it can also be from merely opening good discussion topics around the forum, and might not even have anything to do with the behind the scenes work.

So please calm down, give in your thoughts, your opinions but not on the basis that you degrade another Viewbie. The higher DT will try their best to give justice to all those members, and look into all those forums to see if a DT is needed.

Like I said, I am all in for you guys asking for promotions [where they are well needed and deserved] but I as a member, not as a DT member am not in for all the pointing of fingers, and hate coming in for other members who have been promoted.

~Shifali
Well I totally understand the situation coolbies are in not to forget that I too was a coolbie and was going through the same phase as you are going now, I too used to think that me putting all the efforts and in the end, someone else take the position who has not been in the forum, but to be honest, its not only presence in the forum, a lot of work is done back stage too, everyone who posts important topics arent always legible to beome viewbies or moderators, In my 6 years at India-forums, I had difficulty understanding the same thing you are having today, but promotions isnt just done for the sake of getting more and more people promoted, if that was the case all the coolbies would have been promoted, and not to forget that coolbies make important posts like MOTW, GOTW, DOTW only to be considered for promotion, you have also show a sense of responsibility over all I guess...it took me 5 years to get promoted, its wasnt a piece of cake...and remember always the people who are not in the front are behind the walls of the forums.
I understand what you're saying Erum and Shifali. I've seen quite a bit of it. But see we aren't saying that we should be promoted just because we open GOTW/DOTW/MOTW. Many of us often operate without a CM or a VB on our forums, which means we're doing the work of the CM and VBs without the rights of them. If we're doing so much, shouldn't we be given rights?

In my case, on my forums, I've posted warnings, told people to stop bashing actors, had to close topics that were bashing topics, PMed people who were still bashing and explain the rules to them, and so on. Yet I'm still having to PM Shruti or Mel or Minuu di to get topics closed because I don't have the rights. Or I've had to ask them to send WL warnings because I can't.

We're asking for those rights. And questioning those rights.
@ Shreya: Like Radha and Melmel are saying, wait for Melmel to discuss it with the Higher DTs and see the results. If there are any promotions left and that are well deserved and should be given, then I am sure they will discuss about it and resolve the issue. All I am asking for you guys is to give them some time.
@ Shifali: I'm more than willing to wait now. I would like this issue resolved once and for all for many of us. I have never been in a rush, but after seeing the latest round of promotions I was pretty hurt, hence the post.
Thanks shifali and erum for replying.. I agree with shreya that we are not asking for promotion because we post GOTW/MOTW/DOTW.. No not at all.. In my forums i use to report the unnecessary/bashing posts.. Tell about the sticky/unsticky/close topic.. Try to make forum clean and peace and all the thing that viewbie do..

Hope every deserving person gets a promotion soon!😊
@natuuu swetuu  @ shreyaa... i totally agreee with zoya and shefuuu

start workign behind the scene,who said you all to work upfront...did DT asked you to keep the forum clean...did they asked you to do the work not assigned for coolbie...did they asked you to take away the responsblity assigend to viebies and mods and made there work easy and take burden on yourself...and then you all complain... our hard work not been praised...stop complaning..chnge your wrongs make it right this time...stop beingin upfront...

again i will say same thing..you people are asking wrong rights...if this rights would have been for coolbies and all wouldnt it given to you all a long time ago btu rights has been given to DT's particular positioin because they deserve it and its there work to do it and abide by it...who ever doing work of all this postition is there own fault...

simple example... in a calss there is class teacher and she appoints monitor... but a student or a group goes out of way and do al the work of monitor and keeps the calss clen tidy decor with poters and chart students dress clean helping out class mates with work and all...solve issues with friends being nuteral... and then when reward time comes and the group thinks soem oen from our group will be nomainte and all then whose fault is it...the teacher will ufcorse gv all to monitor and if you think a monitor will stand and say its not me but this particular group or girl who helped me then you all should  think your self mental case...

stop asking things which are not for you...for god sake stop doing charatiresss...no one asked for it...no one...rather then blaming and asking 1st see where we all went wrong...start working behind the scene as ... for god sake they are so loud and clear and so outright shouting and saying clearly...stay behind scene work there..give effort behind scene not upfront...
Originally posted by *Shifali*

Hey guys,

I can understand that many are upset that promotions didn't go the way they might have hoped they would but please understand that just because you help out around a forum does not mean that are guaranteed a Viewbie spot for that forum. Like Radha and Melmel mentioned, this issue is being taken up by the higher DTs so please be patient.

By pointing fingers at the members [be it members who were not in that forum and were promoted or were from the forum already], you are not doing anything. Seek justice, but don't seek it by degrading other promotions which have happened and make those certain indivuduals feel bad.

By holding contests, games and whatnot, does not mean you are guaranteed an offer from the DT like I mentioned, it can also be from merely opening good discussion topics around the forum, and might not even have anything to do with the behind the scenes work.

So please calm down, give in your thoughts, your opinions but not on the basis that you degrade another Viewbie. The higher DT will try their best to give justice to all those members, and look into all those forums to see if a DT is needed.

Like I said, I am all in for you guys asking for promotions [where they are well needed and deserved] but I as a member, not as a DT member am not in for all the pointing of fingers, and hate coming in for other members who have been promoted.

~Shifali

No one is degrading we are simply saying a new person cant just be a DT of a forum! They are not active in the forum and are now the leader of the forum!

We can criticize the DT we have for the forums!!! They need to understand they are criticize not as in individual but as a DT and its not our FAULT but the higher DT's that they assigned the WRONG person!!

Stop taking it personal!

A unknown person cannot just turn up in ur house and say I'm the leader! This is not how a leader is made!

In regards to PKDH forum I know their are LOTS of members that can become a viewbie and  have created interesting posts and are always working hard to make the forum active and following rules!
So please dont give us STUPID and BASELESS reasons!
Accept the Fault and Fix it!

If you had the time to build the site. Give it time! One hour late an ADMIN can sleep! for that one hour can come and sort it out! We all take time out from our schedule and visit here!