Its so difficult to make a joke of urself ...

Posted: 11 years ago
To make others laugh is difficult...but to supply mirth by making a joke out of yourself is the hardest task yet...and I respect Karan Kundra for the same...

Clearly...whether we agree or not...he is the most popular actor of this show...and yet...definitely not the hero...to be honest...till now his character has won anything but respect...and it must be hard...really hard to leave yourself open for scrutiny...to be so brutally harsh and honest about one's shortcomings and failures...Karan is actually opening one of his worst personal wounds ever...(yes...that topic is scandalous...attention grabbing...a scoop...but nevertheless we cannot just call it a publicity gimmick...if he wanted to do that...he could have opened his mouth in the media months back when this whole fiasco erupted)...

He has the guts to come out in the open and admit...that he throws tantrums...is demanding...short fused..violent when angry...and plenty of other things...😆

Yes...Karan...not nice to know that you are all of that in personal life...but the best part...you are human...kudos to your brutal honest self portrayal...!!
Edited by eveline - 11 years ago
agree...

karan kundra has always been open about himself/
but there are few personal things like break-up with kittu that he didnt open up.. may be because it was not just about him, but kritika too.. so he must have kept it secret fro kritika's sake.. orelse he has always been open about his tantrums.
Originally posted by AquaNymph

agree...

karan kundra has always been open about himself/
but there are few personal things like break-up with kittu that he didnt open up.. may be because it was not just about him, but kritika too.. so he must have kept it secret fro kritika's sake.. orelse he has always been open about his tantrums.
I am pretty new here...just watched KMH 1 and 2 this month...and fell in love with both of them...so don't have much background about either...but in the glamour world where being fake is the by word...I loved this guy's honest self portrayal...yes...stars act pricey and high handed...he knows he's wrong...and doesn't shy away from pointing that out...

And about him and kritika...i trust karan to treat this volatile issue with sensitivity  and delicacy..I respect both of them tons for the way they have handled their break up...their silence...their mutual agreement to keep it personal...and how they have managed to remain good friends on top of everything else...hats off...( and of course I want them back together...desperately...😆)
Edited by eveline - 11 years ago
Karan had said we are gonna hate him in 'The serial'😆
I'm not a huge fan of Karan Kundra, but he's one of those guys that it is really hard to hate him

Despite, his tantrums, you can see that he has wounds and is hurt. He also has this charm to him, a punjabi munda with class and a broken heart all mixed in there makes for the perfect tragic hero, haha love it.

Also, I agree with you, kudos to him for doing this show!
I think all the actors, at some point of the story, are going to make joke of themselves...but is that really a joke?

I mean I wouldn't laugh or mock at Kundra's situation or even hate him. In fact seen from his point of view, he is very heart-broken. He hasn't said anything to his friends why him and Kritika aren't together...and so obviously all those thoughts are building up inside his head and making him more and more frustrated. It's just human nature to let that frustration out in the way Kundra did in this show.

So it just depends from what perspective you look at it.

See like rohan, if you see from a fan's perspective...you would be disappointed because you idolize that person and seeing him flawed is something very hard for fans to digest. I think the only actor so far who is mocking herself is Sara Khan.

Also talking about perspective, there is a narrator on this show who constantly tells us what is happening...what is his purpose and who is that narrator? Because otherwise, it would get irritating after one point of time. 
Edited by hey.bhaggu - 11 years ago
Originally posted by hey.bhaggu

Also talking about perspective, there is a narrator on this show who constantly tells us what is happening...what is his purpose and who is that narrator? Because otherwise, it would get irritating after one point of time. 
at the start of the show the narrator introduces himself as "samay"😆
Originally posted by hey.bhaggu

I think all the actors, at some point of the story, are going to make joke of themselves...but is that really a joke?

I mean I wouldn't laugh or mock at Kundra's situation or even hate him. In fact seen from his point of view, he is very heart-broken. He hasn't said anything to his friends why him and Kritika aren't together...and so obviously all those thoughts are building up inside his head and making his more and more frustrated. It's just human nature to let that frustration out in the way Kundra did in this show.

So it just depends from what perspective you look at it.

See like rohan, if you see from a fan's perspective...you would be disappointed because you idolize that person and seeing him flawed is something very hard for fans to digest. I think the only actor so far who is mocking herself is Sara Khan.

I did not mean the word Joke...literally...what I meant was maybe showing your true colors...knowing you are flawed...wrong somewhere...laying bare your soul..your worst moments you are so not proud of...opening yourself to others critical assessment...and judgements...its not easy...and I felt that till now Karan has not been a character that we can love...not the usual charming..lover boy...types at all...comparing him to rohan or raj...or billu...or even saumya and pooja...he is the one that seems flawed...and ofcourse there is Sara...but Sara seems totally scripted...she is obviously not playing herself..but Karan...we can see the truth in him...the reality in him...

And yes...we can see the pain he must have gone through...and its not easy to reopen old wounds...to go through that hell again...not being able to justify to the whole world that u acted like an ass...coz ur heart was bleeding ...

honestly looking at how rawly anguished he was about this break up...I feel there is still hope for them...if he felt this way...the feelings ran deep...real deep...
I was not a fan of his...and maybe still m not...but man...he has won a lot of respect from this viewer that's for sure...

About the narrator...I m njoying him...he adds a dash of much needed humour in this real show...😊
yup karan kundra is always open abt himself...he must be hurt with their issue
so far i am enjoying show and wish it continues this way😳

agree with hey.bhaggu abt sara...other than her all seems to be nice