Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 11 years ago
aamir khan and thriller !! very excited😃
DB_reloaded thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

Talaash – Khiladi 786: Screen Count and Runtime

Khiladi 786 - Talaash

It will be a treat for moviegoers in the coming week, as two big movies are set to release back-to-back – Aamir Khan's Talaash and Akshay Kumar's Khiladi 786. The former a multiplex film for the so called 'classes', while the later is targeted mainly at the 'masses'.

Both films will have a similar 2500 screen release, about the same as Shahrukh Khan's Jab Tak Hai Jaan. Talaash will release on 525 screens in the overseas markets, widest ever for an Aamir Khan film.

The length of the two films is also quite similar: The runtime of Talaash is 2 hours 14 minutes, while Khiladi 786 will be 7 minutes longer at 2 hours 21 minutes. Both have been cleared by the censor board with a U/A certificate

DB_reloaded thumbnail

THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 29, 2012

Talaash Biggest Ever Release of Aamir Khan

So, it is official Talaash is going to be the biggest ever release of Aamir Khan worldwide. After 3 Idiots super success, it is well known fact that Aamir Khan is the biggest brand in India as far as audience good will is concerned. It is now showing in the final screen count also. As per latest info Talaash is going to release in 2500+ screens in India and 520 screens in Overseas. Thus, surpassing Aamir's 3 Idiots release which was around 1700 in India and 415 in Overseas.

With Talaash receiving outstanding advance booking last minute screens are added up. So, one can assume that by the end of Thursday evening Talaash final screen count might be around 2550-2600 range.

Aamir Khan film's known for better trending in box office then any other actor, even better than Salman's film which is ruling the box office now. If one assume that factor in mind with such widescreen release, just expect humongous numbers at the box office in coming days. Only dent is that Khiladi 786 will release the subsequent week which is also having huge screens of around 2500 all India and it will surely eat into the business of Talaash.
DB_reloaded thumbnail

Talaash is as engaging as a comedy or action film" – Reema Kagti

November 29th, 2012 by Joginder Tuteja

Reema Kagti at an event

I remember interacting with Reema Kagti years ago during the release of Honeymoon Travels Pvt. Ltd. What had immensely impressed me back then was the kind of self assurance that the young lady came with. Circa 2012 and absolutely nothing has changed about her. She was confident back then, she is confident even today. In the middle of this all, she has always made sure that this confidence never took the shape of 'over confidence'. With three superstars working with her, backing coming from a production house which is known for classy products and content that speaks of quality, Reema is back withTalaash.

An ensemble quirky affair like 'Honeymoon Travels Pvt. Ltd' and now a superstar suspense drama like 'Talaash' – It has been quite a journey, isn't it?
I will tell you what, my association with Talaash has it's origin in me being a complete film buff. I have enjoyed a variety of films while being exposed to distinct genres and settings. Therefore as a filmmaker too I aspire to be versatile. I don't want to be stuck with just one kind of film. Yes, Honeymoon Travels Pvt. Ltd was quirky whereas this is a suspense drama. The difference between the two subjects and the kind of treatment meted to them has been organic. Story of 'Honeymoon….' demanded certain kind of treatment and now Talaash has been completely different. So yes, it has been one fantabulous journey for sure.

However, while 'Honeymoon…' was a lot of fun with laughter all around, this one doesn't even have any of it's actors smiling, leave aside indulging in a light hearted moment. While it is understandable that you wanted to tell a different tale and in that there was no scope of fun and smiles, as a filmmaker did you find yourself suffocated by a barrage of emotions that 'Talaash' came with?
When you see the film, you would realise that it is not really dark. The unusual thing about Talaash is the kind of emotions that are on display. Normally in a commercial Hindi cinema, you see a light hearted feel good world around you. On the contrary Talaash deals with sadness and loss that the characters are suffering from. Now that was a challenge for me too as a director and a writer to make the proceedings entertaining and engrossing despite such a theme. Still, I can say with my head high that with the kind of subject that Talaash has, it is as engaging as a comedy or an action film.

That must have been the endeavour of Aamir Khan as well, isn't it? After all, he too would have wanted the film to reach out to the widest range of audience.
Well, I would say that each one of my three key protagonists has been able to get under the skin of the character. Aamir Khan, Rani Mukerji and Kareena Kapoor have been working for so long and they totally seeped themselves into the storyline. Whether it is Aamir or others, each one of them was able to make the film that personal with their performance. They made it way better than what was written on paper.

DB_reloaded thumbnail
Karan Johar ?@kjohar25

All the best @ritesh_sid @FarOutAkhtar and@aamir_khan...cant wait to see #talaash!!! Its smells of a super duper film!!!!

DB_reloaded thumbnail

Aamir urges fans not to reveal 'Talaash' suspense

Thursday, November 29, 2012 | 5:58:09 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)    0 Comments
Aamir urges fans not to reveal 'Talaash' suspense

Superstar Aamir Khan, whose new film "Talaash' releases Friday, has urged his fans not to reveal the suspense of the film in public.

talaash

Superstar Aamir Khan, whose new film "Talaash' releases Friday, has urged his fans not to reveal the suspense of the film in public.

"Hey Guys, 'Talaash' is releasing. Hope you like it. One request to those of you who see the film, please don't let out the suspense. Thanks! Lots of love," Aamir wrote on his Facebook page.

"Talaash" is a crime thriller and it is Aamir's first release after "3 Idiots", which released in 2009. The movie is directed by Reema Kagti and featuresKareena Kapoor and Rani Mukherjee.

Aamir is known for his innovative promotions, but this time actor opted for a more quieter way of promoting the new film. He felt extensive promotions could bring out the suspense of the film.