Devon ke Dev Mahadev

So Indra started it all - Page 4

DeewaniRimi thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
@Sia1 No dear. Indra is son of Aditi and Rishi Kashyap and Ahalya was mind-daughter of Brahma. They are not brother sister at all.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sia1 thumbnail
@mrmrfrevr not only we need to stand or our self even every one has to even boys mans...now we are educated...we need to changed our mindset.its new eara so we need to change according to that.for changing this samaj parampara everybody's support and contribution is needed and at least we should start from our self.dusare koi badalanese pehele khud ko badolo.respect the ladies who recedes with you, your sister,mother,grand mother aunt even your servants your neighbour woman.agar aap auratoko samman dene lage kal aapake dost denge paraso aur kuch log denge.so basically we need to changed first.we need to become nidar sahasi most impotent vinayshil.  Edited by sia1 - 11 years ago
sia1 thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: mrmrfrevr

@Sia1 No dear. Indra is son of Aditi and Rishi Kashyap and Ahalya was mind-daughter of Brahma. They are not brother sister at all.

ohh I forget...sab mixup ho gaya hein...
DeewaniRimi thumbnail
@Sia1 great words! I always try this and from today I will try this more strictly.  And once again great words and Thanks for taking a strong stand for women.🤗
MrToolConfuser thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
yaar, main pehle se hi respect karta hu, and after reading this thread i am respecting more.
But i don't know why sometime matter gets worse that people starts to blame a whole group for a single person.

Devraj was like that and it was a bad example, why we'll follow that?! Main thing is we have to change the mind-set by which the wrong points of views appears!
.Reshama. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
i have read the manu smirti in english about womanand it  really shocked me.. givin man such a negative message sheesh!!🤔
I also dont understand why these people dont use their brains and forget that woman is a creation of prakriti/shakti ...shame on them!!!
If man and woman are equal why do they treat woman like a low person.
The atma has no gender..its a gods gift...
if people discriminate they hurt god because god is in everyone and everything!!  enlightin me if am wrong.
Edited by .Reshama. - 11 years ago
shripadk thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: anu rulz

at risk of blasphemy, i respectfully disagree..even if it was for the "greater Good", not even God has the right to violate a woman's chastity..whether it was lust or duty, a woman was cheated and raped..and then later, we try to compensate by calling her one of the 7 pious women..why? because she was wronged and all know tht..same goes with Ahilya..for no fault of hers, she was punished..what was Vrinda's fault? tht she prayed for her husband??how was it not her duty? if she hadnt, she would have been blamed for not being "pati-vrata".. all through history and mythology, the woman has been blamed for whatever she does..remember the saying of "sita chup rahi to ramayan hua, draupadi boli to mahabharat hua" u just cant win...

I respectfully disagree. Your argument is flawed. You are equating God and humans on the same plane. Thats the biggest problem with stories... it makes God feel more human-like rather than the True reality. The biggest Truth is that God is genderless. What do you say about Ayyappa?? Hope you have heard of the story of Shiva mating with Mohini (Vishnu's feminine form) ?? In their "level" there is no male/female distinction.. there are feminine/masculine characters/gunas... they are not physically different.

Now when it comes to Vrinda.. lets assume Vishnu kept quiet and did not interfere. No one would be able to destroy Jalandar.. that would mean countless women raped/murdered at the hands of a demon... who is going to take the burden of those deaths??? Brahma? Shiva? Devatas? Vishnu?? Or ... Vrinda???

Vishnu might have had guilt that he did not act at the right time, but Vrinda would never be able to excuse herself for being the cause for countless women being raped/murdered. All it required was for Vrinda to yield to the fact that her husband was a demon who tortured others. Her selfishness made her blind to the sufferings of others.

This is a classic example to show that Bhakthi can be more dangerous than Tapasya. If with Tapasya, you can attain boons to do both good and bad, you at least leave behind loopholes so God can counter it. With Bhakthi, you can literally bind God. So even God becomes helpless in front of his Bhaktha. Vrinda misused her Bhakthi towards Vishnu. 

You also say that 'she would have been blamed for not being "pati-vrata"' < this is totally false. There are countless demons who have died at the hands of Shiva and Vishnu and i bet you don't know who their wives were :P No one blames them for not being "pati-vrata". Lets enumerate all demons in devon ke dev itself: Tarkasur (who was his wife?? no one knows, no one cares, no one blames), Bhasmasur (who was his wfie?? no one knows, no one cares, no one blames) and i can go on and on all the way till Vishnu's most recent Avatar of Krishna. No one remembers those wives nor do they blame them. So this argument is flawed too.

According to me, if Vrinda had prayed to Vishnu to give her husband a better brain rather than asking for his health, she would have never suffered like the way she did... Jalandar would have been alive and this world would not have suffered unnecessarily. 

Just because one becomes a Pati Vratha stree, she cannot overturn the fact that Good has to triumph over Evil. That is going against Nature. What Vrinda was doing was indirectly evil... by protecting her husband, she was promoting evil. At least i hope you don't say otherwise.. supporting evil is as bad as doing evil. However, Vishnu chastising Vrinda did not result in any evil.. Vrinda marries Vishnu in her next birth (Tulsi Vivah) and thats the end of story. In fact, I go on to say that its a great thing that when Shiva requests Vishnu, he took up the task instead of handing it over/passing the responsibility to anyone else... He knew the consequences of the Act and still chose to go ahead with it... He knew very well that he would be cursed and was ready to face that... He did not care about what the Universe thought/would think about the act because for him, his duty to protect the Universe was more important than his image/prestige/esteem. He did not do it in secrecy... he took the consent of his consort, the devatas and Shiva/Brahma before engaging in this act.. This kind of decision can only be taken by a God and not by mere mortals.

That way, one can argue that Shiva should have stopped Sati from self-immolation irrespective of any kind of obligations/situations... one can also argue that Ram should have not let Sita give Agni Pareeksha just because some people in the court doubted her character; why just that.. one can also argue that there should only be Good (suras) and no Evil(asuras)... these arguments are total nonsense and have no well-defined logic. When the people who went through this suffering have no issues with it later, we have no right to call it unholy and it will definitely result in blasphemy. Comparing it with Indra's case is even worse. Indra did it out of lust, for his own self. That did not result in Greater Good.

You cannot equate a Murderer with a Soldier. Both kill. But one is honored while the other is hanged. If you only look at the Act of "killing" then you should punish both. But the "reason" is more important than the "Act".
Edited by shripadk - 11 years ago