Views

Users

Frequent Posters

momma1128 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 11 years ago
Originally posted by: riti4u

Putting up Question for the day..?

Do you feel one closure to ASR's story could have been his belief in FATE or say GOD?

No.  Absolutely not.  ASR is westernized and I do not see that any closure would happen with this.  He does not believe in God or fate but he does not impose his belief nor mock anyone else's, so I think this aspect of his is perfect and fits the character sketch.

What I would like to see is him finding out that releasing that tape brought Kh to Dilli, but also brought Shyam to Khushi.  That is a double edged sword that I would love to see how ASR dealt with.  That was a huge thing not touched upon and the only person who knew this was Khushi.  This could have been tackled during shyam revelation, but PH really didnt want to tackle much of anything anymore.  It would be great to see ASR handle something like this in much more depth than how they dealt with your mother caused my mother's death (which wasn't dealt with was it πŸ˜†).

In the end though, I think ASR believes he writes his own destiny, and I think Kh thinks ASR does write his own destiny, except DM happens to write the same damn thing. It is a subtle difference but not one I think that I need closure on.

pinkeye thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: riti4u

<div></div>Waiting for your answer dear😳

ok my take on dis- i dnt think it wd hv been a closure fr ASR if he was turned into a god-believer. Its an individualistic
belief and nt necessarily it hs to be changed. It was never shwn wht ws teenager Arnav's thinking abt God and due to
Unfrtunate incidents he failed to believe in God at later stage. He only believed in his own doings and thought he is
writing his destiny. Bt he never questioned anyone else 's belief. He was firm on his belief without influencing others.
Fr me, to shw ASR turning into sumone who believes in fate and god, the makers shd hv shwn proper closure to
His troubled past which caused him dt non-belief. Arnav cuming to terms with his pain and dealing with it was very
hastily and half-heartedly shwn imo. If dt loop was closed properly, him believing in god wd hv been justified fr me
atleast. Regarding Khushi cuming into his life and bringing happiness to him and all games were played by fate, i think
Arnav knew it subcnciously or may be unknwingly without admitting it ever cnciously. ASR was way too egoistic to
think abt it even. Bt dis aspect cud hv been reflected at any point of time wd hv been a treat to watch fr viewers. Bt
kya kare- hamari adhoori kahani ban ke reh gayi yeh sab.

Sorry fr such a late reply.
rushshri thumbnail
kuch photo shoto ho jaye

subah phir milte hai nnarnav, sacchi mucchi.

nite niteπŸ₯±

momma1128 thumbnail
I had a question for ASR fans here -

How many of you would have wanted 'farak padta hain' track to continue?  Where do you think the story would have gone?

I didn't mind that the entire focus shifted to Akash and Payal marriage and getting them together but somehow I felt that is where the story lost it.  It was meant to be dark and in that shift, somehow, ASR started becoming too nice too soon and that is also when we were introduced to toing toing Khushi.   I enjoyed the arc the story was on.  ASR was hurt and he wanted to prove something to Kh, that she indeed cared for a 'rakshas' but that one introspection in the SUV ended that track and I wanted it to continue.

I think if it continued, we would see Khushi getting closer and closer to marrying Shyam and ASR pushing very hard for Khushi to acknowledge her feelings until ASR finds out about Shyam and then does the marriage by an ultimatum to Khushi involving money and her father or something other than Payash marraige - but it is steeped in deep hate and extreme conflict for Khushi.

I am not saying there were really good bits in the Payash track.  How ASR manaofy'd Mami is one of my most memorable moments, but the CV's started losing the characters from there.
--Anna-- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
After a long time back πŸ˜Š 

Riti, answer to your question - ASR's belief in God - the non existent one is something that I liked him for. Because even though he was not a believer of god - he was humane, he understood emotions and feelings more than anyone else - he was kind - yes a rash decision maker - but kind and selfless. The contrast was very well developed between Shyam and Arnav from this angle. Who is god!? God is not definable. God is supposed to be within us - and if we believe in us - that's about it. And ASR did believe in himself - and more than anyone - I think if I have to look from a viewers pov, his characteristics made him closest to god than anyone else in the show.

I am an atheist myself - I can relate to him. Belief in god or supernatural power as I like calling it - is believing in yourself and the one's around you. You can give any name - Ram, Allah, Jesus, - but at the end of the day - its all about you and your decisions. And for me ASR's inner soul - was his god. πŸ˜Š

sunaina02 thumbnail
Originally posted by: ipkkndfan30

ASR and his belief shouldn't change as per me. He is fine the way he is. Needn't show coversion of nasthik into a believer.  It just shows that whether you believe in God or not, one should be humane in nature.  I feel that is the very reason they showed the contrast in Shyam the religious villian and ASR the nasthik hero.  They also wanted to say that marriage needn't make a person change if he/she doesn't want to. Yet two contrasting individuals can fall in love and live together happily ever after.

I agree with you that the conversion from  nastik to believer was not  needed though i also anticipated that they would show something like this - Asr praying to devi maiyan for Khushi's life  - in the filmy way.

I personally do not like the overtly religious-ness that is shown on TV in geenral. Hence it was refreshing to have someone who is not religious or believes in superstition but just followed the social aspect of it .

I definitely woud not have liked that .
Edited by sunaina02 - 11 years ago
sunaina02 thumbnail
Originally posted by: momma1128

I had a question for ASR fans here -

How many of you would have wanted 'farak padta hain' track to continue?  Where do you think the story would have gone?

I didn't mind that the entire focus shifted to Akash and Payal marriage and getting them together but somehow I felt that is where the story lost it.  It was meant to be dark and in that shift, somehow, ASR started becoming too nice too soon and that is also when we were introduced to toing toing Khushi.   I enjoyed the arc the story was on.  ASR was hurt and he wanted to prove something to Kh, that she indeed cared for a 'rakshas' but that one introspection in the SUV ended that track and I wanted it to continue.

I think if it continued, we would see Khushi getting closer and closer to marrying Shyam and ASR pushing very hard for Khushi to acknowledge her feelings until ASR finds out about Shyam and then does the marriage by an ultimatum to Khushi involving money and her father or something other than Payash marraige - but it is steeped in deep hate and extreme conflict for Khushi.

I am not saying there were really good bits in the Payash track.  How ASR manaofy'd Mami is one of my most memorable moments, but the CV's started losing the characters from there.

Though I would have liked the fadak padta track , but I woud not have wanted Shym in the drama . I would have prefered ASR to stick to LA more to make Khushi jealous .
Khushi is the kind who would not be jealous becuase LA is getting more gifts , she would have felt the the pangs of jealousy more  if ASR had pretended that he was enjoying La's company .
Edited by sunaina02 - 11 years ago
sunaina02 thumbnail

One more point -  according to me it was essential to show ASR being nice to Khushi during Payash marriage track  so that his evilness during the forced marriage would be more vivid.

rushshri thumbnail
Morning guys...doses from mamr

I owe nothing except him. πŸ˜†
rushshri thumbnail

Today's question of the day ...

Do you think character like ASR is butchered while transforming to Arnav????

Edited by rushshri - 11 years ago