Celebrity Fan Clubs

Arnav Singh Raizada - The Virtual Star - Page 97

mpk2011 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
This content was originally posted by: --Anna--

Transformation of ASR to Arnav was inevitable - however what was needed was a balance between the two facets of the same person - where the Creatives messed it up. ASR's character from beginning was manipulative, sharp, intelligent, shrewd - i.e  a hard exterior - with a soft interior. True - one day we all knew Khushi would break into it and bring the soft ASR out! But what came out was a puppet to Khushi's nautanki. 🤢 ASR and Arnav merging for Khushi - still acceptable - but for the whole story line where he was nothing but a love sick puppy - Nah! That was so not ASR. I cannot digest he made Jalebi for Khushi 😡 I cannot digest that in his love for Khushi he forgot that Shyam existed...I cannot forget THAT HE forgot his past just like that! Too much of butchering just to satisfy the fan base nothing else. 😡

The creatives forgot the epic character they had sketched and killed it slowly and steadily till it was unbearable! 

Very well and exactly said 👏

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

riti4u thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7

For Earlier Question - I guess shyam's revelation was done at right time specially for ASR...as that was point where  it had to hit him hard.. and situation had to be such which would pave way for forced marriage..firstly it was wedding occasion.. and somewhere it had same impact on Arnav which an earlier wedding occasion of his Di had...difference being their - culprit was his father...and victim was his mother who committed suicide...here it was shyam the culprit and victim was his sister...he had to force khushi out of way of both Shyam -Anjali so that Anjali doesnt meet the same fate... that way ..turning point was bang on for me...😊

riti4u thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7

Regarding today's question by rashmi di ..

Transformation of ASR into Arnav..- Well my biasness was so much with character that I always found an excuse to still love him in whichever avtaar...but yes jalebi making was the last thing that I could handle...😆 ..somewhere in middle also...I dont know when they made arnav so dumb that shyam cud so easily kidnap him...I mean with regard to shyam...all of sudden ASR's brain went for vacation... and in later stages..he was in so much love..that he used to say sorry all the time.....I didnt like that at all...
rushshri thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
This content was originally posted by: momma1128

I had a question for ASR fans here -

How many of you would have wanted 'farak padta hain' track to continue?  Where do you think the story would have gone?

I didn't mind that the entire focus shifted to Akash and Payal marriage and getting them together but somehow I felt that is where the story lost it.  It was meant to be dark and in that shift, somehow, ASR started becoming too nice too soon and that is also when we were introduced to toing toing Khushi.   I enjoyed the arc the story was on.  ASR was hurt and he wanted to prove something to Kh, that she indeed cared for a 'rakshas' but that one introspection in the SUV ended that track and I wanted it to continue.

I think if it continued, we would see Khushi getting closer and closer to marrying Shyam and ASR pushing very hard for Khushi to acknowledge her feelings until ASR finds out about Shyam and then does the marriage by an ultimatum to Khushi involving money and her father or something other than Payash marraige - but it is steeped in deep hate and extreme conflict for Khushi.

I am not saying there were really good bits in the Payash track.  How ASR manaofy'd Mami is one of my most memorable moments, but the CV's started losing the characters from there.

I have no different opnion than you. I have said many times earlier "farq padta hai" track is my fav track, the best track in the whole life of IPKKND.

I wanted intensity to continue, i loved the restlessness, loved the dialect everytime when he used to say "I hope tumhe farq nahi padta" and those gulps of pain, expressions with wet eyes, those were touching all cores of your heart.

Khushi on the other hand having mixed feeling of jealousy and pain when she used to see them together, the breaking of her layer by layer and with every layer something pinching ASR deep inside, it was all so worth watching.

Your part of story is a bang on, wish we few are cvs of IPKKND😆, story would have been better and added advantage, we got a chance to be close to our Mr. Right😉. *Sigh*. 😆

If you are asking personally I never wanted that track to end. that track had the potential to get the audiences hooked to the show. I think the story started diluting with swami track or with the track when they both went to Khushi, and we have seen all sanak of sanaka devi. Toing toing of khushi was going beyond limit and more than that, ASR in towel with soap all over (leave aside all deep pleasures😳), bathing out, doing work of mechanic repairing almost anything and more were the points when ASR downfall as a character started.

frankly speaking it was barun who kept me hooked.
bepatient thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: rushshri

I have no different opnion than you. I have said many times earlier "farq padta hai" track is my fav track, the best track in the whole life of IPKKND.

I wanted intensity to continue, i loved the restlessness, loved the dialect everytime when he used to say "I hope tumhe farq nahi padta" and those gulps of pain, expressions with wet eyes, those were touching all cores of your heart.

Khushi on the other hand having mixed feeling of jealousy and pain when she used to see them together, the breaking of her layer by layer and with every layer something pinching ASR deep inside, it was all so worth watching.

Your part of story is a bang on, wish we few are cvs of IPKKND😆, story would have been better and added advantage, we got a chance to be close to our Mr. Right😉. *Sigh*. 😆

If you are asking personally I never wanted that track to end. that track had the potential to get the audiences hooked to the show. I think the story started diluting with swami track or with the track when they both went to Khushi, and we have seen all sanak of sanaka devi. Toing toing of khushi was going beyond limit and more than that, ASR in towel with soap all over (leave aside all deep pleasures😳), bathing out, doing work of mechanic repairing almost anything and more were the points when ASR downfall as a character started.

frankly speaking it was barun who kept me hooked.

I don't know Rashmi but I liked the GH experience. 

The comedy in Gh with Arnav fixing the generator, putting the ac, trying to adjust and understand how the other half of the city lives, the pbms they encounter in day to day life or during a marriage, his nok jhoks with khushi in the bed, bathroom, kusti walas, him showing his soft humane personality which doesn't apply the same hatred to the people (khushi's family)  connected to the person he hates (khushi) , him giving respect to the gh elders, helping with the rent and provisions for the gh all were very appealing to me. 

I felt that part was very much needed to make audience understand that ASR is not all rude,arrogant,ordering, rich guy but a normal human who has a very kind heart which makes a very clear distinction of right and wrong.  His heart and mind are very clear and that is the reason he didn't hurt GH elders inspite of him believing that khushi is characterless !!

I didn't like Arnav unable to decipher shyam's plans and having to rely on khushi for all ideas from the month august onwards. 
momma1128 thumbnail
^^^
Can I point out that what you liked was ASR's behavior during GH track whereas the complaint about that track was the absolutely cringeworthy OTT of Khushi - who should have been displaying a whole different set of emotions.  This is when people left the show.

I have to say, even when the script did not support it, Barun did show a connectable side to ASR.  I assume that is because he could not play him without finding something to cling to and portrayed that trait so the audience could relate.
Channa_mereyaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: riti4u

Regarding today's question by rashmi di ..

Transformation of ASR into Arnav..- Well my biasness was so much with character that I always found an excuse to still love him in whichever avtaar...but yes jalebi making was the last thing that I could handle...😆 ..somewhere in middle also...I dont know when they made arnav so dumb that shyam cud so easily kidnap him...I mean with regard to shyam...all of sudden ASR's brain went for vacation... and in later stages..he was in so much love..that he used to say sorry all the time.....I didnt like that at all...

i agree to it. i know as story goes on character growth is also there but you cannot change the whole premise of the character. what struck me the most was asr reaction to the dna test done by khushi?😕 i mean dna test is not a blood test🥱 and you just move on aise hi. he should have atleast confronted her but at that time they have made asr which can  give a tough competition to all the bahus of sp🥱 everytime sorry and smiling .
anyways still it was due to barun acting power that still the creative couldnt completely butchered it and bs left the serial at the right time nai before they  could have made arnav saying hey devi maiya everytime after the jalebi cooking😆
momma1128 thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: rushshri

Today's question of the day ...

Do you think character like ASR is butchered while transforming to Arnav????

Glimpses of Arnav were always seen and I don't really think there was a transformation.  There was a revealing of Arnav more often at home and in front of Khushi.  ASR succumbed to his love of Khushi.  I don't think that is when his character (Arnav included) was butchered.  It started during kidnapping track when his brain was also held in captivity and not released until months later when he discovered that Shyam and Dadi were in cahoots.

When ASR came back and Shyam was kicked out, it was very clear that a creative struggle was going on.  Considering everything that ArHi had gone through to be together, nothing made sense that happened afterwards, not wanting to be separated, not wanting to walk away, not bringing back - NONE OF IT.  It was as if the kidnapping and the emotional awareness that happened during that track didn't exist and we were back to "I need to be remarried to prove that you love me and I love you and adhere to a contract" - totally ridiculous and I am assuming forced by the channel since the contract aspect of the forced marriage was their idea.

ASR dimaag and essence returned with Dadi.  i did enjoy that and I was looking forward to it until of course, the CVs ruined it all by ASR introducing DKS track and the ridiculous remarriage because we are adha pati patni who nearly died trying to save each other 🤪.  There was no more ASR for me or Arnav for that matter, the day that Shyam came back into the house.  When everyone else turned on ASR and wanted to bring back Shyam and disregard his feelings and when Khushi did the same, betrayed him and ASR said oh okay, it's for Di.  That is the day he was butchered and gone because a cornerstone of ASR is that no one makes him do anything against his conscience and when he is right he is right.  The CVs diluted everyone's morality in order to bring back Shyam and when they did that to the male lead who lived by his moral compass, it destroyed him.

I never watched the show the same.  Dancing on ASRs grave was the towel dance - which I look at now and understand why I see Barun and not ASR, because Barun knew that ASR would never do that shit so might as well have my own fun in my own sneakers. 

Edited by momma1128 - 11 years ago
vkp1989 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
i dont own anything.😃
pinkeye thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
@ all, the answers to both d questions were interesting,thoughtful and brilliant. I dnt knw hw mch left to say fr me.
Stil trying.

To the farak padta hain question-

yes d track cud hv been prolonged bcz by this track both Arnav and Khushi was realising dere feelings fr each other
which was in a state of cnfusion and denial befre dt fr khushi and Arnav respectively. Arnav hd dt fear or shd i say
insecurity regarding khushi going apart frm him by belonging to sum other man. He was denying dt khushi mattered
to him at emotional level b4 that. Khushi on d other hand was nt getting wht her heart was feeling fr d man who
was ruthless and said u dnt matter to me after sharing an intimate moment. The emotional turmoil and d portrayal
of it was at its best in dis track. Both were hurt,insecure, jealous and breaking little mre each passing day. This track
hd such an intense bckdrop which shd hv been extended as tht wd hv led to sum kind of outburst of any side. Both
were suffering being in love with sumone subcnciously whose feelings were unknwn. Both was expecting reciprocati
on of those unspoken feelings in sum or other way. In cntrast both resisted tht cnciously to break and pain each
other. They came closer by at psychological level imo. Beside all tht, i loved it and wd hv loved to c it mre.