DOTW-- Physically Seperated, Emotionally United

Posted: 11 years ago
Hellooo guysss, I'm here with this weeks DOTW!!!!

Now, don't run away screaming! Yess, it's another lambeee topic made by yours truly, but trust me, its not as bad as usual. It's my first DOTW so I would love it if we could have good discussions going on! You know me, I love a good discussion! And plus, this weeks been so exhilarating that there is just so much to discuss!!

Okay, on to the topic...

This week we saw two families's uniting... or well more like dissipating. Is there any truth to what Avantika presented? Can two best friends remain married with only friendship as the foundation? Is it necessary for two people to come from the same background?

One thing I've found interesting is how parallel Harish and Avantika's Jodi is with Adi and Pankuri's. Have you all noticed? During the same time Adi and Pankuri got married, Avantika and Harish too are getting roped into resolving their differences. They attend a counseling session, and later that night Adi and Pankuri also play a game similar to what Adi's parents did. Avantika and Harish go out for an "outing" Adi and Pankuri too go out on an "outing."

So what does this parallel relationship hold for them? Can Adi and Pankuri overcome their differences and set an example for his parents?

What will this 15 day separation entail? Will PaYa be able to prove Avantika wrong once and for all?

And where does Rubel come into play? Up until now he's not been of much importance besides his entry. Will his real intentions start now?

Questions, questions, questions!

Please PLEASE do share your thoughts on this, and you don't need to stick to this topic and question. Feel free to divert or include any other thoughts on PaYa and the happenings! But just participate!!! 

P.S. If the discussion doesn't interest you, at least post for the colorfulness na! 😉
Edited by sharna2k6 - 11 years ago
Am I the first to post? 😆

Well you got an interesting topic in here! Well my take on your first point. Let me twist your point abit. I feel that a good strong friendship should be there between a husband and wife. They can stay married but as the years go along, something more than this understanding of friendship would be there. And that would be love. Husband and wife cant just stay with love, they need to understand one another and be good companion like a friends are. (:

I definitely feel that Paya will be able to prove to Adi's mum wrong. Though Adi's parents do not share a good relationship, i think, Pankuri will be able to win over and guide Adi in the new way of handling relationship. I am very sure this jodi would be able to redefine the meaning of relationships and love and thus setting example for Adi's parents!

And Rubel is definitely taking after his mum. Lol, what he is going to do as a villain, only god knows. 😛

I do not know if whatever I have typed made sense. If you disagree with me on anything its okay, these are just my opinions na? :P Have a nice day ahead all of you!

And Sharna I like your colourful post alot! 👏

Love,
Sneha
This 15 day thing is not really well thought out by Avantika... they r already married... they wouldn't separate if they don't really hate each other...so what's the point? other than some sentimental/emotional moments for us.. the viewers...hehe... 

I want Avantika & harish to unite with some romantic scenes...😳

Thanks Sharna for this wonderful topic. Let me tell you just 2 lines about myself. I'm almost 40 and being married for the last 8 years. In real life I have always heard my elders saying 2 or 3 things about marriage. 1. Husband can turn out to be the best friend of his wife, but a best friend rarely turns out to be a good husband. 2. Saadi ke baad pati-patni ko akhir kar ek dusre se pyaar hohi gata hain. 3. If you are honest and committed to a relationship it will always succeed. From my real life experience I have found all these to be 100% true.

Coming to PAYA, I don't know how many of you will agree with me but Adi has been a caring husband all the way without realizing it. Keeping fast on Karwa-chowth for his wife, I dare question how many so called perfect husbands show the will and guts for that. He has taken tips from even stranger to become a responsible husband. His commitment toward Pankhuri and their relationship has been beyond any question. Till date he has never let Pankhuri down in any crisis situation. The ongoing dilemma in Adi clearly shows he wants to believe in love, but he fears if Pankhuri does not think the same way he might lose her, Particularly looking at his parents, who once loved each other, but now almost poles apart from each other. He does not want love to be the cause of losing Pankhuri. Adi's biggest problems has been Pankhuri actually being his best friend turned wife and secondly they have never stayed together ever since they got married. If you remember the scene at Harish's place when he locked the door to talk to Pankhuri, does any one of you think the look in his was for his best friend?... never.

Surely they will prove Avantika wrong. The main reason being Pankhuri herself. She is neither as rigid nor as impatient or snobbish as Avantika. She understands the real meaning of relationships. She is matured and the perfect counterfoil for Adi. PKDH is only a story but if we find any couple like PAYA in real life, take my words they will be one of the happiest couple you would have ever seen.

Thanks

Originally posted by shangawesome

Am I the first to post? 😆 YES! Congrats! First to post! 😃

Well you got an interesting topic in here! Well my take on your first point. Let me twist your point abit. I feel that a good strong friendship should be there between a husband and wife. They can stay married but as the years go along, something more than this understanding of friendship would be there. And that would be love. Husband and wife cant just stay with love, they need to understand one another and be good companion like a friends are. (: I agree completely. You can't just have one and not the other. A marriage, I'm assuming I honestly have no idea 😉😆, needs both love and friendship. But I feel that the friendship as a foundation for a marriage is a strong one. You need a strong base for a marriage, and with a strong friendship that will provide strong support to build on. But other things are necessary too, and that's where I agree with Avantika, she's right. Friendship isn't the only thing needed. You need love and adoration. Which right now, PaYa do not have. But I feel like thanks to the seperation, it will grow. If not for Adi yet, for Pankuri definitely. And maybe she'll finally confess her feelings.

I definitely feel that Paya will be able to prove to Adi's mum wrong. Though Adi's parents do not share a good relationship, i think, Pankuri will be able to win over and guide Adi in the new way of handling relationship. I am very sure this jodi would be able to redefine the meaning of relationships and love and thus setting example for Adi's parents! Agree 100% You've said everything I was about to! Adi is willing to change. His mindset is that way because of how he's seen his parents growing up. He's already changed so much, and not because he was forced to, but on his own!

And Rubel is definitely taking after his mum. Lol, what he is going to do as a villain, only god knows. 😛 I'm curious to see what ma and son duo do together. What kind of havoc will they create? Especially now with Pankuri living with them, and Adi nowhere near to protect her.. I'm scared for her!! I guess the Adi jealousy route will not be taken 😭

I do not know if whatever I have typed made sense. If you disagree with me on anything its okay, these are just my opinions na? :P Have a nice day ahead all of you! It makes perfect sense! And I loved hearing your opinions and thoughts! Keep discussing! 😃

And Sharna I like your colourful post alot! 👏 Haha, thank you!!! 😳

Love,
Sneha
Originally posted by superbuffon15

Thanks Sharna for this wonderful topic. Let me tell you just 2 lines about myself. I'm almost 40 and being married for the last 8 years. In real life I have always heard my elders saying 2 or 3 things about marriage. 1. Husband can turn out to be the best friend of his wife, but a best friend rarely turns out to be a good husband. 2. Saadi ke baad pati-patni ko akhir kar ek dusre se pyaar hohi gata hain. 3. If you are honest and committed to a relationship it will always succeed. From my real life experience I have found all these to be 100% true.

OMG, Thank youuu for this marvelous reply!!! I loved every word you said!! 👏👏 And I agree with you completely. Although I know NOTHING about marriage haha, but I feel like being honest and committed will ensure you to a successful marriage!

Coming to PAYA, I don't know how many of you will agree with me but Adi has been a caring husband all the way without realizing it. Keeping fast on Karwa-chowth for his wife, I dare question how many so called perfect husbands show the will and guts for that. He has taken tips from even stranger to become a responsible husband. His commitment toward Pankhuri and their relationship has been beyond any question. Till date he has never let Pankhuri down in any crisis situation. The ongoing dilemma in Adi clearly shows he wants to believe in love, but he fears if Pankhuri does not think the same way he might lose her, Particularly looking at his parents, who once loved each other, but now almost poles apart from each other. He does not want love to be the cause of losing Pankhuri. Adi's biggest problems has been Pankhuri actually being his best friend turned wife and secondly they have never stayed together ever since they got married. If you remember the scene at Harish's place when he locked the door to talk to Pankhuri, does any one of you think the look in his was for his best friend?... never.

Again, I agree with you 100% dead on. You're completely right. That's what separates Adi completely. He feels like he's not compatible to be a husband, yet he's doing everything correctly and on his own. No one is forcing him to do so but he's doing it by himself. Why? For Pankuri. Like you said, he's afraid that if he lets himself love her, they'll turn into his parents so for him, his biggest and most important type of relationship is friendship but he's fulfilling everything as a husband. He just doesn't realize his feelings because he can't understand what it means to be a husband, or rather he doesn't want to because of again, the negative stigma associated with love and marriage. 

Surely they will prove Avantika wrong. The main reason being Pankhuri herself. She is neither as rigid nor as impatient or snobbish as Avantika. She understands the real meaning of relationships. She is matured and the perfect counterfoil for Adi. PKDH is only a story but if we find any couple like PAYA in real life, take my words they will be one of the happiest couple you would have ever seen.

Completely right. She's not as stubborn as Avantika, and she's willing to compromise. Not only her, Adi too. They both complement each other even though they're opposites

Thanks

Originally posted by shesherkobita

This 15 day thing is not really well thought out by Avantika... they r already married... they wouldn't separate if they don't really hate each other...so what's the point? other than some sentimental/emotional moments for us.. the viewers...hehe...

Of course it's not well thought out! It's Avantika! She takes rash decisions out of anger! Like you said, it's working to our advantage because we get to see some intense scenes now! 😃

I want Avantika & harish to unite with some romantic scenes...😳

Dead on agree! I've always said it. Avantika and Harish are damn cute! I want more of their scenes as well. Their "outing" was sooo amazing!!! Loved it!
C;mon peopleee! Please discuss!!
Don't think that Adi and Pankhudi are so much opposites as have opposite type of upbringing.  Pankhudi has been taught to be part of a family and think of others and Adi to be an individual.  However he is naturally loving and caring of others and was very much impressed initially by Pankhu's large family and especially her grandfather - also is very close to his own grandfather and seems happy at Harish's house. 

I can't imagine that anyone much would be happy at the Diwan mansion as it was at the beginning.

Adi and Pankhu are already close and caring of each other.  Think he married her because he wanted to be with her and not just to make her feel better.
1) I do see truth in Avantika's statement because she's right. Friendship is essential but along with that love is much needed because love alone would bring out all the other qualities needed to support a marriage (trust, understanding, supportive and friendship ofcourse).
Two people can be alike or different but in my opinion it all comes down to if the two people are willing to sustain the marriage.
2) I think again it just comes to show that all relationships that are made of love are very similar it's just that the execution of the relationship and the people in it vary. I think that if Harish&Avantika resolve their issues in that same sense Adi and Pankhudi would become official as Adi does look upto his parents. Oh and yes I think Adi&Pankhudi will definitely set an example for Adi's parents.
3) After seeing Monday's episode, I am convinced he will mess around with Pankhudi for sure! Let's see, hopefully Rubel is used to his potential in the show as it doesn't look like that jealousy track is going to happen but you never know ;) 

-Although I must say so far the CVs have been treating this show in the right manner, hopefully they continue so and show us more of Adi. Just imagine the day when Adi confesses?!! High hopes from the CVs right now and hopefully we get to see some pining from Adi's side this week! Thanks again Sharna for posting this week's DOTW! =D