IMP! Fanfiction writers: Please read new rule!

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 11 years ago

Hello EHMMBHians 🤗

We have a lot of very talented writers on our forum and there are numerous things to read every day! I want to thank everyone for their hard work and the creativity they broadcast on the forum. 👏

That being said, the EHMMBH DT has decided to make and enforce some very strict rules to protect this very creativity. Due to the surge in plagiarism recently, we have been forced to take this step.

The following rule applies to everyone who writes or posts any fanfiction on the EHMMBH forum:
If the work is NOT written by you, you have to follow these steps to give credit -

1. At the beginning of the post, provide a link to the original work (no matter which site you found it on)
2. Credit the original author in the beginning of the post in a bigger or more bolder font than the rest of the post. This needs to stand out as compared to the rest of your post!

Furthermore, you can NOT re-post any fiction that has been shared on India-Forums without express approval of the original author (we will ask for PM proof). And even with permission, you have to follow the above steps!

If you fail to do either of these things, it WILL lead to an automatic WL raise, even for the first offence, without any further questions or explanations. I promise you that this rule will be very strictly enforced from here on out, so please take this seriously!

I know that this seems a little harsh, but it is something absolutely necessary! Plagiarism is not acceptable anywhere in life and can lead to major duress if you partake in it during your academic and professional spheres. While this is just an online forum, it still will not be tolerated!
Please respect other's intellectual property and give credit where it is due!

Regards,
EHMMBH DT
Thanks for posting, Gun! 🤗
Writer and readers, hope the rules are clear and will be followed :)
Thank you so much! Glad for this...I've seen work being copied on other sites without permission and that just ended in chaos with the author removing their works, or worse yet, their works being plagiarized...Hopefully this rule will have an effect...
Much needed!!
Thanks Gunia for putting this up <3
Thank u for posting .
Nice rule