Ek Veer Ki Ardaas - Veera

* DOTW-Infidelity is unpardonable *

hinz thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 9
Posted: 11 years ago

Hello Veerians and welcome the first DOTW of the forum
 ðŸ¤—

As the title suggests, infidelity is our topic of discussion...In his latest interview, the writer of Veera, Raghuvir Shekhawat said "Infidelity is unpardonable. Nevertheless Sampooran gives his side of the story as to why he fathered a child out of wedlock. It is up to the viewers to either feel empathetic towards him or refuse to pardon him." As a viewer, how do you feel about it?...what hat would you do and why?

Lets share our views for an interesting discussion

cheers
-Hina
-
Edited by hinz - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Krinya thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8
I wud like to come back to this topic after i see Veera and know what Sampooran wrote in his letter..

in general terms, it's entirely upto the wife to decide whether to forgive her husband or not...each situation is different but an outsiders viewpoint actually does not matter ..the person who's affected the most by it is the person's family so it should be their decision...

i always maintained that Ratan should have at least HEARD Sampooran's side of the story before passing any judgement...after that , her decision would be honored by one and all...as for taking care of little Veera,  she's an infant and insaniyat ke naate, she should show some empathy towards her...it must be really difficult to see tht child in front of her who destroyed her married life n bec. of whom her husband left ..but then, what was the solution to this? even Veera'a mom wanted to abandon her in orphanage but in India, it's like putting a child in hell...why give her this punishment? Amrita and Sampooran should be punished and they got their punishment...
Bhavanab thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
As said above the episode has to come up to decide to what extent was Sampooran right and whether what he did was right or wrong can't be justified ...
but otherwise speaking infidelity can't be pardoned unless if the other person's point of view is totally justified.
Ratan and Ranvijay's lives were totally dependent on Sampooran and anything wrong done by him would impact them and thinking he fathered a child out of wedlock would have obviously been devastating for Ratan thus the impact that is followed by one such act is what leads to what the director says "infidelity in unpardonable"
-GayabCat- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
will come back to this later
zeezee09 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Somehow, I must have missed the episode in which this particular letter left by Sampooran was shown. I am not sure when it was left and what explanation he gave to Rattan, other than  what little we know   about Veera's mother  wanting to be a mother and...whatever.

As far as forgiving or not is concerned, each of us have our own way to deal with situation like this. Rattan needs a lot of time to come in terms of her husband's betrayal  and also for running off like that.

The options are limited  for the writers, since the story is about a brother and sisters bondage which means there is won't be an adult in their lives. So Sampooran coming back now or in the near future seems very vague. I personally would not like to see him because he left the family saddled with a child. Did he not pause to think how they will manage life, in terms of finance. It will take a lot of time and soul searching to forgive this man (for Rattan).

I have a feeling that he will be back once Ranvee and Veera are adults.

SIP1997 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
For the moment I feel that no matter the reason Sampooran broke his marriage vows, I may feel different once the episode with the letter is shown, but still cheating is cheating no matter the reason and for the wife this is a bitter pill to swallow.

Let us see what is revealed in the letter and then we can decide if we can sympathize with Sampooran or not.
gabchoo38 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Zeezee09...the letter is not yet shown...On the way :-) Keep watching...
Krinya thumbnail
Originally posted by: sbp1971

For the moment I feel that no matter the reason Sampooran broke his marriage vows, I may feel different once the episode with the letter is shown, but still cheating is cheating no matter the reason and for the wife this is a bitter pill to swallow.

Let us see what is revealed in the letter and then we can decide if we can sympathize with Sampooran or not.

yes, he did break the marriage vows..but he's a human being...people  commit mistakes and they regret it, they r punished for it, the guilt might stay on forever n i think admitting ones mistake and living with it is the biggest punishment which Sampooran got..ppl. might not commit a mistake on purpose and if they do it n they dun feel guilty about it then it should be unpardonable...it depends on the ppl. involved and the situation they were in...just recently, Ratan said she knows she's done a "paap" by throwing the baby in the orphanage but she did it for Ranvijay, her son ! didn't she do  paap, whatever the justification was?? 
Edited by _charu_ - 11 years ago
hinz thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 9

I think I posted this discussion ahead of time...though the crux of discussion is infidelity, we'll have an important input once the letter is shown...

I agree that it depends on the individual and every situation is different from another...in my opinion Sampooran was wrong, first in being timid and not addressing the issue before it shattered their lives and now for leaving Ratan to deal with it all alone...the gulit sure couldnt have been bigger than his responsibility towards the family...
Krinya thumbnail
Originally posted by: hinz

I think I posted this discussion ahead of time...though the crux of discussion is infidelity, we'll have an important input once the letter is shown...

I agree that it depends on the individual and every situation is different from another...in my opinion Sampooran was wrong, first in being timid and not addressing the issue before it shattered their lives and now for leaving Ratan to deal with it all alone...the gulit sure couldnt have been bigger than his responsibility towards the family...

yes of course..but all his efforts to talk to Ratan failed ..he tried so hard to tell his side of his story but she didn' t  listen..her dukh was so big that she didn't take care of her unborn ..Sampooran feard that Ratan may take any extreme step like harming herself or Ranvijay  toh he left..he didn't mean anything to her, she said her husband is dead, living together was meaningless...he left with a heavy heart but he never wanted to...when his child died, that was the ultimate blow for him...

right now we don't know what happened and why it happened toh i'm blaming Sampooran completely..that girl Amrita didn't want to come to him but she did bec. she was left with no other option..likewise Sampooran cud have easily lied tht Amrita is lying , he cud have saved his family life but he did not ! why?? bec. he wanted to be fair to Veera...prolly he didn't even knew  Amrita had a baby ..