Parents Concern ????

Posted: 11 years ago
Of late I have been reading many articles and topics in this forum all related to how parents are concerned about Anamika negatively influencing the kids since it is being telecast at 8 pm and so it should rather be shifted to a 10 pm slot. But I want to ask a few questions to all these over concerned parents:

1. Why do kids remain awake till late at night? I have a 5 year old daughter too and she always go to sleep by 7:30 or max by 8 pm. And I see many of my other friends' kids also doing the same since they all have to attend school early in the morning and so have to wake up by 6 am. and kids below 10 years usually need minimum 10 hours of sleep so they should ideally sleep by 8 pm max. So, what exactly do the kids of these over concerned parents remain awake beyond 8 pm in the first place ðŸ˜• 

2. 8 -9 pm is the only time slot at which most housewives are busy in the kitchen and so other members of the house can watch TV as per their choice and so any non-saas-bahu show has any chance of finding success only in this time slot. So why should Anamika show makers not take advantage of this time slot? ðŸ˜›

3. for the kids above 10 years of age who do remain awake at this time slot, what do these over-concerned parents think would be the ideal kind of shows? if the parents are not willing to make sacrifice on their TV viewing and are going to force their kids to watch whatever they want to watch rather than their cartoons, so can they please tell me what would be an ideal TV show which can entertain both these over-concerned parents and their kids. Because to be honest, I would any day prefer a non-scary supernatural show like Anamika over the saas-bahu dramas for my daughter, because those saas-bahu shows have a far greater negative influence on innocent minds rather than a show like anamika which kids can be taught to treat only as a work of imagination. saas-bahu shows with their constant plotting, kitchen politics, family members conspirating against own family members, a working woman being portrayed as an evil vamp, and kids being there only as decorative pieces in festivals rather than being encouraged to study and play are actually eroding the family values in our society. they have a far negative influence on the kids than a fantasy show like Anamika. 

So, next time before expressing your over concern or blaming the channel and production house, please look within yourself and seek answers as to what as a parent can you do to ensure that your kids watch good stuff. 
Edited by ..dishu.. - 11 years ago
Agree completely with you TM.
Thanks Deshu for pointing out to this matter...i dont get it why do ppl expect channel ppl to look after their kids? they are here for business and will do it...jis ko jo problem hai apney ghar tak rakho being a supermnatural show lover m loving this show...its the best medicine for stress managment as its a purely entertainmnet show free of all dirts from saas bahu saga, unlike saas bahu show such shows doesn't play wid viewers' emotions...like jodi bnao break kro n audiance ko stress rakho...its not the case here at all.
Dear parents...please let us enjoy the show we are not forcing anyone for watching it...if u have so problem kindly use ur TV remote sweitch to another channel or better switched it off as ur channel changing will force kids for watching saas bahu saga which in no way is beneficial to their innocent minds.
Dishu Very solid Points on the matter..
I Don't understand what is the problem with such shows. It is just a work of imagination and it explores the various myths and beliefs that Indian society has.. This show isn't doing any harm to anyone.. And why not the kids sit and watch such a show if this thing is such a hype in the society whenever anything negative happens we think in this direction so let the children know about the various myth and supernatural things that people believe.. 
Its a request to such parents.. When you don't want your kids to watch something take out that channel as simple as that.. Why let the audience suffer!!
awesome post dishu. .very much needed.. we saw many things happening around so many shows.. which are not good for child brain in fact... they can make deeper impression them.. abotu saas bahu.. why logic we can give them but with this horror fiction we can tell them this this is more imagination then truth.. parent need to understand word parenting better then keep your children under you charge instead asked change time slot
one more question we are seeing man body spry add was more vulgar then anything dont they make any impact on child too. and saas bahu saga too. some shows are showing bhoot pret.. mantrik and all in that...its doenst made any impact on child brain or if this only function when its  come to horror show only.. 
Originally posted by Ayesha066

I Don't understand what is the problem with such shows. It is just a work of imagination and it explores the various myths and beliefs that Indian society has.. This show isn't doing any harm to anyone.. And why not the kids sit and watch such a show if this thing is such a hype in the society whenever anything negative happens we think in this direction so let the children know about the various myth and supernatural things that people believe.. 
Its a request to such parents.. When you don't want your kids to watch something take out that channel as simple as that.. Why let the audience suffer!!
@red: exactly Annie when we ourself are indirectly making kids to belive on such thing than why rona dhona for a show which clearly mentions thats its a fictional work 😕
Originally posted by romaila

@red: exactly Annie when we ourself are indirectly making kids to belive on such thing than why rona dhona for a show which clearly mentions thats its a fictional work 😕
Exactly the show in its first episode intro made it very clear that they are exploring such things in the society.. I don't understand why this hypocritical behaviour of Parents!!
awesome post dear..much needed..
one thing i really cant understand is..people hav problm in their childern watching super natural shows bt dont hav problms in watching illogical dramas and reality shows like big boss which air at 9 pm slot..ssry to point out ne specific reality show..bt its horrible..still these "parents" dont hav any prob with it..huh
Originally posted by romaila

Thanks Deshu for pointing out to this matter...i dont get it why do ppl expect channel ppl to look after their kids? they are here for business and will do it...jis ko jo problem hai apney ghar tak rakho being a supermnatural show lover m loving this show...its the best medicine for stress managment as its a purely entertainmnet show free of all dirts from saas bahu saga, unlike saas bahu show such shows doesn't play wid viewers' emotions...like jodi bnao break kro n audiance ko stress rakho...its not the case here at all.
Dear parents...please let us enjoy the show we are not forcing anyone for watching it...if u have so problem kindly use ur TV remote sweitch to another channel or better switched it off as ur channel changing will force kids for watching saas bahu saga which in no way is beneficial to their innocent minds.
no romi, parents today believe that its the channel, government, everyone's responsibility to raise their kids to be good citizens, except their own ðŸ¥± . they believe why should they sacrifice on their entertainment for their kids, its the channels which should not show any thing unsuitable for kids ðŸ¥±. why should we watch cartoons to give a healthy entertainment to kids, no we would watch saas bahu dramas and horror shows, and vulgar reality shows and songs and then blame the entertainment industry for spoiling the young generation.
Originally posted by Ayesha066

naa ji why should parents sacrifice their dose of entertainment for their kids. its the channels na which shud not show such stuff ðŸ˜† akhir bacchon ko palna koi parents ki responsibility thode na hai ðŸ¤£