Kaali - Ek Punar Avatar

'Kaali' makes disappointing start at UK ratings!

Udhay thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 11 years ago

Overnights: 'Kaali' makes disappointing start!

'Kaali' starts off slow on Star Plus

The launch of 'Kaali – Ek Punar Avtaar' as the replacement for one of Star Plus' most watched shows – 'Iss Pyar Ko Kya Naam Doon' has witnessed a drastic drop in audience.

The hard-hitting drama, which kicked off last night (Monday 3rd December) in the 20:00 – 20:30 slot has lost the channel over 100,000 viewers since Friday when 'Iss Pyar Ko Kya Naam Doon' aired in the same band. According to exclusive data obtained by BizAsia from Attentional, 'Kaali' had an audience of 114,400 – peaking at 134,600. In fact, the show had the lowest audience between 19:00 – 23:00 last night. The repeat of 'Kaali' at 23:00 got the show a further 34,900 viewers.

Surprisingly, it was 'Pyaar Ka Dard Hai Meetha Meetha Pyara Pyara' that came up on top of the ratings for the channel yesterday. It was the most watched programme with 217,400, followed by 'Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai' at 21:30 with 205,000. 'Diya Aur Bati Hum' was next with 155,500 and 'Ek Veer Ki Ardaas – Veera' with 154,400 was next. 'Ek Hazaaron Mein Meri Behnaa Hai' slid down the popularity ladder with an audience of 148,900.

New shows are known to take some time before sustaining viewership. This is not the only thing that applies to 'Kaali' but also it is competing in a slot that had become synonymous with fans of Arnav and Khushi of 'Iss Pyar Ko Kya Naam Doon'. Not only that but the genre of both shows are completely different and it will take some time for viewers to get used to the change.

Above data is an overnight rating – and may change slightly after consolidated figures become available in seven days from BARB.

Link :

http://www.media247.co.uk/bizasia/overnights-kaali-makes-disappointing-start

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

.Sumi. thumbnail
tfs Uday...oops yeah would be difficult in the beginning later it will take off im sure
Udhay thumbnail
Sunitha - Yes, the beginning may be weak, but I'm sure Kaali will grow stronger soon, as it has a powerful story in it!! :)
.Sumi. thumbnail
Yeah sure it will and also it has replaced a very popular show which is why its weak
Udhay thumbnail
Yeah fans of that show will be angry, disappointed, so Kaali will have to bear their wrath, initially! :/
.Sumi. thumbnail
ikr...lets just hope to get more viewers for this show 😊
Im an IPK viewer too 😊
nonu123 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
 i have taken a liking to kaali,though i was the biggest fan of IPKKND Edited by nonu123 - 11 years ago
Udhay thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: nonu123

i have taken a liking to kaali,though i was the biggest fan of IPKKND

So sweet of u, I was a IPK fan as well!
Welcome to Kaali forum! :)