Economically progressive, but not socially

IndigoBlues thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 11 years ago
Hi, I'm Megz and this is my first post here. I'm not a very active member on I-F but I've been watching Kaali and I find it really interesting. Im also intrigued because somebody made a post talking about its similarity to the Nitish Katara case, so I'm eager to see how the show handles the story.
Firstly, Tyagi's family. Sayali and Zoya from Ishaqzaade are kind of different except for one thing: Both are considerably well-educated. Both are progressive. Sayali is a step further and has chosen a man who is the complete opposite of her father and brother๐Ÿ˜† And yet Tyagi slaps his wife and takes away Sayali's cell phone. It's odd isn't it? Sayali, on the outside, looks like just another 21st century woman but she lives in such a volatile environment.
Even her brother(what is name btw. I didn't catch it in the first epi๐Ÿ˜†) is an educated guy. He keeps spouting angreji ( His English is pretty good.Some TV actors have horrible English accents, i tell you๐Ÿ˜†), he goes around in urban wear too, talks on a cellphone but yet he has his father's mentality towards his sister. Once again on the outside he's a goodlooking(if i dare say๐Ÿ˜†), modern guy, but on the inside he posesses a 17th century outlook on love and women.
So the Tyagi family may be economically in touch with the times, but socially they're still backward.๐Ÿฅฑ
They say that lack of education and lack of money are the chief reasons for crime. And yet the Tyagi family is so notorious. Such people just convince me that criminals are born, not made๐Ÿ˜†
Nimay and Sayali are doomed, that's for sure. The bureaucracy, the cops, all can be easily bought, so no hope of government protection. Society is easily bullied by people like Tyagi. Only Vaani can keep them safe, but for how long?

I just hope they don't show anything too gruesome.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Udhay thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Hello, Indigo.. Welcome to Kaali forum..! :) Nice post! Good observation, I must say.. I agree with all points u have said.. Like how we have Female Infanticide, Child marriages still existent in some parts of our nation, this kind of socially-backward thinking people too exist.. What is notable here is Sayali and her brother.. They are educated, but have no progressive thinking.. Sayali - is so very afraid of her father and her family.. Sayali's bro - His name is unknown to me too, I have watched all the episodes, but yet to know his name.. He speaks English, sports modern outfits, but still is very much like his father! Btw, he looks handsome, even better than the lead, Nimai.. (Just my POV) Most probably in a week, Poor Sayali and Nimai's lives would be curbed forever! Then, the actual story - Vani(TeacherJi) Vs RKT will begin! Again, good post.. Do visit the forum often and make interesting topics for us.. Thanks..! :)
.Sumi. thumbnail
Hi Megz...Well said...awesome post...You said it all ๐Ÿ‘
this is how the actual plot would start cos of the the 2 negative male characters ๐Ÿ˜Š
IndigoBlues thumbnail
Originally posted by: --Udhay--

Hello, Indigo.. Welcome to Kaali forum..! :) Nice post! Good observation, I must say.. I agree with all points u have said.. Like how we have Female Infanticide, Child marriages still existent in some parts of our nation, this kind of socially-backward thinking people too exist.. What is notable here is Sayali and her brother.. They are educated, but have no progressive thinking.. Sayali - is so very afraid of her father and her family.. Sayali's bro - His name is unknown to me too, I have watched all the episodes, but yet to know his name.. He speaks English, sports modern outfits, but still is very much like his father! Btw, he looks handsome, even better than the lead, Nimai.. (Just my POV) Most probably in a week, Poor Sayali and Nimai's lives would be curbed forever! Then, the actual story - Vani(TeacherJi) Vs RKT will begin! Again, good post.. Do visit the forum often and make interesting topics for us.. Thanks..! :)

That's exactly what I was trying to point out..today politicians send their kids to the best schools, give them the best clothes, but behind that facade they still believe in old rituals...btw, I agree, the brother is hotter than Nimai๐Ÿ˜†One week...lets see whether the show really is that fast..they might drag it you know..๐Ÿ˜†
IndigoBlues thumbnail
Originally posted by: Sunitha_Swayam

Hi Megz...Well said...awesome post...You said it all ๐Ÿ‘
this is how the actual plot would start cos of the the 2 negative male characters ๐Ÿ˜Š

thanks!๐Ÿ˜ณ yep, bhai and papa will cause all the trouble๐Ÿ˜†