TB: TV actors warmly embrace Mumbai's winter

swethasyam08 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 11 years ago

TB: TV actors warmly embrace Mumbai's winter

Thursday, December 06, 2012 | 3:37:54 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)

Winter has set in in Mumbai, the mercury has dropped a few degrees, it's just a wee bit chilly. TV actors are thoroughly enjoying this season.

When you think of winter, the scene you instantly conjure up is of a snowy landscape, a cosy fireplace, warm woollen mittens and mugs of hot chocolate. Mumbai, the city where shooting for TV shows happen, however has a maritime climate with very mild winters. Nevertheless TV actors are making the best of Mumbai winters as it's after all a very pleasant season especially for outdoor shooting.

Shama Sikander

Winters are not too chilly in Mumbai, therefore it is very pleasant to shoot outdoors. In summer and monsoon it's difficult to step outdoors in the city. I am going for a winter vacation this year, most probably to Istanbul.

I love dressing up in this beautiful season. As winters in Mumbai are however not too cold, we can't unfortunately dress up the way people of Paris and Delhi do during winters. Nevertheless it's slightly chilly now in Mumbai so I love to wear jackets, scarves and nice leggings with boots.

My skin gets very dry in winter, it is otherwise oily. I wash my skin regularly and moisturize it too. In winter after all your body craves for fats and carbohydrates, nevertheless I try to eat calorie free food. I enjoy a cup of hot tea and coffee during winters and I also like to sip on red wine.